Hip Hop Dance Experience

myintermailmyintermail Unsigned
edited December 2012 in General
Released on November 13. This game from Ubisoft looks like it is giving DC series a run for its money.

From the looks of it the music selection is great and choreography is pretty good, considering who did they hire for choreographing the moves.

Any takers to try it out?

Comments

• jacktruong97jacktruong97 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    Look At Me Now by Chris Brown featuring Lil' Wayne and Busta Rhymes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1r0Dqnp0U&feature=g-u-u
  • TheFanofJDCTheFanofJDC Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Ugh. I hope no argument start on this topic.

Anyway,Fantasia & AAD both have the game.

And the choreographers they hired were are Laurieann Gibson,Brooklyn Jai & Dave Scott.

I kinda sorta plan on getting it.
  • Muffle0Muffle0 Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    I wanna get that game the moves are rly good
  • Seanyboy99Seanyboy99 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    I would have to see a 3/5-5/5 dance (Since that one is only a 1/5 according to AverageAsianDude) before making my final judgement. In that one, though, I didn't really see anything that I haven't already seen (or at least haven't seen something similar to) in DC.
  • jacktruong97jacktruong97 Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I tried the game and it was so much better than i expected, but it's a little bit hard to see the coach moves with all the flashing lights in the venues.
  • SuperSonicRiderSuperSonicRider Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Here's some gameplay of "Me & U" by Cassie, a 3/5 level song.
  • Seanyboy99Seanyboy99 Rising Star
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm, it does look pretty good. It looks a lot better than the BEP Experience did, in my opinion. I may pick up a copy.

Edit: "Sexy & I Know It" (2/5) is up too, and... I don't like it much. I thought it was simpler than "Look At Me Now" despite being higher in difficulty. That, plus I thought it kinda lacked energy and was a little bit unexciting.

Edit 2: "Ignition (Remix)" (3/5) is up. It had a few cool moves, but overall I didn't really like the feel the routine had overall.
  • myintermailmyintermail Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I really like their song choices and the choreography, but I don't like their background. They are way too distracting and flashy compared to Just Dance and Dance Central.

and what's with the smoke/spark effects on the character's hands?
  • christianreneechristianrenee Unsigned
    edited November 2012
    I think Chris brown can do nice song and can be mixed with choreography :)
    edited November 2012
    and what's with the smoke/spark effects on the character's hands?

I haven't seen those or a full dance since I'm kinda leaning to get the game but IDK see why that's a bad thing. DC2 & DC3 have those effects on their hands when you're in peak mode.
    edited November 2012
    I haven't seen those or a full dance since I'm kinda leaning to get the game but IDK see why that's a bad thing. DC2 & DC3 have those effects on their hands when you're in peak mode.

Compared to the ribbon on the hands on DC, this one is much more distracting when they spark on almost every 4 counts. (I just notice it isn't just the hands, but on the feel as well)
  • genkirocketgenkirocket Opening Act
    edited November 2012
    Just bought the game other day. Much better then i thought it would be, but still eh. The soundtrack is (mostly) GREAT. The choreography is (mostly) GREAT. But overall, the game felt really sloppy to me.

I really dislike the presentation, and also hated the light spark effect things, they were sooooooo distracting.
    And the "power skooling" AKA break it down mode was really bad as well. It was beyond a pain to have to go back to the menu to select the next move, and the lack of recaps doesn't help much either, especially with the choreography so fast and intricate at times.

Also, the whole system of showing you the next move only 4 seconds before it appears is really crappy. The moves and routines are pretty tricky, and only having a few seconds to prepare for the next move had me stumbling through the routines way off beat my first times doing them. NEVER had that problem with DC, even for routines I suck and struggle at.

I definetely think its something that you can wait to buy till its inevitably discounted not too long from now, but i wouldn't say paying the full $40 is a ripoff, but I could live with just DC.
    edited November 2012
    Average Asian Dude dancing to "Wild Ones"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393A-DVltH0&list=UUukLwebrysQzQ3J9Z1qpGaQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Hmm... choreography is okay... but it seems like they just repeat the same move for every 4 bars, more or less like Just Dance but with harder moves. Now I see Dance Central usually pays attention to detail when it comes to choreography: they make some moves for musical pauses, slower parts, build ups and everything else.
  • daedaesungdaedaesung Unsigned
    edited December 2012
    I Agree, This game is really nice! It offers some character Customization too, thats one thing I really wanted in DC. The routines are pretty hard in a way, but they repeat a few times. AAD Also mentioned the break it down (or w/e u may call it) is not all that great.
    edited December 2012
    Compared to the ribbon on the hands on DC, this one is much more distracting when they spark on almost every 4 counts. (I just notice it isn't just the hands, but on the feel as well)

Feels weird to reply to like a 15 day old post but I find the ribbons to be a bit hard to see what the dancer is dancing to hand-wise.

But,I shall find out when I get the game if I get the game.
  • ZJ11197ZJ11197 Opening Act
    edited December 2012
    The game is Very fun! I own it I Cant stop preforming "Bad Girls" by MIA And "She wants to Move" by NERD The choreo is Amazingg! the moves are reallly hard in all the songs in the game ALso when you get it give "Moment for Life" a Try there are some awesome spins in it!
    edited January 2014
    Over a year later and I got the game. What made me not buy was the fear that I wouldn't think it would be a good game. Well, it pretty much is for me. I decided to buy it now cause there is a little 5-6 week break for JD2014 DLC and I figured this would keep me from getting bored for the 3 or so weeks left.

The choreo is outstanding. There are very few that are eh (I preferred DC's Wild Ones than this one) but the ones that weren't were beyond spectacular. (Moment 4 Life and Run It are some of my favorites)

As for difficulty, def. not a game for beginners. I tried some of the songs on Newbie and those themselves were pretty challenging. (Not so much for me because I already played the Go Hard ones for the songs I did do Newbie on but for a person who isn't that good at dance, it is pretty challenging)

The detection is basic. It's good enough. Nothing that should be really bothersome or anything.

The Power Skool mode is pretty mild. It just repeats the move over and over. I did like the beginning where they show it from different angles but it was confusing to figure out where the beginning of the move was especially when it came to the more harder ones. (Bang Bang move from Rapper's Delight is a perfect example) I also didn't like how there was pretty much no help. Even when you slowed it down it felt too fast to figure out. I did find the move selection screen to be cute though. (Just seeing the guy doing all the moves side by side was lol)

The graphics def. were distracting although for me I was fine with them except for when I did a new routine or a routine I've only done once and it blocked part of a move. For other people I can see this being too flashy for them.

I haven't done the other modes yet because I haven't done something with another person and I wanna finish all the songs before doing the Marathon mode.

I got the game for about 20 something dollars and it's def. worth it for that much. I'd say it's worth it for $30 dollars or less excluding tax and stuff. Any more and it's kinda asking for too much.
  • I guess I should add a few more things.

The Wardrobe section is pretty good. It's nice to dress up your avatar.

The repetition of the routines is in between BEP Experience and the DC series. It's not overly repetitive but verses of moves do repeat in some songs. In others there are new moves. Other times the same move repeats more than once. I was fine by this most of the time but there were some exceptions (There was one of the moves in Creep where it was really cool but it was repeated twice and I wish there was a new move after that to make it more cool. It was still fly nonetheless)
  • I hope they Another Experience Game
  • I agree! It's a nice game and i really enjoyed playing it..
    A bit hard at first but as you go on playing it, it's really fun!