Rock Blog Thursday 08/02/07

edited August 2007 in Announcements
The long and short of it- just got out of Love Bucket practice. Verdict? We're awesome, though I must admit my voice wasn't quite up to snuff on a few tracks and I almost let the band down in a huge way in some crucial moments when I didn't exactly know the song which to my knowledge is sung in a pitch hitherto unknown by me. That or maybe it was the ice cold 'Gansett provided by Matt. I'm not sure.

We're starting to chart out some super sweet awesomosity in regards to community stuff for Rock Band. Stay tuned.

Two blogs today. First we have a brief Sports and Weather from Warburg who extols the virtues of Garnett. Me? I miss Gerald Green but I think KG will more than make up for it. Next we have QA extolling the virtues of candy- weird-ass UFO saucer candy from the 30's specifically.

Warburg with sports and weather.

QA gets their weird-Catholic-UFO-candy-thang on.

Comments

• AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;29404 said:
    The long and short of it- just got out of Love Bucket practice. Verdict? We're awesome, though I must admit my voice wasn't quite up to snuff on a few tracks and I almost let the band down in a huge way in some crucial moments when I didn't exactly know the song which to my knowledge is sung in a pitch hitherto unknown by me. That or maybe it was the ice cold 'Gansett provided by Matt. I'm not sure.

We're starting to chart out some super sweet awesomosity in regards to community stuff for Rock Band. Stay tuned.

Two blogs today. First we have a brief Sports and Weather from Warburg who extols the virtues of Garnett. Me? I miss Gerald Green but I think KG will more than make up for it. Next we have QA extolling the virtues of candy- weird-ass UFO saucer candy from the 30's specifically.

Warburg with sports and weather.

QA gets their weird-Catholic-UFO-candy-thang on.
    Bah, who needs planning! We just want the info! C'mon, you gotta leak SOMETHING! :(

(Look how sad I am, how could you resist a face like that...and blue apparently...that cant be good...)
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Yeah man , you act as if nothing has happened but GH3 Just Stole 3 of Your Songs and Knocked it Up a Level With Metallica's Song " One " At least say something.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    KG was well worth what we gave up for him, considering he signed on for more years.

as for info, people need to be patient
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;29404 said:

OOh I cannot wait to hear what this is, I hope it is something good :D
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    you miss Gerald Green? I think Al Jefferson is the real player to be missing. The guy's going to be a superstar, but so is KG.
  • edited August 2007
    The kid I work with has been crying all week about the 7 for 1 trade....something about "trading their future away for KG". Something to that effect. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the Lakers where there's a couple of decent guys and an horrendous bench. Sure the Celts will win games, but how good will they be past that?
  • ababypenguinababypenguin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    hey Sean, I kinda asked this question on your "How did I get here" blog, but I am so paranoid that I thought I would post here too :)
    Anyway, I am a senior in high school and I am planning on going to college to be a 3d modeler. So my question to you is, how can I get a job at a major gaming company? Should I start as a tester like you? Please respond, my future career is in your hands!! :p
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    more community stuff = kickass. Although if it causes me to lose my job I'll be sending my resume your way.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Hey, the whole point of professional sports is (or should be) to win a championship...and you guys are definately in the drivers seat in the East now. I wish you all luck.

Oh, and when you guys do finally end up throwing down with those 'other' game developers in a no-holds-barred cage match of death...I'll be able to pay-per-view that, right?

Edit: And oh yah, really looking forward to the community stuff...my interest = peaked.
    edited August 2007
    ababypenguin;29779 said:
    hey Sean, I kinda asked this question on your "How did I get here" blog, but I am so paranoid that I thought I would post here too :)
    Anyway, I am a senior in high school and I am planning on going to college to be a 3d modeler. So my question to you is, how can I get a job at a major gaming company? Should I start as a tester like you? Please respond, my future career is in your hands!! :p
    worry about finding a good school for 3d modeling first
    edited August 2007
    thanks for the advice, I don't know if you know about this kind of thing; but do you know of any really good schools for 3d modeling in Southern California?
    edited August 2007
    I'm from boston, so no lol.

Ask your high school guidance counselor. they'll find you one easily
    edited August 2007
    yeah, my counselor and I have talked. Seeing as this is my last year of high school I will be talking to her pretty often.
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Find good development houses in your area. As HMX is from Boston, most of their devs are probably from the Mass. area in the first place. As for SoCal, there are a huge amount of good dev houses down there, find some, and ask them, since they're probably natives.

On an unrelated note, the photography school I want to go to is in Santa Barbara. :/ Damn me and my living in Sacramento.
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    The kid I work with has been crying all week about the 7 for 1 trade....something about "trading their future away for KG". Something to that effect. Hopefully it doesn't turn into the Lakers where there's a couple of decent guys and an horrendous bench. Sure the Celts will win games, but how good will they be past that?
    This is exactly what happened to the Kings out here... and look at where they are now. Sad.
    edited August 2007
    tf5_bassist;31128 said:
    Find good development houses in your area. As HMX is from Boston, most of their devs are probably from the Mass. area in the first place. As for SoCal, there are a huge amount of good dev houses down there, find some, and ask them, since they're probably natives.

On an unrelated note, the photography school I want to go to is in Santa Barbara. :/ Damn me and my living in Sacramento.
    Thx for the reply. where would I find one of these Dev Houses? I tried a google search and only found this one in Boston.
    http://devboston.pbwiki.com/
    >>edit I just found this one and it looks promising, it is located in San Jose, California.
    http://superhappydevhouse.org/
  • DShizzle1029DShizzle1029 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    tf5_bassist;31128 said:

Im going up to Savannah on the 20th to look at the Savannah College of Art and Design campus. Im gonna be specializing in photography myself. Rock on us photographers I,,I (O_o) I,,I
  • dlisapussydlisapussy Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I was at the Incubus concert today and I was wondering if they might be in Rock Band?
    edited August 2007
    dlisapussy;32987 said:
    I was at the Incubus concert today and I was wondering if they might be in Rock Band?
    No one knows. The only purely 100% songs are on the songlist part of rockband.com and the who's "Who's Next" album for the first DLC album.
  • dlisapussydlisapussy Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    ohh i see
    i thought IGN said they were comin out with a new song or dlc album every week
    edited August 2007
    dlisapussy;32997 said:
    ohh i see
    i thought IGN said they were comin out with a new song or dlc album every week
    They did. But the only one that is announced thus far is the Who's "Who's Next"