Comments

• Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2007
    I blame Microsoft. There was a report a while ago that said they were having trouble fitting the game on the 360 disc. Wii holds back 360 and PS3,360 holds back PS3.
  • Knockout_KingKnockout_King Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Rock_Starman;29193 said:
    I blame Microsoft. There was a report a while ago that said they were having trouble fitting the game on the 360 disc. Wii holds back 360 and PS3,360 holds back PS3.
    I doubt they would delay a game 4+ months because of a disc issue.

It's probably more for stabilizing the game engine. After getting their hands on it, tons of game journalists said the game was great, but the frame rate struggled in places, and technical things like that.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I think it is because they're having trouble getting it to work on the ps3. They started work on the 360 version first and are having trouble carrying that work over to the ps3. They probably do not want to releas it first for the 360 in any way whatsoever, so they simp,ly delyaed both versions the 6 months or so. They probably didn't have enough time to complete both versions at the same time.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    First GTA delay ever. I'm impressed that it took so many entries for Rockstar to hit a snag in development.

I'm more interested in the new franchises kicking off this year. I won't be picking up GTA soon at all.

Only sequel for me is GHIII.
  • MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    that's really bad I was hoping to play this game on October

At least it will give Rockstar time to fix any technical problems with the game
  • freakonatefreakonate Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Thank God. With so many games to choose from this season = Medal of Honor: Airborne, BioShock, Halo 3, Rock Band, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty 4 possibly GH 3 and GTA and wanting to pick up a PS 3 - I was getting worried I'd have to pimp myself out soon for extra cash. :p
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I dont see why people like GTA games i simply find them boring.. no offence
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    GTA games lacked innovation after gta3.........but this one looks truly special IMO. I've always wanted a more realistic GTA. oh well i don't mind, i'd much rather they take their time
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I'm not worried like everyone says there's a lot of great games coming out I think I can manage waiting for this one.... although so far it's looking like the best GTA yet
  • edited August 2007
    Im actually glad. The last thing I need is to buy more games this winter.

Hopefully this extra TLC helps the game.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hopefully it will be better than the crappy spin-offs they have been putting out the last 5 years. GTA lost my interest after 3.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I'm actually kind of happy it is delayed, so now I don't have to buy it until 2008, since Rock Band is going to put a serious dent in my pocket. It's annoying it got delayed though, this holiday season was going to be amazing for gamers (even though it still is). I'd rather them take their time, then rush and make a sub par game.
  • defmonkeydefmonkey Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    freakonate;29212 said:
    Thank God. With so many games to choose from this season = Medal of Honor: Airborne, BioShock, Halo 3, Rock Band, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty 4 possibly GH 3 and GTA and wanting to pick up a PS 3 - I was getting worried I'd have to pimp myself out soon for extra cash. :p
    Same thing I was thinking, this takes a huge load off my back. Too many great games coming out.