Official Modest Mouse DLC Thread

Comments

• Will-sanWill-san Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    This seems like the most likely way we will see Johnny Marr in the game so I am all for it.
  • luffypunkluffypunk Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    There should be a game dedicated to them.. Rock Band: Modest Mouse... if not just give us some Dashboard
  • jensuttonjensutton Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i think invisible would be one of the best off of their newest album.

awesome info on the new EP! i hadn't heard that! i'm really excited too, because they're playing really close to me in May!! wooooo!
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    My opinion of Modest Mouse is mostly:

dance hall, dance hall, every day,
    DANCE HALL! DANCE HALL! EVERY DAY!
    Dance Hall every---day!

Most Modest Mouse would bring challenging vocals into the game.
    Dance Hall, Dance Hall, Every Day!
  • CuDCuD Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Here it Comes
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life Like Weeds
    !!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see some MM
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    I'm so glad to see so much support for Modest Mouse. :D :cool:
  • Inca586Inca586 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I agree 100% with this thread. Vocals for any modest mouse song would be really frustrating........or frustratingly easy after a few beers:p
  • bsparksbsparks Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Rather sockingly in my opinion, nobody mentioned Parting of the Sensory or Missed the Boat, those 2, Dashboard, March into the Sea, Float On... hell, the entirety of their last 2 albums, and then their 3rd album, yeah :)
  • Fickle9Fickle9 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Any Modest Mouse song would make me poop pants.
  • DanPandoraDanPandora Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I don't think I could pick just one.

Float On,
    Dramamine,
    Dashboard,
    Fly Trapped In A Jar,
    People As Places As People,

Anything... Theyre are one of the perfect bands for Rock Band.
  • Prozack28Prozack28 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    dude. perfect. i even agree with all your choices. i want lonesome crowed west. as a side note. cake would be friggin awesome too.
  • ZoopZoop Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I'll probably look like a huge idiot saying this, but I'd like Dashboard and Float On. :p Save your ridicule, I'm not the biggest MM fan but I love everything I've heard, and I figured you guys would appreciate the extra voice. :)
  • NathanRandomNathanRandom Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Zoop;343202 said:
    I'll probably look like a huge idiot saying this, but I'd like Dashboard and Float On. :p Save your ridicule, I'm not the biggest MM fan but I love everything I've heard, and I figured you guys would appreciate the extra voice. :)

I'm probaby setting myself up for a fall (or slagfest) but i've only listened to the last album and Good News....

But i will say i love both albums, and when i can i'll be purchasing the older albums. But from what i HAVE heard, i'd like to see the following in RB:

Float On. (May be an unpopular choice to the diehards, but it's an extremely fun song)

Dashboard

Float On

The View

Spitting Venom

Florida

Satin In A Coffin

We've Got Everything (Coincidentally i'd like to see The Shins in RB)

Trailer Trash

Again, having only really listened to the last two albums, and a few other songs, my opinion holds next to no weight. Just thought i'd add to the thread and show my support for this awesome band.
  • SoKGiXSoKGiX Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    i've been a MM fan for many years, and everyone here talkin about wanting **** from there 2 most recent cd's makes me sick... it pales in comparison to the old stuff

go back n listen to their good **** from the 90's or stop calling yourself a fan. u guys prob heard the **** on the radio n now you say your a fan...

went to a show up in columbus, OH and people were actually moshing and crowd surfing to MM... wtf???
    edited February 2008
    btw, everyone here knows they have like 10 albums right?
    edited February 2008
    AnonymousMonkey;343543 said:
    u suck, i thought that was word on MM actually being in the game
  • AnonymousMonkeyAnonymousMonkey Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    For the record, Johnny Marr is my favorite guitarist of all time. I just don't like it when people call stuff "official" for no reason. Also, Smiths > MM.
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343540 said:
    i've been a MM fan for many years, and everyone here talkin about wanting **** from there 2 most recent cd's makes me sick... it pales in comparison to the old stuff

go back n listen to their good **** from the 90's or stop calling yourself a fan. u guys prob heard the **** on the radio n now you say your a fan...

went to a show up in columbus, OH and people were actually moshing and crowd surfing to MM... wtf???

Congrats on that extremely well written and coherant post. Remind me to subscribe to your posts, i'd love to get an email of your work on a daily basis.

Like i said, i'm buying some of the older stuff soon, i thought i'd try out what appeared to be their more "accessible" work before jumping into their entire back catalogue. Besides, opinions differ, i'm sure there are SOME lifelong fans of the band that prefer the new stuff as opposed to the old, and vice versa.
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343540 said:

SoKGiX;343542 said:
    btw, everyone here knows they have like 10 albums right?
    I know they have 7 albums (5 studio and 2 compilations).
    I know they have 4 EPs (with a 5th coming out soon!).
    I know they have 1 split single with 764 Hero.
    I know they have 1 official live bootleg.
    I know I own all the above, plus a few other singles on vinyl.

But no, I didn't know they had "like 10 albums."

Oh, sorry. You were saying something about being a "fan"...? What's that like? How do I become one of these so-called "fans"?
    edited February 2008
    Laugh out loud... I didn't know I was writing a formal argument here, please forgive my shorthand typing.

Seriously, I can't stand Modest Mouse fans who became fans when they started playing Float On on the radio. My typical conversation with these types include:

"Oh, you like Modest Mouse?"

"Yeah! I think Float On and Dashboard are super awesome!"

"Yeah, they're good songs. Do you have their older albums?"

"No, I didn't know they had old stuff. I usually just listen to...."

"Oh, well are you an Indie fan?"

"What's Indie?"

I then proceed to punch them in the balls or uterus so they can't procreate.

Anyway, download some stuff like stars are projectors, doin' the cockroach, interstate 8, grey icewater, teeth like god's shoeshine, atomizes and ionizes, etc etc etc...

imo, once you get a feel for their older stuff the new really is kinda disappointing... its funny to me that no one really knew who they were like 5 or so years ago.. right before good news...
    edited February 2008
    opening up zune, they do indeed have "like 10 albums", meaning exactly 9.

building nothing out of something
    everywhere and his nasty parlour trick
    the fruit that ate itself
    good news for people who love bad news
    the lonesome crowded west ---- my favorite
    the moon and antartica
    sad sappy sucker
    this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about ---- tied for favorite
    we were dead before the ship even sank

this list doesn't include interstate 8. everything but edit the sad parts from interstate 8 made it to another album, iirc.
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343603 said:
    Laugh out loud... I didn't know I was writing a formal argument here, please forgive my shorthand typing.

Seriously, I can't stand Modest Mouse fans who became fans when they started playing Float On on the radio.

Because why should anyone possibly gain an interest into a band because of the radio? Why can't everyone just instinctively know which music they should or should not listen to? Jeez.

To twist the knife, i started listening to their material about a month or two before the release of We Were Dead.... I virtually stumbled across their Myspace (I live in Wales, and we hardly have a huge following of MM fans punching me in the nuts for not having heard of them beforehand.) I was the only person in my group of friends and possibly my school to have listened to the band more than a couple of times and so got a few people into the band by directing them to Myspace.

I'll remember next time that it's a crime to like a band if i don't own all their material nor been to any of their shows (They've not been here recently.)
    edited February 2008
    not a crime... but when HMX comes out w/ a float on, dashboard and ocean breathes salty pack i'll no who to be pissed at.
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343610 said:
    opening up zune, they do indeed have "like 10 albums", meaning exactly 8.

building nothing out of something
    everywhere and his nasty parlour trickthe fruit that ate itself
    good news for people who love bad news
    the lonesome crowded west ---- my favorite
    the moon and antartica
    sad sappy sucker
    this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about ---- tied for favorite
    we were dead before the ship even sank

this list doesn't include interstate 8. everything but edit the sad parts from interstate 8 made it to another album, iirc.
    Studio Albums:
    • This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
    • The Lonesome Crowded West
    • The Moon & Antarctica
    • Good News for People Who Love Bad News
    • We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
    Compilation Albums:
    • Building Nothing Out of Something
    • Sad Sappy Sucker
    EPs:
    • Blue Cadet-3, Do You Connect?
    • Interstate 8
    • The Fruit That Ate Itself
    • Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks
    Split Single with 764 Hero:
    • Whenever You See Fit
    Official Live Bootleg:
    • Baron Von Bullsh*t Rides Again
    That's 13 by my count. I don't know why you wouldn't include Interstate 8. It's an amazing work by itself. And there are two tracks on there that didn't make it onto any other albums or compilations: "Edit the Sad Parts," which you mentioned, and "Buttons to Push the Buttons." Plus tracks 6-11 are recorded live, so they have a much different sound than the studio versions heard on other albums.
    edited February 2008
    btw, if anyone wants to take the time to search out good music instead of listening to fm radio garbage check out pitchfork.com
    edited February 2008
    pmpboarder;343644 said:
    Studio Albums:
    • This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
    • The Lonesome Crowded West
    • The Moon & Antarctica
    • Good News for People Who Love Bad News
    • We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
    Compilation Albums:
    • Building Nothing Out of Something
    • Sad Sappy Sucker
    EPs:
    • Blue Cadet-3, Do You Connect?
    • Interstate 8
    • The Fruit That Ate Itself
    • Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks
    Split Single with 764 Hero:
    • Whenever You See Fit
    Official Live Bootleg:
    • Baron Von Bullsh*t Rides Again
    That's 13 by my count. I don't know why you wouldn't include Interstate 8. It's an amazing work by itself. And there are two tracks on there that didn't make it onto any other albums or compilations: "Edit the Sad Parts," which you mentioned, and "Buttons to Push the Buttons." Plus tracks 6-11 are recorded live, so they have a much different sound than the studio versions heard on other albums.
    i got a badass dvd of 3 of their shows off ebay for pretty cheap. might have to watch that tonight while i'm doin some hw.

i didn't count a few of the ep's since everything on them made it to a later album.
    edited February 2008
    Fair enough. :)

What's that DVD called? I'm assuming it's unofficial, or else I definitely would have heard about it.
    edited February 2008
    it's called modest mouse acoustic electric and its unofficial, runs 110 minutes. heres the lineup:

ATL, GA:

paper thin walls
    3rd planet
    trailer trash
    lives
    diggin holes in the water ******** what album is this from????????
    i came as a rate

ATL, GA again:

never ending math equation
    3rd planet
    paper thin walls
    tiny cities made of ashes
    a life of arctic sounds
    doin the cockroach
    lives
    broke
    i came as a rat
    trailer trash
    talkin **** about a pretty sunset
    alone down there
    interstate 8
    teeth like gods shoeshine

athens, GA

bury me with it
    3rd planet
    interstate 8
    wild pack of family dogs
    black cadillacs

whats ur gamertag pmpboarder, im the day dreamer
    edited February 2008
    SoKGiX;343676 said:
    it's called modest mouse acoustic electric and its unofficial, runs 110 minutes. heres the lineup:

ATL, GA:

paper thin walls
    3rd planet
    trailer trash
    lives
    diggin holes in the water ******** what album is this from????????
    i came as a rate

ATL, GA again:

never ending math equation
    3rd planet
    paper thin walls
    tiny cities made of ashes
    a life of arctic sounds
    doin the cockroach
    lives
    broke
    i came as a rat
    trailer trash
    talkin **** about a pretty sunset
    alone down there
    interstate 8
    teeth like gods shoeshine

athens, GA

bury me with it
    3rd planet
    interstate 8
    wild pack of family dogs
    black cadillacs

whats ur gamertag pmpboarder, im the day dreamer
    Nice! I'll have to check that out! Not sure where "Diggin' Holes in the Water" is from... Maybe from their upcoming EP?

My gamertag is pmpboarder.