What other video games are you playing?

Comments

• ctkxtremectkxtreme Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    Currently: Skylanders, the first Mass Effect, LA Noire and the South Park arcade game that just recently came out. I also play Rock Band and Team Fortress 2 weekly alongside with DC2.
  • CarkabellCarkabell Unsigned
    edited April 2012
    I did enjoy playing Skylanders for a couple of days. It was a cool game. My son let me "borrow" one of each type. Stealth Elf FTW.
  • Super90sgamerSuper90sgamer Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I'm wasting my time with Kinect Adventure & saving money for Dance Central 2.
  • 5GoldStars5GoldStars Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    I play DC2 everyday, but I enjoy playing Modern Warfare 3 along with Zumba Fitness Rush and the BEP Experience.
  • Seanyboy99Seanyboy99 Rising Star
    edited May 2012
    I'm a World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy nerd, but I also enjoy the Resident Evil and Elder Scroll series. Hoping to pick up and try Catherine soon-ish.

Edit: Also I can't believe I forgot this (especially because of my forum avatar,) but I am still a Pokemon nerd as well.
  • BossPlayerBossPlayer Opening Act
    edited May 2012
    Mass Effect 3! Cool use of the kinect, great gameplay, beautiful graphics, and amazing story. On a side note is still think Miss Aurbrey's street outfit was inspired by Miranda Lawson. Also some Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty MW3. Some kinect games I recently picked up Child of Eden and Fruit Ninja are pretty wicked.
  • LilTxGlitchLilTxGlitch Unsigned
    edited May 2012
    Rock Band 3. In fact the without the Rock Band series, which was also made by Harmonix, I would never have even heard about DC2, because I'd always check out what's new in HMX.
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if anybody is as big of a (MMO) nerd as me, but if you are, and if you have / are planning to get The Secret World, then you should totes hit me up on "The Grim" (or maybe Grimm) server. Character's name is "Balt."
  • danzer123danzer123 Opening Act
    edited July 2012
    1: Little Big Planet 2 Is sooo addicting i can't stop creating and learning about new logic.

2: Call Of Duty : Black Ops who doesn't?

Games I'm Looking Forward To: Black Ops 2,and Dance Central 3.
  • Super90sgamerSuper90sgamer Opening Act
    edited August 2012
    I'm looking forward for DC3, Remember Me & GoW Judgement.
    edited August 2012
    Thought I would try this instead of just being like "yo, I am playing this. It's a hip hopping good time."

(Not quite so) Mini-Review: LA Noire

I had been meaning to pick this up since it's release way back in May of last year, but I never got around to it. However, the stars alligned last Saturday and I was able to pick up a copy at Best Buy for just 11 bucks.

The game is set in 1940s Los Angeles, and you are a detective for LAPD. Most of the game has you solving crimes by traveling around the city looking for clues and evidence by searching crime scenes, homes / apartments, etc... And interviewing witnesses / suspects. Sprinkled in between all of the "Problem / Puzzle solving" segments are action sequences where you have to do things like chase down a suspect on foot or in a car chase, or take out some baddies in shoot-outs or fist fights.

Pros
    -Gets You Thinking (Almost nothing is ever as straightforward as it may seem.)
    -Interesting Story / Cases
    -Can replay old cases and try to get different results / scores.
    -Very detailed and authentic.
    -Really Cheap to be just over a year old game.

Cons
    -If you aren't someone who enjoys things like puzzles / anything where you can't just bulldoze your way through your problems most of the time, or someone who enjoys the story a lot, then you may find it boring.
    -Slightly repetitive at times.
    -Frustrating at times (For ex. In one case, you must search the inside and outside of a house in order to get all of the pieces of evidence. Two cases later, you find yourself doing the same thing at a shop. I tried to leave the shop to search for evidence outside, and the game automatically started a cutscene followed by a car chase action sequence, before I could question the shop owner.)

(Warning this number is going to be biased, for this review and any other non-DC game reviews I may post here in the future.)
    My Score- 4/5

I think it is great for anybody who likes to challenge their mind and / or likes a good story. I would also recommend for anybody who wants to try a different game than just the next Call of Duty and whatnot.

Avoid if you prefer games where you spend a majority of your time shooting things, blowing things up, or being all stabby stabby at things.

(Also, Mad Men fans will give this game bonus points, because the main character was voiced by and animated using the face of Aaron Staton (a.k.a. Ken Cosgrove.))
    edited August 2012
    Another month, another new MMO that will hopefully keep me interested at least until October.

Playing Guild Wars 2 now, and if anybody else is playing or plans to / is considering playing and wants a friend to play with, then I am on the server Fort Aspenwood and my Friend ID is : Balt.8127

*Side Note* For anybody that has ever been curious about MMOs, but didn't want to put up with a monthly subscription or having to "Pay to Play" in order to access the entire game, Guild Wars 2 does not have a monthly subscriptions or a requirement to pay in order to access all of the content. You only have to pay for the actual game itself and nothing else. They are trying to make their money using an in-game shop where you can buy fun / vanity type things.
  • kurisu007kurisu007 Opening Act
    edited September 2012
    I play Kinect Sports sometimes. Fighting games is my #1 genre, gonna play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 later today. Sometimes I play Diablo 3 but I'm starting to lose interest because of the annoying spammers filling my inbox.
    edited September 2012
    kurisu007 wrote: »
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Was going to post and say that I picked this up myself.

I don't know if anybody is looking for or even cares about my non-DC related game reviews, but just wanted to say a couple of things about them.
    1. I probably will not be doing one for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
    2. If anybody is looking for a Guild Wars 2 review, I plan on doing one soon-ish (read, in the next week or two). That is, unless I become swamped with work / other things.
  • airis1983airis1983 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    kurisu007 wrote: »
    I play Kinect Sports sometimes.
    I like to play it too :) Especially in Track & field, Bowling, Tennis and Boxing :)
  • newtoon1newtoon1 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    League of legends
  • mattStrelowmattStrelow Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    Halfway through my 3rd playthrough of Dishonored.

Absolutely amazing game, everyone should check it out.
  • downown99downown99 Unsigned
    edited October 2012
    CANT WAIT FOR The Hip Hop Dance Experience !!!!!! http://hiphop-dance.ubi.com/en-US/
  • SuperSonicRiderSuperSonicRider Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    downown99 wrote: »
    CANT WAIT FOR The Hip Hop Dance Experience !!!!!! http://hiphop-dance.ubi.com/en-US/

Eh…I think I'll stick to my DC3 and the occasional JD (whenever I can play it). This just looks sorta…meh.
  • TheFanofJDCTheFanofJDC Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Eh…I think I'll stick to my DC3 and the occasional JD (whenever I can play it). This just looks sorta…meh.

I actually think it looks cool. Only bad thing is that there's not enough moves.

Also,the drop thing = GENIUS.
  • SuperSonicRiderSuperSonicRider Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Well hey, maybe I'm biased right now. ;)

Actually, I didn't notice that there were other videos besides the initial trailer. I was afraid it wouldn't have the legitimacy of DC's choreo, or the weird charm that playing JD has, but seeing some more gameplay, it actually looks pretty decent!

I might rent it or play the demo or something to see if I like it, but for now it looks like DC3 is still my only boo. XD

(EDIT: Also, sorry topic-readers, I kinda changed the topic a bit. :P)
  • hexterahhexterah Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Besides DC3, I'm playing the sequel to 999 right now - Virtue's Last Reward! Also finishing up some activities in Saints Row: The Third. :D
  • Magical-Girl-NiMagical-Girl-Ni Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I'm playing Borderlands 2 and I'm gonna start Dead Space 2 soon~
  • TheFanofJDCTheFanofJDC Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I usually just play dancing games but I also play Mario Games & Party Games.

I plan on getting The Hip Hop Dance Experience soon.
  • hi_def132hi_def132 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    HMXamgo wrote: »
    We're all here because we're obviously DC fanatics, but I'm curious to find out what sorts of other games you all are into. Do you just play music games? Do you regularly find yourself lost for hours in an RPG? Maybe you like getting into online sessions in military shooters?

Aside from getting my fitness on with DC, I've been playing a TON of Mass Effect 2 (360 version). That's my JAM. I just have a few pieces of DLC and some side missions left to wrap up in order to beef up my save file for Mass Effect 3 import. ME3 is still sitting unopened in my apartment and I can't wait to jump in!

What else are you guys playing these days? Which game releases are you looking forward to this year?
    did u get my mesage
  • Lilmonster4everLilmonster4ever Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Right now I am playing Dance Central 3 (obviously) Scribblenauts Unlimited and New Super Mario Bros. 2 Gonna get Halo 4 soon :)
  • christianreneechristianrenee Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Facebook Application : TETRIS!
    edited November 2012
    I took advantage of the November sale that Steam (read: Xbox Live Marketplace + some other features for your computer, for those who may be unfamiliar with what Steam is) to add a few more games to my Library. Specifically:

-Portal 2 (Really great Puzzle / Action game, and has some of the best characters and scripting of any game period. In my opinion.)
    -Deus Ex: Human Revolution / Missing Link DLC
    -The Witcher 2: Enhance Edition
  • IzzyDanceIzzyDance Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I really love zombie games!! (: But my all-time favorite games are the DC ones!! (; <33
    But the top 2 games that I play is...

1. DeadIsland is about a resort that gets taken over by zombies. So you have to help out the survivors.

2. The Red Dead Redemption UndeadNightmare is about a guy who has to find out how the zombie outbreak happened and stop it.
  • Hogan2000Hogan2000 Banned
    edited December 2012
    Zombie U, Rock Band 1 2 3 the beatles and ACDC pal. TANK TANK TANK bruther. Legend of Zelda Skyward sword bruther. NASCAR, Gran Turismo 5 bruther, Left for Dead, Assassins Creed 3, Tomb Raider. The list goes on bruther.

Even the classic games pal
    Super Mario Bros. Ninja Gaiden 1 2 and 3, Yoshi's Island, Super Ghouls and Ghost, Pilotwings, Kirby dude.

I'm a gamer dude.

Except I don't play call of duty bruther.