Comments

• Mr_BonesMr_Bones Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    that would be freakin sweet...kinda a long boring song untill u get 2 the middle part
  • edited August 2007
    Is this a big deal? I've read a bunch of comments about people going crazy for this news, but I've never heard of the song. Might have to go check was the fuss is about.
  • DokkenIsntRockinDokkenIsntRockin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    One is one of their absolute best songs. thank god GH3 will have it. Enter Sandman is a horrid song and I'm glad I can play my favourite 'Tallica song in one of those games.
    edited August 2007
    well it kinda is cuz its 1 of the only really really good songs buy them...cuz it starts out all slow and tells somewat of a story aboot a man..and then when its time 4 the solo it kicks in2 this havy part that is just really sweet
    edited August 2007
    Apples;29512 said:
    Is this a big deal? I've read a bunch of comments about people going crazy for this news, but I've never heard of the song. Might have to go check was the fuss is about.
    are you...are you kidding me? it was their first single, the first ever video they made, the start of the Metallica backlash, the first world wide appearance of Jason Newsted. like, how the hell?...its off of their last great and most technically impressive album. and you've never heard of it...how?
  • admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;29516 said:
    One is one of their absolute best songs. thank god GH3 will have it. Enter Sandman is a horrid song and I'm glad I can play my favourite 'Tallica song in one of those games.
    Don't forget that RB will be getting a substantial amount of additional Metallica tracks as well, so the chance that One will be available in RB eventually is pretty decent.
  • defmonkeydefmonkey Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    When GHIII makes a boo-boo they know how to cover their ass and release an awesome song!!

I was happy for 'Enter Sandman', but was kinda dissapointed that it was one of their overplayed songs, and GHIII gets 'One', one of my favorite songs by them. Hell, if they got anything else off '...And Justice for All", I would be happy as a pig in shyt (top choices are 'Blackened, 'Eye of the Beholder' and '...And Justice for All')
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;29518 said:
    well it kinda is cuz its 1 of the only really really good songs buy them...cuz it starts out all slow and tells somewat of a story aboot a man..and then when its time 4 the solo it kicks in2 this havy part that is just really sweet
    uh, the entire song is about the book Johnny Got his Gun. the whole song is a story, an epic one at that.
  • yakityyakblahyakityyakblah Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Welcome to the Jungle, Number of the Beast, Raining Blood, One.

Guitar Hero 3 is really living up to it's name.
    edited August 2007
    o hell yea it is..iv been thinking since the 1st gh that there needs 2 be more metal...and r u f-ing kidding me rain in blood is gonna be on gh3?
    edited August 2007
    holy ****, you're here Yak? this here be JustinCredible
    edited August 2007
    Mr_Bones;29535 said:
    o hell yea it is..iv been thinking since the 1st gh that there needs 2 be more metal...and r u f-ing kidding me rain in blood is gonna be on gh3?
    *Raining Blood
    edited August 2007
    Oh **** hey man! Hows it going? Get on AIM.
    edited August 2007
    I dont have aim anymore, man.
    edited August 2007
    Well MSN whatever. I havn't heard from you in like a year.
  • DIEGOROBOT26DIEGOROBOT26 Banned
    edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;29539 said:
    holy ****, you're here Yak? this here be JustinCredible
    Video games reunite old friends, and mom said nothing good ever comes out of them :)
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;29516 said:
    dude, One IS their best song!

One>Enter Sandman

But it's oooooooook. Cause I'm getting both! GH will help ease the pain of waiting for Rock Band!!!!!!!!!!!:D And this song will just make the wait even easier!
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Yup I was hoping this song would be in one of their games but I'm kind of surprised they didn't get Master Of Puppets since that was like the most requested song next to Stairway.... but I would much rather want One anyways Puppets is really repetitive however remember RB is getting an entire Album so the chances of seeing both these songs is high
  • edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;29519 said:
    are you...are you kidding me? it was their first single, the first ever video they made, the start of the Metallica backlash, the first world wide appearance of Jason Newsted. like, how the hell?...its off of their last great and most technically impressive album. and you've never heard of it...how?

My parents refused to buy any sort of tape/CD players when I was growing up. Combined with my general dislike for pop culture crap and fad bands, I have a pretty whacked up perception of music.

I don't think I was familiar with any song in the entire setlist of GH1 or GH2 until I had heard them in the game. GH3 and Rock Band are not faring much better. The good news for me is that every song that's announced is new, fresh, and interesting because I've never heard any of them.

I remember when GH2 came out, my co-op buddy practically killed me on site when I had no idea what Freebird was.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    My last reply for this thread is as follow , There are better songs than "One" let them have and if you like this song then you might just get it from Full Album downloads.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Well they don't really seem to keen on releasing any more info on album DLC at the moment. Coupled with the fact that they said albums are going to be once a month at best. So far Guitar Hero 3 is starting to look like a metalheads must buy.

Rock Band on the other hand... well it's cool if you want to play drums.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30020 said:

Rock Band on the other hand... well it's cool if you want to play drums.
    I wanna play the drums to metal songs though :(
    edited August 2007
    NO! No metal for you! You can go die now!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    do people realize that one has not actually been confirmed?
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;30160 said:
    Au contraire...

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=17020

"[UPDATE 2] Following the conference call, we followed up with Activision regarding the Metallica news. A representative confirmed not only that Metallica will be in Guitar Hero III, but that the song One will be a master track. One is from Metallica's "...And Justice For All" album released in 1988. It's also the very first song that Metallica produced a rock video for."
  • xenopherusxenopherus Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I've always kind of liked Disposable Heros more than One. That'd be nice if RB had that song for DLC.
    edited August 2007
    Apples;29957 said:
    My parents refused to buy any sort of tape/CD players when I was growing up. Combined with my general dislike for pop culture crap and fad bands, I have a pretty whacked up perception of music.
    Metallica isnt a "fad band" unless you define a fad lasting well over 20 years.
    I remember when GH2 came out, my co-op buddy practically killed me on site when I had no idea what Freebird was.
    its Lynyrd Skynyrd's only good song, of course. but LS sucks so bad that I wouldnt even care if you told me that.
    edited August 2007
    People are just going to have to deal with the fact that Metal isn't a priority in Rock Band.
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;30160 said:
    pfft, yeah, theres no evidence of this song being in GHIII.

...oh wait

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600358