Welcome to the brand new Harmonix Forums!

Hey gang!

Welcome to the new forums! If you were a member of the RockBand.com or DanceCentral.com forums, we've moved over all your posts and discussions into the new RB and DC subforums. We're excited about having this new forum software. Please have patience with us as we iron out little site-launch wrinkles. Let us know in this thread if you see any of those wrinkles.

The forums aren't the only new thing about our site! We've redesigned HarmonixMusic.com. Go check out the very first Harmonix blog post for more info.

Let us know what you think of the site!

-HMXchristine

Comments

• HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    THESE NEW FORUMS ARE PRETTY BALLERRRRRRR! WHEE! NICE WORK, EVERYONE!
    Also, unfair "FIRST" claimed!
  • HMXAbbyHMXAbby Harmonix Developer
    WOW! these forums are just breathtaking.
    ABIGAIL, I SALUTE YOU.
  • P cool site.

P cool.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    \o/
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    It's weird figuring out the forums again. Makes me feel like I did when I first joined.
  • Snazzy! Great work, y'all!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I'm withholding judgement until I figure out how it works, what's new and what's gone. I don't really care for the "gadgets" (like badges/goals, or the little like/lol/dislike buttons (just not my thing), but in general, the idea of a refresh can be cool, provided there's no big loss in what made the previous version fairly easy to use (like quoting posts, jumping to the first new post in a thread, etc.).
  • You spelled Harmonix wrong in the thread title...

Made ya look... :P
  • For sure prefer the yellow on Black over the aqua on black. Seems just a few forums got the aqua...
  • Looking good!
  • It'd be pretty cool if there was a way to combine more then one account to the Harmonix account on this website, seeing as I have RB3 on PS3, Wii, and Xbox, all the Dance Centrals, and will probably, over time, end up even getting Fantasia if it ever goes on sale under $25, mainly because HMX has to be one of the best companies ever. But I get the feeling combining the accounts isn't related to the forums in anyway, but related to the rockband.com site itself.

As for the forums itself, they're a lot easier on the eye and I think they're easier to navigate through. I might actually stay around here for a little while. I, personally, like it much more than the old forums.
  • It all looks pretty good.. biased opinion and all.. lol.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    I believe the question on everyone's mind is, was there a
    Flag -> You're Fired
    option created for @HMXJohnD ?

-Jaime
  • Similar to the Marvel Heroes forums, where I spend a lot of time, so that's pretty cool. They use an Awesome flag instead of Like, though.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited December 2013
    Where's the freakin' logout button?

Edit: Found it. Sheesh, that's not very intuitive.
  • I actually like the new Harmonix forums design but what happened to the polls discussion?
  • Suggestion: Bring back "latest reply" in subforum selection so we can see when the last post was. I actually really liked that feature even if I didn't necessarily look at the latest replied thread (I'm not a WAYDRNer, but it was nice to know people were still doing things and talking about them).
  • I miss the ability to see which of your "participated" threads had new posts (as opposed to every new post in the history of ever ever ever) and to click on a little symbol of any sort and jump right to the unread posts.
  • I miss the ability to see which of your "participated" threads had new posts (as opposed to every new post in the history of ever ever ever) and to click on a little symbol of any sort and jump right to the unread posts.
    Well, as far as I can tell, you get an "unread" notification if you've participated in a thread, and when you click on it you go directly to the first unread post anyway! Which is pretty neat.

Some other observations:
    1. #hashtags? I don't know how well that'll end up.
    2. When you imported the old forums over, there were some problems importing non-Unicode characters, so posts talking about someone's fiancée would end up getting cut off at "fianc" and you miss out on the rest of the post.
    3. Thank you for the randomly selected, non-creepy avatars for users who haven't made one otherwise! That blue skull with hearts for eyes always disturbed me, enough that I used Adblock to get rid of them.
    4. Autosave function. Very nifty and helpful!
  • Not digging the main font. The letters are too close together and a color that for some reason isn't easy on the eyes. Nothing wrong with some lower case either.
  • Well, as far as I can tell, you get an "unread" notification if you've participated in a thread, and when you click on it you go directly to the first unread post anyway! Which is pretty neat.
    It looks more like you get twenty "unread" notifications and good luck finding the "first" one.
  • Like the new look! Hopefully other stuff from the RB forums (leaderboards, song finder) will migrate over here at some point.
  • TheParkerBros360TheParkerBros360 Unsigned
    edited December 2013
    Love the new site.

Improvments:
    1. Better font (esspecially for thread titles).
    2. Where is the quote button to auto quote a user? Also maybe a multi-quote button would be nice.
    3. Borders around posts. Everything seems to meld into one post.
    4. Most thumbnails look pixelated despite using a large original picture. Not sure why.

Everything except #2 should be really easy fixes.

Thanks for the time and effort put into this new forum!
  • T.P.B. Wrote:
    2. Where is the quote button to auto quote a user? Also maybe a multi-quote button would be nice.
    Its not automatic but the code is under the backward P icon, or whatever that is.
  • HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the feedback. We're listening to all of it and will be making changes to continue to improve the new forums as soon as we can.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the site and let us know what you think!
  • Forums look awesome! Can't wait to see them filled up with posts!
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    @brookfieldworldorder it seems the song finder is still working at rockband.com/songs if you need it.

@Doc_Socal
    Its not automatic but the code is under the backward P icon, or whatever that is.
    The backwards P is called a pilcrow, also known as the "Paragraph symbol", used as an in-text referencing tool, so I guess it makes some sense for quotes to be listed under that.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    That blue skull with hearts for eyes always disturbed me, enough that I used Adblock to get rid of them.
    It's what I was used to seeing, so I changed mine back to it :) No offense intended, LOL