Welcome to the brand new Harmonix Forums!

Comments

• AUGH.
  • Also, will the Rock Band Support forums go public at any point?
  • Also also, I started a draft in a thread a couple of days ago on one computer, and logged in from another computer today and found that draft at the ready. You people are magical geniuses.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 2014
    Out of curiosity, do posts flagged as spam or abuse get highlighted by mods? There are a couple of spam posts (one in this very forum) that have been floating around for a while. (I know, it's the holiday season, but I figure there are still mods floating around, right?)

Also also also, when do view counts update?
  • weirdphilweirdphil Road Warrior
    edited January 2014
    Dang, this is fancy now. The old forums reminded me too much of the old Gameshark forums, and IGN and all those. And this one saves drafts of our posts too. :o
  • OSweetMrMathOSweetMrMath Road Warrior
    The "Code" style in the Format menu results in white text on a yellow background. Please change this to more readable colors. Thanks.
  • Again, how does spam flagging work? Does it send a red ball to the mods, or is it there mostly just as something people can click on as feedback as a track record thing? I ask because there's at least one other thread that's been around since December in a sub-subforum, as well as a spambot populating the rest of the RB forum right now.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    I think I see the posts your talking about. One of them had 4 spam flags, and when I marked it as well, the post disappeared and a message popped up saying the discussion has been removed for moderation. So, it seems like when it gets 5 spam ratings is when action is taken. Most of the other posts by the same guy only had 1 other spam flag, so I added the second to all of the ones I came across too.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited January 2014
    These forums rock when viewed on a mobile, so a big thanks on that!
    Shame the forums style sucks on a PC. No indication of the last post from the menu and this stupid forced width limit thing again! It's like a page from the 90s with frames :( Do people still use 800x1024 monitors?
    I like the colours, but will probably end up only viewing this place on my phone (due to the layout) which means I will not post messages as I hate typing stuff out on a touchscreen.

What's the purpose of only allowing 1hr edits? Is there a real life reason that prevents people from editing text over an hour later?

BTW: Why Cancel/Save on the edit buttons? I've hit cancel twice now because all other forums I've visited is Post/Cancel. Maybe make the Cancel button red ;)
  • I'm kind of mixed on the actual features (or lack thereof), but I really like having one big message board for all the Harmonix games.
  • Well, if the mods would make a cursory glance through, they'd notice another spam post that showed up a couple of days ago as well, in this here forum. >_>
  • FaceFace Unsigned
    Nice new digs. Ive been a lurker off and on. New shape of things like #chroma really kicked me into submitting though.
  • agentnncagentnnc Road Warrior
    It's been a while since I've logged in. It's sad to think that the last Rock Band DLC was nearly a year ago. Oh well, a new look for a new era, and this look is amazing. Nice going guys.
  • DominusVitaDominusVita Unsigned
    edited February 2014
    I share the voicing of those in love with the new visual style - it feels far more accessible, organized, and a bit more contemporary than the previous iteration. I haven't spent enough time with any new features(though I noticed a few having a GIFgasm), but I'll let you know if anything does/doesn't work well.

It's good to be back, that much is clear.
  • Holy cow, these forums are still alive! In all honesty, this is the first time I've scrolled down past all the threads marked "Announcement" on the "New Posts" page, and discovered a lot more threads are still active. I was used to the old forums where the "new posts" page ordered threads by most recent post, regardless of whether a thread was stickied.

I wonder, would be possible to go back to that sorting method? A lot of these stickied threads haven't been posted to in months.
  • Um... mobile kinda sucks on here (to me at least). It obviously has a "mobile-friendly" version, but the mobile version doesn't have the same dark blue/teal HMX skinning, and more importantly seems to utterly lack a forum (category) listing -- "home" takes me to some sort of "recent threads" list. The only way I can seem to find my way into a forum of my choosing is to go into my profile and look for a post I've already made there.

It seems I can manually browse to http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/categories/ to get what I want, but that shouldn't be necessary. "Home" should take me there, then THAT page should have a link to "recent posts" if I'm so inclined to look at those.

FYI I'm using Chrome mobile 33.0.1750.136 on Android 4.3.1 (CyanogenMod 10.2.1).
  • Just noticed a typo in Edit Profile -> Notification Preferences: It should be "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in," not "discissions."
  • HARMONIX ARE YOU GOING TO TELL YOUR FANS THERE ARE NO ALPHA KEYS FOR CHROMA OR ARE YOU GOING TO DECIVE THEM WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO YOU
  • Looks awesome, im here for Chroma. I'm excited to build this community, and get this show on the road!
  • fakeplasticrockfakeplasticrock Unsigned
    edited May 2014
    The new forums look great :smiley:

• yeah i def agree. this place is going to be great.
  • I couldn't find a good place to talk about (or send suggestions for) the forums, so I thought I'd tack my requests onto this thread.
    1. Please allow setting (or selecting) color schemes. The white on black is uncomfortable for me to read, and after a while it gets more difficult to read due to the afterimages. I'm using the Stylish add-on to work around this.
    2. I couldn't find a way to get notifications for a forum (e.g., the Rock Band > Announcements forum). I'm pretty sure I was able to do this on the old forums.
    3. I may have missed it, but I couldn't find anything that describes the forum controls. What does bookmarking a thread do? Just let you find it again? Get notifications of updates?