Harmonix Holiday Livestreamaganza on 12/19! Q&A and Giveaways FOR CHARITY!

edited October 2012 in Announcements
Hey DC Fans!

If you haven't heard of Child's Play, it's an awesome gaming related charity that benefits children in hospitals. The organization is supported in a huge way by the fine folks at Penny Arcade and a number of developer/community run fund raising events around the world (including

Comments

• hugo2424hugo2424 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    so thats 9 am in melbourne thats good :D. I REALLY WANNA NOW THE DLC. also could you show the dlc trailer in it :D

my questions are,

1 Would you be allowed to have a post that says songs you tried to get but the people said no to it being in dc?

2 When are you announcing the codes (you know which i am talking about)
  • heyoRADIOheyoRADIO Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    hugo2424 wrote: »
    1 Would you be allowed to have a post that says songs you tried to get but the people said no to it being in dc?

This! As I was reading the first post, this was the one and only question I really wanted to know the answer to. haha!
    I'd love to know some of the tracks we'll never(?) see in Dance Central :o

And darn, I don't think I'll be able to catch this. I'm busy that monday.
    Looking forward to the crazy announcements though! :D
  • AceRetrieverAceRetriever Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    1. What is the general atmosphere like in your work environment? *spectacle adjustment*

2. If you could bring any one of your characters to life and unleash him/her into the real world, who would you choose?
  • yunasakurayunasakura Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Will Harmonix consider selling more DC 1 or 2 collectibles? =3
    Like the bandana, scarf, those wristband thingies, crew cards MMC has... maybe posters. and...
    I would to have DC character figures (especially Glitch) together with my Final Fantasy collection *puppy eyes*
  • tatuyugipiulovertatuyugipiulover Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    yunasakura wrote: »
    Will Harmonix consider selling more DC 1 or 2 collectibles? =3
    Like the bandana, scarf, those wristband thingies, crew cards MMC has... maybe posters. and...
    I would to have DC character figures (especially Glitch) together with my Final Fantasy collection *puppy eyes*

I support this, hope the giveaways arenot only DLC and they include some stuff like this id love to have one scarf towel :D
    edited December 2011
    i want two real tuff guys who work at harmonix do toxic on hard! ;)
  • SamuelGardenSamuelGarden Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    Questions are:

How did you get the idea of rock band and dance central?
    edited December 2011
    not really a question but Play the new dlc on hard
  • starcruzin22starcruzin22 Opening Act
    edited December 2011
    So, fo sho you guys are releasing Rihanna DLC on the following day?
    edited December 2011
    So, fo sho you guys are releasing Rihanna DLC on the following day?

yes there are although i havnt seen proof lots of people on the forum have said that microsoft announced it or something like that
  • SomeRandomJerkinSomeRandomJerkin Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'll throw one out, why not? So, consider this a neutral question, its been stated more than once that your focus is generally on modern day dance/pop music (the within last decade), and that has definitely been the case with the majority of DC2's song list and the downloadable songs released . Should we continue to expect this with future downloads and retail releases?
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I'll throw one out, why not? So, consider this a neutral question, its been stated more than once that your focus is generally on modern day dance music (the last decade), and that has definitely been the case with the majority of DC2's song list and the downloadable songs released to date, not quite as much with DC1. Should we continue to expect this with future downloads and retail releases?

yes i agree i want old songs like
    Love in the first degree by bananarama,
    Walk Like An Egyptian The Bangles
  • RawkboxRawkbox Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Who in the HMX offices (apart from the choreographers) is the best dancer, both scorewise and skillwise?
    My money's on John Drake. He seems like he'd be able to throw the moves out on demand.
    edited December 2011
    its today right?
  • Lone-WolfLone-Wolf Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    What yuna sakura said will you guys be selling stuff like shirts,wristbands and you know all the other good stuff.and tomorrow you guys selling free dlc on dc or rb.I just wanted to know if you guys were going to sell stuff because i am a big Angel fan.I want a poster and a shirt
  • edited December 2011
    Keep the questions coming! We'll have members of the DC team on hand including choreographers so if you have any questions about the franchise or your favorite dance routines, or anything related to DC keep bringing them up here! We'll pull questions from the forums (we may not get to all of them, but we'll do our best!) and we'll even call out your handle on the air so be sure to tune in!
    edited December 2011
    HMXamgo wrote: »
    Keep the questions coming! We'll have members of the DC team on hand as well as choreographers so if you have any questions about the franchise or your favorite dance routines, or anything related to DC keep bringing them up here! We'll pull questions from the forums (we may not get to all of them, but we'll do our best!) and we'll even call out your handle on the air so be sure to tune in!

i have another question

Per month how many songs do you get permission to use and how long does it take to finish a song
  • KrazychapinKrazychapin Unsigned
    edited December 2011
    Why was dare,oblio,and McCoy cut out of Dance Central 2 :( ?
    edited December 2011
    Hi when will this happen? like at which time? :)
    edited December 2011
    NVM... forget my question lol
    edited December 2011
    Here's a question, since Dr. Tan escaped, it's most likely that there will be a dance central 3? :D
    edited December 2011
    Hi when will this happen? like at which time? :)

thats in the first post
    edited December 2011
    There is any chance someday other Language music could be included in the game?

Like KPOP

Remember Psychokiller and its french is on Rock Band :D
  • edited December 2011
    Any songs you want to see played on the air during the livestream?
    edited December 2011
    I request Just Dance from DC1 but played on DC2 in Hard :D

thanks in advance
    edited December 2011
    Yeah so if you do deicide to make a dance central 3 make sure you put Angel lol.
    edited December 2011
    Hey didnt you guys say that you were going to give out free codes for rb and DC
  • SomeRandomJerkinSomeRandomJerkin Unsigned
    edited December 2011

Sure, here's what I got:

-Push It
    -Rendez Vu
    -The Way I are
    -Get ur Freak on
  • GraphicMangGraphicMang Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Massive Attack :)
    and Annette, I see that the codes for DC will be packs, how does that work out?
    As the RB ones are 160 point value right?
  • AceRetrieverAceRetriever Opening Act
    edited December 2011

Get Ur Freak On
    Bad Romance
    Impacto (Remix)
    Flava in Ya Ear

^_^