Classic Music Request

It would be awesome to play the following classic musics:

1. Vivaldi Summer 3rd Movement
2. New World Symphony - 4th Movement
3. Night on Bald Mountain

I'm sure Night on Bald Mountain is already in the game but it would be really nice to see the two others as well :D.

Comments

• Night on Bald Mountain has been announced for the game! Thanks for sharing.
  • Andrew Lloyd Webber
    John Williams
    Gershwin (seems like a natural fit given the game is Fantasia and all)

Plus not a fan, but Souza would work very well with the gameplay.
  • Beethoven's 5th
    Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (the Haunted house music).
    The Sorcerer's Apprentice (the music)
  • Stravinsky: Firebird Suite
    Ravel: Daphnis & Chloe Suite no. 2
    Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue
    Saint-Saëns: Carnival of the Animals
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    like in my other post cannon on D
  • drschmittydrschmitty Unsigned
    edited November 2014
    Sing with a Swing would be fun, too! Also, any of the music from Sleeping Beauty
  • Faure, like maybe something from Requiem, or Debussey, like Claire de Lune or one of his dance pieces like Jeux, would be super fun. Also something from a modern writer like Ludovico Einaudi would be great, thinking his Primavera would be great.

I would also like to see more movie instrumental soundtracks, even stuff used in movies but not necessarily written for them. Also sprach Zarathustra comes to mind specifically though others like Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, Orff's O Fortuna, Offenbach's Infernal Gallop, and Beethoven's Ode to Joy are all excellent candidates. I also think Disney's catalog gas some great winners for movie soundtracks that have nothing to do with their animated movies. Movies in the Lucasfilm library like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Willow, Flight of the Navigator, are written by giants in the industry and would be fantastic thematic material. There are so many great mixes of stuff like this by Lindsey Sterling as well as a Capella remixes of classic movie works.

It would also be great to see video game music get some love as well. With the Video Games Live concert series among others, it would be cool to have orchestral versions with remixes in original 8 or 16-bit music and some sort of electronic mix.

On a side note, I would also be interested in DLC that would expand the realms in the game with new realms to incorporate new music rather than just having it as accessible from the library.
  • We adore this game. It is so inspired, beautiful and relaxing. We love to play with our twins front-facing in the carrier. The boys love it ! :-)
    But the musical selection is disappointing to say the least. Plus, it does not fit the "story" either. Sure ! You're a wizard controlling the forces of the universe and the music of the universe is Lordes ??? Really ? Don't get me wrong, Royals is a cute song but come on ! There is nothing majestic about most pop songs. (pun intended)

Talk about dating your game, instead of trying to create an epic masterpiece! They should have thought more carefully about the song choices ad only choose iconic pop songs, not just whatever dredge is playing on the radio at the time ! Ugh !

There is no Beethoven, Seriously? Beethoven is perfect for this game. Only one Mozart melody, not even a symphony. Come on ! For 30 bucks, I expected a bit more real music. Especially since it is based on Fantasia (did the Fantasia cartoon contain pop song from the forties? ;-) Plus they REPEAT songs !!! What ? "More remixes to unlock!" Please! How lazy are these developers ?

For the pop stuff, they would need to include not only iconic "masterpiece" pop songs but also more epic songs (Bohemian Rhapsody is a good start, but some Meatloaf, Pink Floyd, or Bonnie Tyler, you know the really dramatic stuff)

But definitely, they need to include much more classical music (Beethoven, much more Mozart, much more Bach, Liszt, Vivaldi, Chopin, etc. In fact, there is no excuse for not having a complete classical library (and even to be able to play a classical only version of the game) Seriously, it takes away from the experience to have to play to a song by M.I.A. Come on !
    Also, if they include more classical music it becomes an educational game. For now, it is an amazing game, but I don't think that Gorillaz or Niki Minaj will expand my children's appreciation of music.
  • edited January 2015
    In fact, if they really wanted to sell the "story" of magic controlling the music of the universe, they should include classical and folklorique music from across the world (every country every culture) in order to make it sort of a musical education voyage. It is unfortunate that they chose to go the pop route instead of making a game that could truly be a great musical education tool.

Perhaps they could come out with a more legitimately musical version of the game in Fantasia 2?