Official Modest Mouse DLC Thread

Comments

• iamJoshOiamJoshO Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Float on would be wild on vocals; we can only hope...
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Blueb1rds;308257 said:
    ha yeahh that was announced a bit ago.
    Sorry, missed it. :o
    smoomoo31;314696 said:
    I would definitely get a 3 pack with:

Float On
    The Ocean Breathes Salty
    Dashboard
    Would love those, along with virtually every single other song from this band! :cool:
    iamJoshO;314735 said:
    Float on would be wild on vocals; we can only hope...
    I agree! It's so much fun to sing, but I can bet I would fail it in Rock Band the way I sing it (which is trying to mimic Brock's voice).
  • p0pacheryp0pachery Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I would love to see the entire Lonesome Crowded West album. It is by far my favorite Modest Mouse album.
  • Dave LerenardDave Lerenard Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    p0pachery;314830 said:
    I would love to see the entire Lonesome Crowded West album. It is by far my favorite Modest Mouse album.
    Amen to that, brother.
  • howcleverhowclever Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I would loooooove to see some Modest Mouse DLC.
  • HELLFIRExREBORNHELLFIRExREBORN Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I love modest mouse man........ I would have to say
    1. Dashboard
    2. Float On
    3. Dance Hall

The world at large would be great too, but man, finally someone started an official thread for Modest Mouse!:D
  • brandnew979brandnew979 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    yes Modest Mouse would be awesome
  • brandnew979brandnew979 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    oh and also i think "Invisible" should be on it it's off their new album "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank".:D:D:D:D
  • CKNDCKND Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Fly Trapped In A Jar most definitely.
  • Will-sanWill-san Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    This seems like the most likely way we will see Johnny Marr in the game so I am all for it.
  • luffypunkluffypunk Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    There should be a game dedicated to them.. Rock Band: Modest Mouse... if not just give us some Dashboard
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i think invisible would be one of the best off of their newest album.

awesome info on the new EP! i hadn't heard that! i'm really excited too, because they're playing really close to me in May!! wooooo!
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    My opinion of Modest Mouse is mostly:

dance hall, dance hall, every day,
    DANCE HALL! DANCE HALL! EVERY DAY!
    Dance Hall every---day!

Most Modest Mouse would bring challenging vocals into the game.
    Dance Hall, Dance Hall, Every Day!
  • CuDCuD Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Here it Comes
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life Like Weeds
    !!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see some MM
    edited February 2008
    I'm so glad to see so much support for Modest Mouse. :D :cool:
  • Inca586Inca586 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I agree 100% with this thread. Vocals for any modest mouse song would be really frustrating........or frustratingly easy after a few beers:p
  • bsparksbsparks Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Rather sockingly in my opinion, nobody mentioned Parting of the Sensory or Missed the Boat, those 2, Dashboard, March into the Sea, Float On... hell, the entirety of their last 2 albums, and then their 3rd album, yeah :)
  • Fickle9Fickle9 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Any Modest Mouse song would make me poop pants.
  • DanPandoraDanPandora Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I don't think I could pick just one.

Float On,
    Dramamine,
    Dashboard,
    Fly Trapped In A Jar,
    People As Places As People,

Anything... Theyre are one of the perfect bands for Rock Band.
  • Prozack28Prozack28 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    dude. perfect. i even agree with all your choices. i want lonesome crowed west. as a side note. cake would be friggin awesome too.
  • ZoopZoop Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I'll probably look like a huge idiot saying this, but I'd like Dashboard and Float On. :p Save your ridicule, I'm not the biggest MM fan but I love everything I've heard, and I figured you guys would appreciate the extra voice. :)
  • NathanRandomNathanRandom Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Zoop;343202 said:
    I'll probably look like a huge idiot saying this, but I'd like Dashboard and Float On. :p Save your ridicule, I'm not the biggest MM fan but I love everything I've heard, and I figured you guys would appreciate the extra voice. :)

I'm probaby setting myself up for a fall (or slagfest) but i've only listened to the last album and Good News....

But i will say i love both albums, and when i can i'll be purchasing the older albums. But from what i HAVE heard, i'd like to see the following in RB:

Float On. (May be an unpopular choice to the diehards, but it's an extremely fun song)

Dashboard

Float On

The View

Spitting Venom

Florida

Satin In A Coffin

We've Got Everything (Coincidentally i'd like to see The Shins in RB)

Trailer Trash

Again, having only really listened to the last two albums, and a few other songs, my opinion holds next to no weight. Just thought i'd add to the thread and show my support for this awesome band.
  • SoKGiXSoKGiX Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    i've been a MM fan for many years, and everyone here talkin about wanting **** from there 2 most recent cd's makes me sick... it pales in comparison to the old stuff

go back n listen to their good **** from the 90's or stop calling yourself a fan. u guys prob heard the **** on the radio n now you say your a fan...

went to a show up in columbus, OH and people were actually moshing and crowd surfing to MM... wtf???
    edited February 2008
    btw, everyone here knows they have like 10 albums right?
    edited February 2008
    AnonymousMonkey;343543 said:
    u suck, i thought that was word on MM actually being in the game
  • AnonymousMonkeyAnonymousMonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    For the record, Johnny Marr is my favorite guitarist of all time. I just don't like it when people call stuff "official" for no reason. Also, Smiths > MM.
  • NathanRandomNathanRandom Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343540 said:
    i've been a MM fan for many years, and everyone here talkin about wanting **** from there 2 most recent cd's makes me sick... it pales in comparison to the old stuff

go back n listen to their good **** from the 90's or stop calling yourself a fan. u guys prob heard the **** on the radio n now you say your a fan...

went to a show up in columbus, OH and people were actually moshing and crowd surfing to MM... wtf???

Congrats on that extremely well written and coherant post. Remind me to subscribe to your posts, i'd love to get an email of your work on a daily basis.

Like i said, i'm buying some of the older stuff soon, i thought i'd try out what appeared to be their more "accessible" work before jumping into their entire back catalogue. Besides, opinions differ, i'm sure there are SOME lifelong fans of the band that prefer the new stuff as opposed to the old, and vice versa.
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343540 said:

SoKGiX;343542 said:
    btw, everyone here knows they have like 10 albums right?
    I know they have 7 albums (5 studio and 2 compilations).
    I know they have 4 EPs (with a 5th coming out soon!).
    I know they have 1 split single with 764 Hero.
    I know they have 1 official live bootleg.
    I know I own all the above, plus a few other singles on vinyl.

But no, I didn't know they had "like 10 albums."

Oh, sorry. You were saying something about being a "fan"...? What's that like? How do I become one of these so-called "fans"?
    edited February 2008
    Laugh out loud... I didn't know I was writing a formal argument here, please forgive my shorthand typing.

Seriously, I can't stand Modest Mouse fans who became fans when they started playing Float On on the radio. My typical conversation with these types include:

"Oh, you like Modest Mouse?"

"Yeah! I think Float On and Dashboard are super awesome!"

"Yeah, they're good songs. Do you have their older albums?"

"No, I didn't know they had old stuff. I usually just listen to...."

"Oh, well are you an Indie fan?"

"What's Indie?"

I then proceed to punch them in the balls or uterus so they can't procreate.

Anyway, download some stuff like stars are projectors, doin' the cockroach, interstate 8, grey icewater, teeth like god's shoeshine, atomizes and ionizes, etc etc etc...

imo, once you get a feel for their older stuff the new really is kinda disappointing... its funny to me that no one really knew who they were like 5 or so years ago.. right before good news...