Help Me Clarify...

XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
A friend and I are in debate.

Is the star rating in GH percentage hit based or score based?

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    ^ lol fail

It is 100% score based.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;28382 said:
    A friend and I are in debate.

Is the star rating in GH percentage hit based or score based?
    It goes by score. Trust me. Check score hero and you'll see cutoffs are based on single points [i.e. 200000 is 4 stars, 200001 is 5 stars]

It's not amount of notes hit like buddy just said.
  • edited August 2007
    I dont know, I've noticed that if I play a song perfect and **** up once it usually gives me a 100 percent rating. just did that for me while I was playing 18 and Life (they totally should have picked Youth Gone Wild, but whatever). I hit the strum bar in the middle of a hold because I wasnt thinking and it even made that "you screwed up" noise and still gave me 100%. so who knows anymore.

thats actually something I noticed being a common thing in GHII.
    edited August 2007
    That has nothing to do with what he is asking
  • Mr_BonesMr_Bones Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    it hast 2 be note based...u could have 150k points on free bird...which isnt hard 2 get and olny hit aboot...75-80% of the notes...and u would get a 3 or 4 star
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28399 said:
    it hast 2 be note based...u could have 150k points on free bird...which isnt hard 2 get and olny hit aboot...75-80% of the notes...and u would get a 3 or 4 star
    exactly.....because a 5 star is wayyyyyy more that 150k points
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28394 said:
    I dont know, I've noticed that if I play a song perfect and **** up once it usually gives me a 100 percent rating. just did that for me while I was playing 18 and Life (they totally should have picked Youth Gone Wild, but whatever). I hit the strum bar in the middle of a hold because I wasnt thinking and it even made that "you screwed up" noise and still gave me 100%. so who knows anymore.

thats actually something I noticed being a common thing in GHII.
    thats because youre still hitting 100 percent of the notes, you just bunk up your streak.
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28399 said:
    No.. it isnt. scorehero.com and go to cutoff points and theres your confirmation of it being 100 percent score based.
    edited August 2007
    o ur real kool tell some 1 2 f-off online...i mean i can do that 2...just becuz i think its note based and u dont doesnt mean u can get all pised off at me
  • edited August 2007
    Eman311;28395 said:
    That has nothing to do with what he is asking
    cool, at least what I said wasnt wrong.
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28407 said:
    o ur real kool tell some 1 2 f-off online...i mean i can do that 2...just becuz i think its note based and u dont doesnt mean u can get all pised off at me
    lol he was referring to me
  • edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28407 said:

a.) it wasnt directed at you, so stop your bitching.

b.) its since been deleted because it was pointless on my part leaving such a simple message.

so buck up, man.
    edited August 2007
    im sorry man i just cant believe that scorehero thing...and plus it goes up 2 9 stars when the game only goes up 2 5 stars
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28408 said:
    cool, at least what I said wasnt wrong.
    this is true :D just out of context

and lol at that name being allowed
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28412 said:
    im sorry man i just cant believe that scorehero thing...and plus it goes up 2 9 stars when the game only goes up 2 5 stars
    thats just for site use because some players out there are way past 5 stars
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28412 said:
    Because they have their own ranking system that bases it all the way up to full combos.

Why are you arguing.. you're wrong, stop acting otherwise
  • edited August 2007
    meh, its just a word, dude. its in the dictionary so it souldnt even be censored, but if they want to ban me because I hate metalcore than so be it, I'll come back with a new name that doesnt offend pansies.

censorship angers me, just for future reference.
    edited August 2007
    i didnt say that it was directed at me...im just saying...that anyway can trash talk online...it doesnt take smoe bad a$$ 2 do it
    edited August 2007
    Ihate****tyMetalcore;28417 said:
    meh, its just a word, dude. its in the dictionary so it souldnt even be censored, but if they want to ban me because I hate metalcore than so be it, I'll come back with a new name that doesnt offend pansies.

censorship angers me, just for future reference.
    whoa thats weird.......it was censoring it out before but not now.

i personally don't care, i just find it pretty damn funny
    edited August 2007

K, that good enough for you, 1 point difference = 5 stars.

P.S. look at the eprcentages. Lower percentage on the 5 star one.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Okay I just played Iron Man and got 94% and 5 starred it easy. score was in the 200k range I think. Now I play Take Me Out, get 97%, and get a too-bad-so-sad 4 stars wit a 150k range.

The proof is in the scoreboard.
    edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;28424 said:
    Okay I just played Iron Man and got 94% and 5 starred it easy. score was in the 200k range I think. Now I play Take Me Out, get 97%, and get a too-bad-so-sad 4 stars wit a 150k range.

The proof is in the scoreboard.
    They all have different cutoffs for 5 stars too that are based on the amounts of notes in the song. You have the abliity to get more points in longer or harder songs or songs with more chords, so you MUST get more points to 5 star it.
    edited August 2007
    That is some undeniable proof right there. nice job lithium
  • edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;28419 said:
    i didnt say that it was directed at me...im just saying...that anyway can trash talk online...it doesnt take smoe bad a$$ 2 do it
    I'm not trying to be a "badass," like online, in my everyday life I will tell anyone to **** off. it isnt like I'm living out some action movie fantasy from behind the keyboard, I'm just a direct guy in general.
  • GARahnGARahn Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I remember reading about something that says that your star rating actually depends on what your total note multiplier is. In order for a 5-star rating, you're supposed to reach a minimum of at least 2.9. And obviously, given a certain multiplier, and depending on how many notes you hit, will determine your score. But whether or not it's actually correct, is beyond me. I think that score does have a major part in whether or not you get 5 stars, but that note multiplier shpeel also makes sense.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Oh My God!

I can't believe how long this thread is going on for.

All this thread should have been was

"What determines a five star? Points or Notes hit??"

(Next Post)"Its points, and I know this because I'm not retarded"

(Mod)"O sweet, problem solved!!!" **Thread locked**
  • edited August 2007
    really, why was this thread made. what has dictated points from day one of videogames?
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;28390 said:
    ^ lol fail

It is 100% score based.
    QFT. What stars you get 3*, 4*, 5*, etc...is all about how big of a score you get, now of course you aren't going to get as big of a score if you don't hit a lot of notes, you could hit 100% of the notes, but if you constantly mess up and keep a 1x multiplyer then you could 3 star the song still.

This thread should have died a while ago :p
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    It is in the winter of its life. It can only live so much longer...