What other video games are you playing?

edited October 2013 in General
We're all here because we're obviously DC fanatics, but I'm curious to find out what sorts of other games you all are into. Do you just play music games? Do you regularly find yourself lost for hours in an RPG? Maybe you like getting into online sessions in military shooters?

Aside from getting my fitness on with DC, I've been playing a TON of Mass Effect 2 (360 version). That's my JAM. I just have a few pieces of DLC and some side missions left to wrap up in order to beef up my save file for Mass Effect 3 import. ME3 is still sitting unopened in my apartment and I can't wait to jump in!

What else are you guys playing these days? Which game releases are you looking forward to this year?

Comments

• HMXJessaBrezHMXJessaBrez HMX Dev
    edited March 2012
    All right, here are my big four right now:

1. Skyrim is eating all of my hours right now. All of them. My character is a High Elf sneaky mage who specializes in destruction spells, conjuring atronachs, one-handed sword melee, and alchemy. She likes catching butterflies, finding mushrooms, enchanting jewelry, and doing critical damage in one strike. Lydia keeps house for her while she gallivants around the world, kicking butt with the amazing Jenassa and faithful pup Vigilance. There was a brief affair with Mjoll. Jenassa is understanding about it. Sometimes you have to put the needs of the world ahead of your own.

I'm completely addicted.

2. Sims 3. This game took all my hours until Skyrim. I usually play obsessively for a few weeks, take a few weeks off, repeat. Also enjoy Sims Medieval though it's not quite the same level of time/money commitment. My Sims are almost always literary characters because I'm a bit fat nerd and proud of it. Edmund Pevensie and Prim Everdeen married? You betcha!

3. Okami! I'm just about done with console Okami. Such a pretty game.

4. 999 on the DS. I enjoy it a lot despite some eye-rolling at the writing/translating. The concept is pretty rad though! I like to pretend Junpei is just a young Won Bin . . . le sigh.
  • starcruzin22starcruzin22 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Still Halo Reach. Of course multi-player. Sorry, no Call Of Duty for me. Even though I have WaW and MW2. Can't wait for Halo 4! It is going to be epic!

And I still have to finish Halo Anniversary. Haven't played it in a while.

Basically Kinect. Sports, "DC2", Adventures, Fruit Ninja, demos, Fun Labs, and other arcade games.

I want to get ACIII, Res. Evil 6, Bio Infinite, Forza Horizon, Fable: The Journey, (DC3), and especially Halo 4!
  • KJGlitterKJGlitter Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I've been playing Dance Central 2 the most out of anything, but the siblings and I are also multi-playing Tales of Vesperia(JRPG), and will soon be multi-playing Tales of Graces f (Also a JRPG) . Finished up the main quest on Skyrim - mages FTW - and am now doing all the sidequests I can. I also play Left 4 Dead occasionally, online or with a family member. Soon I'll be getting the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack :)
  • SparklepireSparklepire Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    The top three games that are eating all of my free time are

1. Mass Effect 3 the story is really good I am enjoying doing all of the side missions, and the multiplayer is a blast if you have a group of friends that can mesh well ;D.

2. Skyrim. It is one of my all time favourite rpgs. My character is a Breton mage that favours the destruction school of magic and will rain fiery death on anyone that will look at him wrongly.

3. Minecraft that games is soo addicting I just can't keep away from it everytime I think I have done enough for one day I will think of something else that I can build or another cave that I can go spelunking in. :D
  • AppamnAppamn Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    1. Is obviously Dance Central 2. That's the main game I play

2. Would have to be MineCraft. Although I don't last long because the speed it up high and I get dizzy.

3. The Binding of Isaac. Funniest game on earth by far. And most challenging.

4. BORDERLANDS!! Love me some borderlands.

5. Tera. Kinda trying to get back into it... Haven't played it much lately.

But to be honest, I don't play much video games, I mainly watch TV. So the right question to ask is what TV shows do you watch.
  • KJGlitterKJGlitter Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Then what TV shows do you watch, Appamn? I rarely watch any television now, since the games are getting so good.
  • AppamnAppamn Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    KJGlitter wrote: »
    Then what TV shows do you watch, Appamn? I rarely watch any television now, since the games are getting so good.

Lol, I mainly watch Anime. But I do watch a ton of other shows. But mainly Animes. Baka and Test is my favorite. If you want a really funny anime, I suggest Baka and Test.
  • CarkabellCarkabell Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Dance Central 2 and Skyrim.
  • hexterahhexterah Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    4. 999 on the DS. I enjoy it a lot despite some eye-rolling at the writing/translating. The concept is pretty rad though! I like to pretend Junpei is just a young Won Bin . . . le sigh.

THAT GAME. I am so in love with that game. I definitely know what you mean about the writing and translating - I couldn't help but let it slide when I played (or I just forgot about some of it) cause there was SO MUCH text and I was glued to the game besides that. It is insane! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Did you get any of the endings yet? :D

Right now I'm still working through some of the DLC on Fallout: New Vegas (lololol so behindddd), finishing up the latest Professor Layton game and preparing to play Silent Hill 2 and 3 when the Silent Hill HD Collection comes out soon!
  • KellmoneeKellmonee Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Besides DC, I'm playing shooters, action, strategy, etc.
    I'm currently working on Portal 2 (the game is major hard!)
  • 1300urns1300urns Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    For me.

Mass Effect 3 - Just unwrapped it yesterday
    Call of Duty MW3 - Super fun although I suck at it
    Kingdom Rush (iPad) - Tower defense game but more involved with cool upgrades
  • Twig1992Twig1992 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I am currently playing Silent Hill Downpour and going to get Silent Hill HD Collection. I also have Just Dance 3, Kinect Sports 1 & 2, Mortal Kombat and Saints Row 3. Later this year, i want to get Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders 2, Prototype 2, RE6, Bioshock Inifinite and Aliens Colonial Marines
    ADD ME (if want) TWIGN8TR :D
  • pop55501pop55501 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I play
    Left 4 Dead 2
    The Sims 3
    Black Ops
    Dance Central
    Mortal Kombat

and yeah
  • RicxZeroRicxZero Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    Xbox 360:
    WWE 12
    Gers Of War 3
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Project Gotham Racing 4
    Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
    Michael Jackson: The Experience
    Tekken 6
    Left 4 Dead 2

PC:
    Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    Minecraft
    Need For Speed Underground 2
    Need For Speed World

And more :D
  • SilverRaven74SilverRaven74 Unsigned
    edited March 2012
    I just got DC and Zumba Rush when I got my new Kinect about 2 weeks ago. I'm totally addicted. I also have Just Dance 3 but it's not quite as fun as DC, although I do like some of the songs better.

Looking forward to getting DC2 this weekend and still want to try the Michael Jackson Experience and the Black Eye'd Peas game!
  • rbgadminrbgadmin Administrator
    edited March 2012
    You guys have made me feel like I need to get back to Minecraft. My mom, brother, his fiancee, me, and my boyfriend all played together for months and then fell out of it for a while. I haven't played since they added simple machines and those FREAKY shadow monsters, though . . .

Did start Plants vs. Zombies last night though! And any of you that have a PS3, Journey was a beautiful game!
  • tatuyugipiulover2tatuyugipiulover2 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Well i was getting the Xbox achievments for

Guitar Hero 2 -3
    Rhythm Party Arcade
    Cartoon Network PTE XL
    DDR Universe
  • LadyHaHa2ItLadyHaHa2It Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    I only have time for one game at at time. So right now it's DC 2. When May 15th rolls around, that will be a different story, though. I will have to figure out how to play DC 2 (cause I just can't give it up), and DIABLO 3!!!!!! The wait is finally over!!!
  • nittoga1nittoga1 Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Dance Central 2 for the most part, but I've been playing Silent Hill Downpour and Street Fighter X Tekken
  • WhiteMoWhiteMo Opening Act
    edited March 2012
    Kellmonee wrote: »
    I'm currently working on Portal 2 (the game is major hard!)
    rbgadmin wrote: »
    Did start Plants vs. Zombies last night though!

Goooooood choices :D

I play Portal 2 as well, one of the best games ever made, along with the original Portal which I've downloaded. Mostly I'm trying to get achievements and enjoying multiplayer, but unfortunately my gold membership ended a few days ago, so now I've put this game aside for a while.

I bought Rayman Origins for Christmas, it's a great game, but I couldn't try multiplayer for the lack of a second controller.

Alice Madness Returns - American McGee at his finest (:

For Kinect, I have Adventures, DC1, DC2, Your Shape FE 12 and JD3. I enjoy JD3 much (not as much as DC2, of course) and I'm enjoying it even more since I figured out how to unlock achievements. Seriously, once you start playing the game, you no longer care about how repetitive it is! You can't judge from the videos on youtube, you have to try it for yourself :)

I have some extra money now and I'm planning to get Skyrim, everyone praises it like mad. I wasn't fond of the game style before, but I think I'll give it a try, and while I'm at it, why shouldn't I try the best? :D
  • SuperSonicRiderSuperSonicRider Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    NOTE TO MODERATORS: I'd hate to make another repeat post, but well, this one hasn't shown up yet, so...

Hence my username (an allusion to the Sonic Riders series), I am a huge fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Not huge enough of a fan to say that all of the series is perfect, but enough to have at least played all of the 3D Sonic games, and a good chunk of the 2D ones, thanks to the Sonic Mega Collection (I probably sound like such a geek to you guys right now :3, but anyway). The ones that I've particularly been playing a lot recently are the 2011 update to Sonic CD, Sonic Generations, and Sonic 3 (Complete version). Fun stuff. I also like to play other platformers such as Super Mario, and now that I'm connected to the Steam network, I'm thinking of getting Rayman: Origins, since I've heard lots of good things about it.

Sometimes I also have my friend come over so we can play some Portal 2, which we STILL have yet to complete (the multiplayer mode, anyway) after 2 months! Granted, in that time, my friend only comes over about twice or 3 times, but still, we play that a LOT.

I've been getting into a lot of "Old Skool" games as well recently thanks to the Wii's Virtual Console (and being introduced to some new franchises via Smash Bros.), like Super Metroid and Kirby Super Star, which are very fun!

As far as rhythm-based games, I play Dance Central 2 (duh), Dance Central (sometimes, just to play through the "Grand Finale Challenge" again), Rock Band 3 (which I don't have, but my aforementioned friend does and he brings the game sometimes), and Tap Tap Revenge for the iOS.

When it seems like there's nothing else to play, I like to boot up Namco Museum for the good ol' Xbox, which is a collection of 12 arcade games, like Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Pole Position, etc. I also play a few other classic Xbox games, but Namco Museum is usually the first one I think about playing.

So...yeah. That's pretty much me as far as gaming goes.

Also...
    WhiteMo wrote: »
    I enjoy JD3 much (not as much as DC2, of course)...

THANK YOU. A lot of Dance Central fans seem to hate Just Dance with a passion. I like Dance Central more as well, since I think it has a better UI, better tracking and (definitely) more sensible dance moves. But at the end of the day, they're both video games, and what really matters is that they're fun to play. :)
  • WhiteMoWhiteMo Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    THANK YOU. A lot of Dance Central fans seem to hate Just Dance with a passion. I like Dance Central more as well, since I think it has a better UI, better tracking and (definitely) more sensible dance moves. But at the end of the day, they're both video games, and what really matters is that they're fun to play. :)

People seem to take it as a war between DC and JD. You either love this or that. That's nonsense, you can enjoy both of them for different reasons :) I'm glad you like it, too! Which are your favourite JD3 songs? Mine are Boom, Price Tag and Airplanes. At least, at the moment :)
  • SuperSonicRiderSuperSonicRider Rising Star
    edited April 2012
    WhiteMo wrote: »
    People seem to take it as a war between DC and JD. You either love this or that. That's nonsense, you can enjoy both of them for different reasons :) I'm glad you like it, too! Which are your favourite JD3 songs? Mine are Boom, Price Tag and Airplanes. At least, at the moment :)

To be honest, I don't have it yet, but there was a party I went to recently that let me get a pretty good opinion of it! My favorite songs that I've played have to be "Pump It", "She's Got Me Dancing", and "Price Tag". I plan to get it soon though!
    edited April 2012
    I like Just Dance series as well. I don't compare them either. I really like both games. I love Price Tag and the dlc Walk Like an Egyptian. I also have the Black Eyed Peas Kinect and like it too. I am getting the Michael Jackson Kinect game today. I know a lot of people don't like that one but it was 12 dollars. I'll give anything a try for that price.
    I do have a Dance Central question. Am I the only goofball that cannot do the step center move in Hey Mami. I have tried break it down and I just can't do it. I have a slight birth defect, one of my legs was twisted in slightly when I was born so that I walk pigeon toed not sure if that is keeping me from pointing my leg right when I play. Any tips would be great!
  • heyoRADIOheyoRADIO Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Well! I mainly play music/rhythm games. Aside from Dance Central... I dabble in Rock Band 3, I have Just Dance 3 for when friends come over, I used to be all about Dance Dance Revolution but I started losing interest. I still play it though on very rare occasion.

But before Dance Central came into my life, my main game to play was DJ Hero 2. I loved the franchise since the first game was shown at E3 2009, mashups were pretty new to me and it introduced me to a bunch of artists! It was pretty rad for me, hearing the elements of two tracks being put together to make a whole new thing. The venues in the sequel were awesome, some of the characters were a bit odd looking, but altogether, I loved this franchise so much, I bought all the DLC, and I was pretty saddened when Activision pulled the plug on it. Really hoping it'll be picked up again someday, It was really awesome to hear the mashups and remixes FreeStyle Games would come up with.

Aside from music games, I'd say the only thing I put my time into is Pokemon, which I've played since Red/Blue.
    (But I admit I probably didn't REALLY know what I was doing until Black/White, haha)
    There are a bunch of games I've wanted to try for a while, like Portal, but I don't really have the money to pick up a lot of games that I want to try. I spend quite a bit on the interests I already have. I did get the chance to buy Catherine though, and I loved it! It was extremely frustrating, however, haha!
    edited April 2012
    I gotta admit I love Pokemon as well. I have almost all the versions that have came out. I even reset the game at the beginning until I get a shiny just for something to do while I watch TV. Poke nerd alert..hehe
  • ExclusiveMinkExclusiveMink Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    **Standing up** "My name is Mink and I am a Skyrim addict.... I never thought this game would absorb me like it has but I'm totally hooked..." **hanging head in shame**
  • ExclusiveMinkExclusiveMink Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    The conclusion is totally worth the effort. I'm literally jonesing for the next release. If there is a God it will be soon...
  • NightmareLewisNightmareLewis Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    In XBox,than DC2,i like to play Mortal Kombat,UNO and Fruit Ninja. :D
  • LushLoverLushLover Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    Besides DC (That I play religiously), I'm also a Tomb Raider fanatic and pretty excited for the new TR that'll be coming out later this year :D