Things that make you smile

Yesterday I was wading through traffic, when I saw a guy riding a tricked out chopper. He was dressed from head to toe in "leathers", sported a "skull" bandana on his head, and looked like a pretty "bad a**. It wasn't until I pulled alongside him, that I noticed the little stuffed gorilla he had riding on his handle bars. This made me smile.

Life is too short....what has made you smile lately?

Comments

• Your post in "Im Amazing/I Suck" made me smile today.
    Well said!
  • When my Daughter's friend and I gold starred as band last night.
  • When I do huge, huge paintings I always put some tiny joke inside. Like on an 8 x 6 foot painting I have a 1 inch square that reads "If you can read this you're too close". Stupid little jokes I know 99.9 percent of the people that look at will never see make me smile uncontrollably.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    Come up and see me.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited January 2014
    Once I was at the mall and watched a little kid try to run up the down side of an escalator. The kid was around eight and had to run twice as fast to make any headway on the descending steps. By the top half he was in a full sprint and his arms were swinging wildly as his legs were in a flurry.

Then about three steps from the top his legs gave out, he fell to a knee, and slowly rode back down in complete defeat.

I smiled big time over that.

(Yes, I know I'm essentially this guy)

• bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited January 2014
    Hey @lawdog1521, here's a story you'll get a chuckle out of.

Overheard at a pub during the London Olympics closing ceremonies, when they were projecting Freddy Mercury: "Is that ... Borat?"
  • As long as the Uncle was no where to be seen.
  • SenseiLeRoofSenseiLeRoof Road Warrior
    TableTop's new gag reel. Okay, it was more make me laugh than just smile, but come on! TableTop is awesome!
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    My baby brother and I played RB last night. I was on drums. He was playing along on his" real" guitar with his amp turned up so loud I was barely able to hear the songs. He kept leaning in to play along with me, as if we were a real band doing a concert. lol.... so much so that he sometimes blocked my view of the note highway. We had so much fun, that even though we had played several hours, he kept saying " just one more song sis" ....come on, just one more for the road.... then we'd play one more, then he'd say it again....just one more song...please...just one more. We did this a number of times. Our finale song was radar love. Last night made me smile. :)
  • That's awesome! I love it so much when someone just keeps on saying "one more, one more." You know that "one more" is a given with me. I smiled when I looked on my porch Saturday and saw my new headphones had arrived from Sennheiser.
  • 500 rounds of 5.56 ammo shipped for free by mistake.

Woot!
  • This happened a few weeks ago, but it's something that made me super excited and happy and it's RB-related. I was able to get in contact with one of my old RB2 buddies through YT who I haven't played with in quite a long time. I'm glad I made the effort to track them down because now there's a good possibility that we'll be able to jam once again soon. And that really made my day to say the least and made me smile from ear to ear. Heck I'm still smiling about the prospect of playing RB3 with them in the near future, so I couldn't be happier about that. :)
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Sunny Seattle days. Rare, but worth it.
    edited April 2014
    My music studio, Black Dog Studios, is coming along nicely. I had a grand opening a few weeks ago and it was a success. Live music, music games (of which Rock Band took center stage), hot links and burgers, and lots of booze. i'll get around to posting the before and after pictures here one of these days.

A special shout out goes to my decor supplier in SOCAL. Fire off a few 5.56 round for me! (Not at me!)
  • SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    Sounds awesome. I need to see those pictures ASAP.
  • Jellybeans.

:)
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    At work this morning there was a chocolate egg on my desk, and I thought "oh, someone's handing out early Easter gifts".

It wasn't until my morning stand-up meeting that I realized we have the day off tomorrow, after someone else mentioned it. That made me smile :)
    I saw a bumper sticker today that said, " Girls kill zombies too".
    I had to smile at that :)
  • My sister has three kids ages 8, 6 and 3. The 8 year-old asked her what her favorite hobby was. And then he quickly added, "And sleeping doesn't count as a hobby, mom." I laughed.
  • My Daughter just went to work for Whole Foods. I took a look at the new employee benefits and programs package. WOW! I wished I worked there. Her drive to find a good company and go get it attitude makes me smile, REAL BIG!
  • Spending Easter with some of my family made me smile quite a bit. It was a really nice day to say the least. :)
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Spending two weeks in Paris made me smile. A lot.
    There's a place in France where the ladies wear no pants...
    It's been a sucky week because of having my foot all bandaged and splinted up. ( horses and flip flops not a good combination.) So after going to the Dr, I stopped at IN & OUT burgers and got the most wonderful burger, smothered with grilled onions, and a side of french fries cooked to perfection, and an ice cold coke. I sat in my car eating my burger, enjoying the sunshine, the beautiful weather, and a great Rockband radio station, that literally made my heart sing. I realized how wonderful some of the simplest things in life really are...that, or I've just been caged up far too long. : D
  • Dadasaurus RexDadasaurus Rex Rawwwwwwr!
    edited October 2014
    rkbdgurl said:

It's been a sucky week because of having my foot all bandaged and splinted up. ( horses and flip flops not a good combination.) So after going to the Dr, I stopped at IN & OUT burgers and got the most wonderful burger, smothered with grilled onions, and a side of french fries cooked to perfection, and an ice cold coke. I sat in my car eating my burger, enjoying the sunshine, the beautiful weather, and a great Rockband radio station, that literally made my heart sing. I realized how wonderful some of the simplest things in life really are...that, or I've just been caged up far too long. : D

The simple things are what is important. Sounds like you found a little slice of heaven at IN & OUT.
    This post made me smile

• rkbdgurl said:

I've always wanted to try In-N-Out after hearing how good it is from a few people. That's awesome though you were able to enjoy it in great weather while listening to some cool music. Hope your recovery goes very well and your able to get back on the kit sooner than later. :)

Stitches come out tuesday...Woot!
    edited March 2015
    I was following a Jeep today when I noticed the Wheel cover "Zombie Outbreak Response Team" Glad someones on the ball out there. :]
    There's a real club of people that do that. The idea is they can help with real disasters while doing the zombie role playing.

I don't need a zombie protection group, that's what my Glock is for. :p
  • Uncle Kracker bruther