Site Issues

slugma123slugma123 Unsigned
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Is anybody else having trouble logging into the site? When I log in it says the log in was successful, but then sends me to a page that claims I have to "log in to access this page". Obviously, the site has let me post on the forums, but I cannot send pm's or go to member only areas of the site. I would have just sent this to the community manager, but as I said I can't send personal messages.

Comments

• lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    slugma123;28470 said:
    Is anybody else having trouble logging into the site? When I log in it says the log in was successful, but then sends me to a page that claims I have to "log in to access this page". Obviously, the site has let me post on the forums, but I cannot send pm's or go to member only areas of the site. I would have just sent this to the community manager, but as I said I can't send personal messages.
    Occasionally I get 'cannot set the session for your login' and its like i'm half logged into the site.. doesnt show me pms but I can post. And that's only at work. Same thing you're taling about has happened to me at work too, its intermittent.
  • slugma123slugma123 Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Do you do anything to fix it, or does it just go away? It's been like this for a day or two now.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    slugma123;28557 said:
    Do you do anything to fix it, or does it just go away? It's been like this for a day or two now.
    I assumed my probs were cause by our internal servers blocking it and stuff.. It seems to go away but i still have that 'cannot set the session for your login' crap.
    edited August 2007
    Well, theres no proxys or anything to block it at my house. Perhaps the site it just having trouble.
  • cezar515cezar515 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    See if you have some sort of cookie blocker on and if you do try turning it off because whenever I am at my cousin's house I have that same exact problem (I am actually typing this on their computer) but when I am at home it works fine.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I have it set so that it remembers my name and password, so I never have problems logging in.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I havent hasd one problem with this forum. ever.
  • edited August 2007
    After I send PM's or add friends or whatever, I often get redirected to the wrong page, or a blank page.

And sometimes when i reply to PM's i'll click reply and it'll say "your message has been sent" before i even have a chance to type anything in.

No major problems though
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I still can't Edit My Avatar, no matter one computer I'm on. I've tried it at work, at home, my gf's computer, etc. I made a post asking about it a while ago.

Sean just gave the default response, "We recognize this problem, and are doing our best to fix it" or whatever. And I can't send PM's either, so I don't wanna make more threads asking them to fix it. And, I've established myself here well enough, I don't want to start over with a new username either.

I'll just have to live with the fact that I'll never have a pic above my name :(
  • edited August 2007
    Hey Mrty,

If I deleted you and you could sign up again with the same username would you be ok with that?
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Do I keep my Senior Member status? :)

EDIT: It's probably not possible. I don't know. I'd rather keep my status as is, than lose it just so I can have a picture. No big deal.

Thanks though Sean.
    edited August 2007
    Well, I guess I'll just have to live with it. I don't really care, as long as I can post and the problem is not my computer.
  • edited August 2007
    So I'm NOT the only one that lost their avatar?
  • Bakkster_ManBakkster_Man Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I've been having the same problem with that. I never received a confirmation e-mail to confirm my signup. I can receive notification e-mails to subscribed threads, but I can't sign-in "fully" or even have my password e-mailed to me.