Musical Interest Sharing Thread

Seanyboy99Seanyboy99 Rising Star
edited February 2013 in General
ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT SONG REQUEST FORUMS 2.0

Welcome to the Musical Interest Sharing Thread (Read: Musical Interest Sharing Thread and Not Song Request Forums)

I wanted to create this thread so that people could share what artists / types of music / specific songs that they really like with one another, so that other people could maybe discover other types of music that they like and may have never found out about otherwise.

If I haven't already made it clear, THIS IS NOT SONG REQUEST FORUMS 2.0. The people you are addressing are your fellow forum goers. Pretend that Harmonix can not even see this thread. Any posts that even remotely resemble a song request (as in a, "This song would be great for DC!" or "They should put these songs!" type of post) will get your name put up on the "Wall of Shame" where err'body will point and laugh at you as you hang your head in shame.
Reserved... FOR YOU!!!!!

If you have any doubts at all that your post may look like a song request, then just put down a lists of songs / artists, etc.. that you were wanting to share, and don't include any other words. If you really want to request / suggest some songs for Dance Central, then skedaddle on over to the "Song Request Forums" please. It only takes two seconds.

So anywho,
Enjoy and Happy Musical Interest Sharing!

Comments

• Seanyboy99Seanyboy99 Rising Star
    edited October 2012
    Sorry for double posting, but going to go ahead and get the thread started.

I will start off by sharing Madeon! He is a DJ that has a different sound, but it is not dubstep. He has a few original songs, and a few remixes of popular songs by other artists. I really love the way he ends his songs too, for some reason. Below are a few of my favorites.

Original Songs
    The City (Probably my favorite favorite)
    Finale

Remixes
    Raise Your Weapon by Deadmau5
    Que Veux Tu by Yelle

Edit: Fun Fact: He is only like 16 (or something like that) too.
  • DCForever247DCForever247 Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    I have a couple of songs...

Grouplove- Tongue Tied

Oh and anything by ZEDD!!
  • genkirocketgenkirocket Opening Act
    edited October 2012
    Oh god, i have wayyyy too much music i want to share with the world lol.
    I doubt many of you have heard of any of these artists, but i recommend you google them immeadddddietly, you won't be disappointed.
    My taste is pretty varied, so im sure you'll all find something you like here.

Natalia Kills
    Dragonette
    Glasperlenspiel
    Bertie Blackman
    Zowie
    2:54
    The Vincent Black Shadow
    Sam Sparro
    Poe
    Sorry Boys
    Meg Myers
    Karin Park
    Iiris
    MAA
    Tigarah
    Ruby Frost
    Soap & Skin
    The Veronicas
    Madita
    Mala Rodriguez
    Nadia Oh
    Imani Coppola
    Santigold
    Lady sovereign
    Aural Vampire
    Bitter:Sweet
    Alpines
    Camille Jones
    Julie Thompson
    The Ropes
    Luciana
    Goldfrapp
    Jupiter Rising
    Katy Rose
    Sohodolls
    Zeigeist
    Little Jackie
    IAMX
    Foe
    Digital Daggers
    Electric Lady Lab
    Elsiane
    Ayaka Ikio
    Azealia Banks
    Euzen
    Her Majesty & The Wolves
    Kyla La Grange
    Ayah Marar
    edited December 2012
    So I downloaded one of those free "Tap Tap" Music game type apps off of iTunes, and I came upon a song that I liked. I did a little more research on the artist and actually discovered that I like pretty many of her songs. So now I am posting this here.

Miss Amani
    Who's On My Rocket?
    Turn The Party Up
    edited December 2012
    Something I stumbled upon today, and thought I would share.

Monstercat Media

Record Label / Youtube channel that has a lot of dance music by largely unknown artists. There are quite a few different artists and types of music they have. They have House, Electro, Dubstep, Trance, Drum & Bass and a couple of other types of music, so you may find something you like, no matter who you are.

My favorite discovery from there so far.
  • DCForever247DCForever247 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    On my Ipod, I pretty much just have mainstream songs on there.
    edited February 2013
    Just some random songs I felt like sharing.

Pressure

Man On The Run

Hey Sexy Lady (Not related to PSY at all)
    Just thought I would post this.

They are just too amazing not to share.
  • edited December 2014

Something I stumbled upon today, and thought I would share.

Monstercat Media

Record Label / Youtube channel that has a lot of dance music by largely unknown artists. There are quite a few different artists and types of music they have. They have House, Electro, Dubstep, Trance, Drum & Bass and a couple of other types of music, so you may find something you like, no matter who you are.

My favorite discovery from there so far.

Hehe, I am a listener to the Monstercat artists B)
    I quite like house, DnB and some of the Drumstep/dubstep songs on the Monstercat label.

But one of my great tastes are the house songs from deadmau5, which focus on the beat and small details in music, without going into a loud or catchy melody.
    "Strobe", "Brazil (Second edit)" or "Not Exactly" from deadmau5 are examples where music isn't overblown and rather makes you listen calmly and bob your head.