can I talk about my distaste for GH: Encore rocks the 80's here?

edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
because, seriously. nice cash and grab, guys. I spent 65 bucks on a game that shouldnt even be 40 bucks. thanks?

also, most of the covers are horrible, at least try when you're taking my money. thanks.

Comments

• edited July 2007
    I'm unhappy with them. alot of the covers are really poorly done.

either way, I spent way too much on a 30 dollar game, cool.
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Definatly too expensive. But I dont own it, I play it at a friend of mines.

What I find funny about the covers though, everyone thought I Wanna Rock was a cover, but they just re-recorded it, and it sounds like hell.
  • edited July 2007
    Dee Snyder cant sing, shocking stuff.

not really, though.
  • edited July 2007
  • ConsoleCoWBoYConsoleCoWBoY Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;27542 said:
    because, seriously. nice cash and grab, guys. I spent 65 bucks on a game that shouldnt even be 40 bucks. thanks?

also, most of the covers are horrible, at least try when you're taking my money. thanks.
    Really??? Where did you get it?... i got it online for $39.99.... :eek:

am i the only one who enjoyed the add-on?
  • no_direction_homeno_direction_home Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    i quite like it the covers aren't to bad and it has dio
    little bit on the expensive side though
  • Brad_LeeBrad_Lee Opening Act
    edited July 2007
    I enjoyed it. I didn't buy it though. Played through it at Best Buy start to finish... five starred every song first time through except for Play With Me... took 3 tries for that one.

Wrath Child, Only A Lad, and the one song with a bazillion 3 note chords were my favorite.
  • GARahnGARahn Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    Even as expensive as it was, I think that it's a great game. I mean, yeah, there are songs in it that are complete crap *cough*Only A Lad, We Got the Beat*cough* but I think this game had what GH2 didn't: fun solos. In GH the songs were fun/epic, but you couldn't even do the solos without having to strum/kill the entire solo. And GH2 had some solos, but not enough to appease my want for awesome solos. And GH80's was a breath of fresh air. Here's how I see Rocks the 80's: 1/3 of the songs - crap. 1/3 of the songs - good to listen to. 1/3 of the songs - fun as hell to play.
  • edited July 2007
    I got it for $50 and thought it was really fun. A bit pricey but worth it.
  • Jsnkr9216Jsnkr9216 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    You spent $65? Rofl, owned. It was worth all $50 to me.

And 80's is the best Guitar Hero game out so far.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Yeah! Come on! It wasn't that bad people.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I got it online for $50 and I got a free t-shirt. I really like it to, the more I play it, the more I love the songs. Some of the covers aren't as good as I would like, tbu the songs are awesome, I think the game was well worth it.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited August 2007
    $40 at Best Buy. Worth every penny.
  • TylerSalakTylerSalak Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;27542 said:

some covers may not have been good but a cover isnt supposed to sound exactly like the orig. recording.

i thought the game was awsome but a bit pricy for 30 songs.
    i spent 50 bucks on it a EB games.
  • Syko360Syko360 Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I got it for $40 at Best Buy. While it does suck compared to Guitar Hero 2 It is a good game on it's own but not worth any more than $30. It's worth $40 if your 360 is broken like mine though. ;)
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Again, mine was free. So no complaints here.

Had I paid for it (especially $65! Online scams I've seen don't even get that high!) I'd be...actually satisfied. Price is too high but as for quality you can't expect much from a mid-summer filler.

Like Beck said here it's half cash-in and half mediocore filler. Basically an expansion.

What'd you expect?
  • edited August 2007
    I dont know why all the blind love fanboys on here surprise me. but yeah, you guys dont have to all be happy drone bots, you're allowed to question ****.

the game was priced at $59.99, with GST it came to $63.59, about 33 dollars and 59 cents more than its worth. sorry, but even 40 bucks for 30 songs is a rip off. the game is a total cash and grab.
  • edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;28073 said:

Had I paid for it (especially $65! Online scams I've seen don't even get that high!) I'd be...actually satisfied. Price is too high but as for quality you can't expect much from a mid-summer filler.

Like Beck said here it's half cash-in and half mediocore filler. Basically an expansion.

What'd you expect?
    it wasnt an online scam, I'm Canadian.

if its an expansion it shouldnt be priced as highly as a full game, no question about it. in fact, I cant think of any PS2 games that are priced that highly anymore. so yeah, thanks for ripping off your customers, guys.

um...either an affordable filler game or something that at least had some sort of care put into it. the game is literally a lesser version of GHII. so basically, I expected to not get ripped off.
  • edited August 2007
    I wasn't that thrilled on the first pass, don't care for 80's songs either, but some of the songs have definately grown on me. I think that the GH franchise has such high standards that expectations for the expansion were too high.

The only things that really irk me:

* "the warrior" - fading out at the end

* "what I like about you" - everything about it, always hated that song

* Setlist skewed on the easy side - I'd love to have seen all of tier 1 removed and then replaced with a "harder" tier after Play With Me.

All in all, I think it's a nice bite-sized snack until GH3 and RB come out. (because lordy knows if GH2 DLC is coming)
  • edited August 2007
    no, expectations for the expansion werent too high. the price of the expansion was too high.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28321 said:
    no, expectations for the expansion werent too high. the price of the expansion was too high.
    It is true.. I gotta agree on that one. I didn't think it would be that great, i had low expectations actually for the songs but there were a lot of good surprises. The cost just pissed me off, 67 bucks for it was kind of unbelievable
  • edited August 2007
    Don't get me wrong, I like to play for fun.

but when you don't really enjoy half the songs and they are more boring than the first teir on easy of GH1/2.. no thanks.. it isn't fun.

but that's for me.

I would hardly call it the best one so far, but it all comes down to personal taste/preference
  • edited August 2007
    I already knew what songs were going to be in the game before I even played it. I assumed the game would be 40 dollars at the most and I was more than prepared to pay that much for it and walk away with a smile on my face. the only reason I spent so much on it is because I wanted new songs to play which the developers must have already known because they charged way too ****ing much for it knowing we'd all pay it. lame.

God of War II is about the same price and is way more worth your hard earned dollar.
  • edited August 2007
    bounchfx;28363 said:
    Don't get me wrong, I like to play for fun.

but when you don't really enjoy half the songs and they are more boring than the first teir on easy of GH1/2.. no thanks.. it isn't fun.

but that's for me.

I would hardly call it the best one so far, but it all comes down to personal taste/preference

man, good call about the song selection. half the songs are good and the other half are total **** songs that everyone on planet earth has forgotten about because they're terrible songs. the whole package feels forced, like it was spewed out as quickly as possible with no care or attention just to meet the summer demand.
  • benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Why did you buy it then? Every song in game was known, videos of every song were up almost before release, the price was always known.

You screwed yourself.
  • edited August 2007
    the price was always known, huh? bull****. when the press statement regarding expansions came out it claimed that there would be at least 5 expansions and they'd all be budget priced.
  • edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28367 said:
    the whole package feels forced, like it was spewed out as quickly as possible with no care or attention just to meet the summer demand.
    that's exactly what it is. They didn't really put any effort in, and it blatantly shows. Let the game be buried and never heard of again, please.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Agreed tenfold.
  • wwaballafoshoshowwaballafoshosho Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    i rented it at block buster and beat so yeah it was worth 8.76 and now the memory is on my memory card if the price ever drops and i decide to buy it
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Unless that game comes out as DLC i won't go anywhere near it. unless of course i find a friend who lets me borrow it.