Rock Blog Tuesday 07/31/07 BEST OF SHOW!

edited August 2007 in Announcements
Not too much happening today. Last day of July. Watched the Monster Squad DVD last night.

And oh yeah - WE WON THREE GAME CRITICS AWARDS INCLUDING BEST OF SHOW FOR E3!!!! HOLY LONGSTRINGOFSWEARWORDS!

I would have posted this as soon as I found out but I found out by being dragged into the Freq Pit where we popped several bottles of champagne and celebrated. This is honestly something we, as a team, feel really stoked about working on and it really is the game we would not only want to make but want to play. That so many people agree with that really sweetens the pot. It is like Carnivale over here.

Two more blogs today. First we have Canfield who discusses some of the playtesting we have done recently. Next we have Leo whose blog is sort of a prologue of incredible battles to come.

Canfield on Demiurge and leaderboard kingpins

Leo's Nerf dawn.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    The most innovative game of E3 deserves the best of E3. Congrats
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Alright! It wouldn't suprise me to see more as the year comes to a close and the game is released!
  • edited July 2007
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Wow nice job winning E3 best of show.

Best of Show
    Rock Band

Best Hardware/Peripheral
    Rock Band Instruments

Best Social/Casual/Puzzle
    Rock Band

Very nice, Rock Band deserves it, it's going to be the best game of 2007 easy.

Nice blogs today, ah man I wish I could play test Rock Band, that would be so much fun, I can't wait till November.
  • edited July 2007
    Thanks everybody, we're psyched about it.

And it is kind of funny reading the backlash comments on, like Kotaku. Sweet sweet backlash! The truest sign of success. ;)
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    i thought for sure it would be taken by halo 3. good to see they saw quality over popularity.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Amazing guys :) Congratulations, break out the bubbly! And then get back to work on those bugs :p

Kidding, YOU GUYS ROCK
    edited July 2007
    From Kotaku
    Bah, Rock Band for best of show. Give me a break! It's just Guitar Hero, Drum Hero, and Mic Hero stuck together (which you'll actually see the benefit of them being stuck together all of 3 times ever unless you get ripped off and buy that ridiculously over priced bundle). Best of show should really be going to something that wow's people this year, not an expensive clone of a different game.
    By the way, WHAT? BAHAHAHAHA at that sentence. Im quite sure rock band HAS wowed everyone, and will impress everybody that sees it. Its already almost unanimously shooting for best party game of the year, not to mention best rhythm game and a good chance at best game if its pulled off right. And i have faith that will happen.
  • SimoniousSimonious Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    Congratulations, HMX, you guys deserve it more than anyone.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Yeah! Way to go guys! That's an absolutely gigantic honor. This release is going to be a major marker in the video game history books, mark my words.

And pay no mind us Kotakuites. We can be a mean-spirited bunch.

-Jaime
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Those are some great awards and they are really deserved.

Now, you know what would really be becoming of a Critic's Choice winner? ANNOUCING MORE SONGS! :D
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Wow! Excellent news, way to go Team HMX! My loins burn with desire for this game....umm, wait nevermind...

Oh, and screw the haters. Just jealous.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    AdamBomb629;27460 said:

Now, you know what would really be becoming of a Critic's Choice winner? ANNOUCING MORE SONGS! :D
    agreed.

come on hmx! show up the new GH announcements!
  • ConsoleCoWBoYConsoleCoWBoY Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;27442 said:
    By the way, WHAT? BAHAHAHAHA at that sentence. Im quite sure rock band HAS wowed everyone, and will impress everybody that sees it. Its already almost unanimously shooting for best party game of the year, not to mention best rhythm game and a good chance at best game if its pulled off right. And i have faith that will happen.
    Kotaku is a very nice site, but FILLED with trailer park trash posters! I swear, this guy was more ignorant than the (supposed) offspring of the apeman of Killimanjaro (sic) and a backwoods Tennessee mutant! (Yes, I DO read the tabloids from time to time!) :D
    edited July 2007
    ConsoleCoWBoY;27487 said:
    Kotaku is a very nice site, but FILLED with trailer park trash posters! I swear, this guy was more ignorant than the (supposed) offspring of the apeman of Killimanjaro (sic) and a backwoods Tennessee mutant! (Yes, I DO read the tabloids from time to time!) :D
    Hahaha.. I just fail to see how he says it should be a game that wows people... yet... it won 3 awards and most everybody who has seen it thinks it's going to be amazing. Isn't that wowing people? Logic much?

Methinks by 'wowing people' he means wowing him.
  • NirvanaFTWNirvanaFTW Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Nice job you guys deserve it.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Rev0lver;27472 said:
    agreed.

come on hmx! show up the new GH announcements!
    Agreed. Please? Seriously...please?
  • DarkSideDarkSide Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Congrats on the awards.
    Rev0lver;27472 said:
    [QUOTE=AdamBomb629;27460]Those are some great awards and they are really deserved.

agreed.

come on hmx! show up the new GH announcements![/QUOTE]

Yeah, ya know you want to. :D Give us something.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Congrats HMX, well-deserved prices ^_^

And yeah, some song-announcements would rock my day. Or week. Possibly month.
    edited July 2007
    KillerIsMe;27771 said:
    Congrats HMX, well-deserved prices ^_^

And yeah, some song-announcements would rock my day. Or week. Possibly month.
    not gonna lie, nevermind rocked my year
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    lithiumkc;27783 said:
    Yeah, it did for me too, yet I'd love some more announced songs, wouldn't you? ;)
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Congrats! Not like I"m surprised though ;)
    You guys definitely deserved it!
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Another announcement would be quite nice. But for me it doesn't even have to be more songs. Songs, online play, multiplayer options, band options, ... Harmonix has SO many more announcements to be made about RB than Act/RO have to make about GH3. Although it might seem like they're behind in the press releases because of the GH song announcements, just wait..oh just wait.

EDIT: and of course, congrats on the awards guys! It is defintiely only the beginning.
    edited August 2007
    Smidget;27838 said:
    Another announcement would be quite nice. But for me it doesn't even have to be more songs. Songs, online play, multiplayer options, band options, ... Harmonix has SO many more announcements to be made about RB than Act/RO have to make about GH3. Although it might seem like they're behind in the press releases because of the GH song announcements, just wait..oh just wait.

EDIT: and of course, congrats on the awards guys! It is defintiely only the beginning.
    IMO the GH series must feel threatened by this game. How could they not? They already know how to make GH, and combining that with two brand new instruments and helluva more features, theres no way they can't be worried. Obviously they're going to sell a lot, but they've announced so many more songs and been pushing the PR (With scorehero going to neversoft, etc.) that they seem to be trying to stay in the game. They've already announced a lot of their huge songs. RB doesn't really have anything to worry about, I mean they just took home the grand prize and most awards at E3. They'd have to really badly blow something for the game to be mediocre.

Hmx is known for keeping us in the loop just enough to get us ultra excited for their next release without giving away all the big ones. They tried to do it well with GH2 but leakers screwed that up for them. Its get you antsy to hear more info but I like the way they handle it. Just think of how many leaks got out about GH2 when it hit... They probably don't want that to happen again and im sure they have a good plan about their announcements.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    lithiumkc;27783 said:
    Mine too, I almost don't care about any other songs at this point, I basically got my biggest wish, an entire Nirvana album to play.
    edited August 2007
    ThePaska;27881 said:
    Mine too, I almost don't care about any other songs at this point, I basically got my biggest wish, an entire Nirvana album to play.
    Is true, and nevermind is honestly the best choice they could have made. In utero is a better album IMO but not for rock band. Maybe incesticide would be my 2nd choice but that's technically just a bunch of b-sides and rarities. Nevermind, every song will be great to sing, guitar, bass and drum.
  • finsfanfinsfan Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Does anyone actually have any doubts that this will be THE GAME of the year ???? Hell even HALO 3 was jealous of the 4 player co-op feature!! ;) We are remodeling our house to make a play room for our kids and closing the garage as well.....little do they know it will become my room of ROCK!! ....If my wife lets me I mean. :/
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    finsfan;27893 said:
    We are remodeling our house to make a play room for our kids and closing the garage as well.....little do they know it will become my room of ROCK!! ....If my wife lets me I mean. :/
    Make (yes, MAKE :p ) her watch this episode of "Look What I Did" >> BASEMENT ARCADE. Its pretty kickass (I saw it). Man turns his basement into an arcade. Next airing looks like it will be August 17th.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Alright! Good Job Harmonix You Guys Deserved It.
  • Hade01Hade01 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Congratulations, Harmonix! Also, thanks for the announcements. "Nevermind" is going to be great to play.

I pray Hendrix makes it, though. Playing and singing his songs seems too good to pass up.