Official Modest Mouse DLC Thread

jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
edited March 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
There have been many threads about this but none have really taken off, so I figured it was time to start an official thread in honor of this one simple Rock Band truth:

image

Modest Mouse needs to be added as DLC!

Seriously, if I was a HMX developer and starting a tracklist from scratch, Modest Mouse would without question be my first choice of bands from '00's. They're not even my favorite band or anything (although I do love their music), they are just simply perfect for the game.

The most clear testament to how great they are for Rock Band is that diehard fans will always request different songs. Why? Because so many of them work for the game.

If most bands have five or six great songs for Rock Band, Modest Mouse literally has five or six ALBUMS. Their guitar riffs are catching, their songs have phenomenal vocal melodies and their drums parts are great. Always.

Not to mention their last two albums have been platinum hits in the US and both "Dashboard" and "Float On" were huge radio hits (please don't turn this into an anti-new stuff thread, as the music is still great regardless of the stardom).

All that said, I'll start it off with some of my choices (excluding the obvious Dashboard, Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty):

Paper Thin Walls
Trailer Trash
3rd Planet / Gravity Rides Everything (both are slow and not ideal, but what a great start to a GREAT album)
Never Ending Math Equation
Talking **** about a Beautiful Sunset
Polar Opposites
Dramamine
Lounge (Closing Time)

If you agree with me and think Modest Mouse would be perfect for Rock Band, please join the thread and voice your opinion!

Comments

  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited January 2008
    I've seen a few Modest Mouse threads here, but I'll say it again.

    I would love World At Large and Float On.
  • CrossBonesStyleCrossBonesStyle Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    i stated it in an earlier modest mouse thread and ill say it again, big thumbs up to "Never Ending Math Equation"
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I'm pretty sure my signature speaks for itself. I'm reserving this post for later use. I plan on breaking down the "why" of each of the songs that I believe would work for Rock Band.

    This being the official thread and all, I figure it's the best place to do it! Thanks for making it official. I've posted in all the other Modest Mouse threads I've seen pop up, but you're right, they don't really last long for some reason.
  • LeftyLefty Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Float On NEEDS to be in Rock Band. It's my favorite Modest Mouse song ever.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    pmpboarder, can't wait to read it! I did the same thing for Phish and it was intense to say the least. Was debating doing one for Modest Mouse also, but I'll leave that to you. Be careful though with only one post spot held, my Phish one took up three!

    The craziest thing about Modest Mouse is that immediately after posting my list my itunes shuffled to "Dark Center of the Universe" which I regretted not listing because it would also be amazing. Unfortunately, Isaac sure loves the f-word.

    Haha and now on cue, "Sytrofoam Boots/It's All Nice on Ice, Alright" plays. The end of that tune would be seriously epic.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    jr174200;276501 said:
    pmpboarder, can't wait to read it! I did the same thing for Phish and it was intense to say the least. Was debating doing one for Modest Mouse also, but I'll leave that to you. Be careful though with only one post spot held, my Phish one took up three!

    The craziest thing about Modest Mouse is that immediately after posting my list my itunes shuffled to "Dark Center of the Universe" which I regretted not listing because it would also be amazing. Unfortunately, Isaac sure loves the f-word.

    Haha and now on cue, "Sytrofoam Boots/It's All Nice on Ice, Alright" plays. The end of that tune would be seriously epic.
    Yikes, I just realized one post definitely wouldn't be enough for that. Do you mind if I make a separate topic but link back to this one? Sort of like an "Official Branching Modest Mouse DLC Thread"? I mean, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, so I'll let that be your call.

    Also, I really liked the thing you did with Phish. So much so that I'm now doing the same thing with CAKE!
  • RubiksphereRubiksphere Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    They should put on some songs from The Lonesome Crowded West. Lot of great Mouse songs from that albums.
  • jr174200jr174200 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    pmpboarder;276611 said:
    Yikes, I just realized one post definitely wouldn't be enough for that. Do you mind if I make a separate topic but link back to this one? Sort of like an "Official Branching Modest Mouse DLC Thread"? I mean, I don't want to steal your thunder or anything, so I'll let that be your call.

    Also, I really liked the thing you did with Phish. So much so that I'm now doing the same thing with CAKE!
    Feel free to make a new official thread if you want, I honestly only made it because you recommended it in the other thread. Anything to bring them to the forefront of the board is a good thing to me :D

    While I never got that into Cake, my buddy who used to do Phish tour with me loved them, so all power to you!
  • Inca586Inca586 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, Modest Mouse would a welcome addition in my book. Dramamine would definitly be my favorite.
  • VriessVriess Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Definitely need Modest Mouse, there is quite a bit off of Sad Sappy Sucker that would fit, but for more recent releases, Dashboard would be a blast in 4-player BWT mode.
  • pontiacpontiac Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I suggested this in another thread but Ocean Breathes Salty would be my pick. In fact that ENTIRE album could go on and I'd get it.
  • TigerbotTigerbot Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    I've wanted Modest Mouse in Rock Band since I first heard about Rock Band...

    Oh, and Doin' the Cockroach would be awesome...So would Heart Cooks Brain...And Third Planet would be amazing...And so would...Well...I could just copy my itunes playlist on here, but I think you get the point...
  • dudemann14dudemann14 Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    I totally agree. i think modest mouse should be DLC. hope harmonix listens.
  • RockingJoeRockingJoe Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Yes!!!! Great Thread Make It Happen!!!!!
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    yes, i've been waiting for some modest mouse too!!! they're by far my favorite band and they have so many songs that would work beautifully in this game, old and new.

    here would be some of my choices...

    heart cooks brain
    edit the sad parts <--- yes... oh yes.
    trailer trash
    march into the sea
    the view
    interstate 8
    polar opposites
    tiny cities made of ashes (how has nobody mentioned that??)
    fly trapped in a jar
    invisible
    education
    breakthrough


    ...sorry for the big list... haha just trying to think of the other ones that would play well off the top of my head.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    jensutton;281852 said:
    tiny cities made of ashes (how has nobody mentioned that??)
    I have! Not in this thread, yet. But somewhere in these boards, I know I've mentioned it a few times. Haha, not that I expect you to check everywhere first. We encourage duplicate recommendations of songs! That's the only way to see which ones are truly sought after but the fans.

    I'm currently working on my ultimate CAKE thread (see signature), which is why I haven't made a hu-normous post in this thread. Also, jr174200 gave me permission to hijack his thread, since I so naively only reserved one post, and found out too late that it'll take somewhere closer to 10 posts. I mean, Modest Mouse has twice as many songs as CAKE does, and it's taking me the better part of a week to get my CAKE one done! But I'm loving every minute of it. :cool:
  • knick9mmknick9mm Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    I was just thinking how fun Float On would be to play
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    well balls, i should just make the list of all the MM songs, including the ones that are on here, that i think would work well... yeah, might as well i guess... here it goes:

    Dramamine
    breakthrough
    talking **** about a pretty sunset
    make everyone happy/mechanical birds
    interstate 8
    edit the sad parts
    never ending math equation
    whenever you breathe out, i breathe in
    other peoples' lives
    summer
    night on the sun
    teeth like god's shoeshine
    heart cooks brain
    lounge (closing time)
    doin the cockroach
    cowboy dan
    trailer trash
    trucker's atlas
    polar opposites
    perfect disguise/tiny cities made of ashes
    a different city
    alone down there
    paper thin walls
    what people are made of
    world at large/float on
    ocean breathes salty
    the view
    one chance
    march into the sea
    dashboard
    fly trapped in a jar
    education
    invisible


    yeah, only those ones. :p

    i really think any and all of these could be implemented perfectly into rock band.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    jensutton;282813 said:
    well balls, i should just make the list of all the MM songs, including the ones that are on here, that i think would work well... yeah, might as well i guess... here it goes:

    Dramamine
    breakthrough
    talking **** about a pretty sunset
    make everyone happy/mechanical birds
    interstate 8
    edit the sad parts
    never ending math equation
    whenever you breathe out, i breathe in
    other peoples' lives
    summer
    night on the sun
    teeth like god's shoeshine
    heart cooks brain
    lounge (closing time)
    doin the cockroach
    cowboy dan
    trailer trash
    trucker's atlas
    polar opposites
    perfect disguise/tiny cities made of ashes
    a different city
    alone down there
    paper thin walls
    what people are made of
    world at large/float on
    ocean breathes salty
    the view
    one chance
    march into the sea
    dashboard
    fly trapped in a jar
    education
    invisible


    yeah, only those ones. :p

    i really think any and all of these could be implemented perfectly into rock band.
    That's what I'm talking about! Helluva list, man. I didn't find a single song that I can disagree with. Probably due to the fact that there are only a very select few Modest Mouse songs that wouldn't work in Rock Band. :cool:

    Seriously, I refuse to believe that Harmonix is naive enough not to know Modest Mouse's entire catalog inside and out. This band desperately belongs in Rock Band. They just have to be working on, at the very least, a three-pack. But more likely is that they're working on securing the rights to an album or two, an 18-song pack, or their entire catalog - all masters! I can just feel it. And it feels good. :rolleyes:
  • Bohica28Bohica28 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I love to see some modest mouse songs.
    Come on Harmonix! I know you want em too =]
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    pmpboarder;282839 said:
    They just have to be working on, at the very least, a three-pack. But more likely is that they're working on securing the rights to an album or two, an 18-song pack, or their entire catalog - all masters! I can just feel it. And it feels good. :rolleyes:
    hahaha well that sounds a bit too good to be true, as amazing at that would be, i'm not holding my breath for that... still... it's good to hope... hahaha.

    hey by the way, what made you think i'm a man? my tag is jensutton. :p

    i am though... the tag is just because my wife made our band on her name... hahaha.
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    jensutton;283126 said:
    hahaha well that sounds a bit too good to be true, as amazing at that would be, i'm not holding my breath for that... still... it's good to hope... hahaha.

    hey by the way, what made you think i'm a man? my tag is jensutton. :p

    i am though... the tag is just because my wife made our band on her name... hahaha.
    Indeed, it is good to hope. And I am holding my breath. You'll see... :cool:

    Haha, good point. My first clue was that most of the women in my life don't use the phrase "Well, balls." So after you said that, I had to click to view your rocker profile just to make sure my theory was correct!
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    i'd definitely download any and all modest mouse DLC if it was on there, no matter how many there were.
  • WholycraponWholycrapon Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    since most dlc are only 3 songs

    fly trapped in a jar
    Bukowski
    **** luck
    :D

    Obscure? yes. Depressing? yes. Great DLC? YES!
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    as good of a song as it is, i think bukowski is a bit too racy to be able to be on there... calling God slanderous names isn't generally taken well by a good amount of people. :p

    you don't think **** luck would be repetitive? don't get me wrong, great song, but i'm not sure how well it would do on this game... still, ANYTHING by them i'd be all over, no question.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited January 2008
    Dashboard, Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty

    hehe , those are the ones I want !
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    those are probably the mostly likely to get put in :D
  • xOFFSETxxOFFSETx Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Just wanted to add my voice to the pile asking for some Modest Mouse DLC! Any song(s) at all would make me happy, although my girlfriend specifically wants Float On haha.. I'm crossing my fingers for Doin' The Cockroach!
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    doin the cockroach would be awesome... so much fun!
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Wow. What the hell is this thread doing on page 9?

    Bump! :cool:
Sign In or Register to comment.