Who here is loving the DMC4 demo?

SenkoySenkoy Opening Act
edited February 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Man that demo is fun as all hell! If you havent gotten do, do yourself a favor and get it! I cant wait for the full game. It's going to be a blast. Might not even touch Rock Band for a month.

Comments

• JxNKJxNK Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I was really excited to see that they were releasing a DMC game on the 360. I haven't played a DMC since the first one, because my PS2 crapped out like all the others, and I never got around to fixing it. And when I had the money, I got an Xbox.

The demo is awesome, and I love how everything flows. :D Can't wait for it.
  • SenRaqSenRaq Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Please tell me what is the big hoopla about Devil May Cry?? Good fighting mechanics? Well thought out story line?? Wow factor??? If you are a die hard, tell me why you like this game. I might consider buying it.

I did get the demo, but not sure if this is a game I would like. It kinda reminded me of Lara Croft meets God of War. You would think that is a great combination, but I am not sure.

The previous Devil May Cry game, I threw in the trash after a week. Is this game expected to be any different?

It might be a great game, but maybe not great to me, or perhaps I am just missing something.

For reference some of the best games I have ever played include: Not a well thought out list, just off the top of the dome

God of War 1 + 2
    Gran Tourismo 3
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Shadow of the Colossus (please make another)
    Okami
    Kingdom Hearts 1 + 2
    DDR
    Rockband :)
    Tombraider (the one before the anniversary ed)
    Lego Star Wars
    Resistance
    Oblivion
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I left the demo donwloading overnight (slow internet connection:() I checked this morning and it's in my PS3 now. Haven't installed it yet, I'll get to that when I get home from work. But I had already preordered the game since last week, it was I nice suprise to see that the demo was available yesterday. :)
  • silvam14silvam14 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Meh, not my type of game. Hack and slash. The grapihics are amazing though
  • TransbrakTransbrak Headliner
    edited January 2008
    im trying to cut down on my game buying

i wasnt going to get it but seeing that gtaIV isnt coming till almost may now i may have to pick it up...that and lost odyssey.....and i still want mass effect

this isnt going very well
  • TehLawGiverTehLawGiver Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    i am buying this game for sure, the demo is amazing...anyone esle beat the big fire demon boss? tried like 15 times....
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Can't download it. What a load of ****.

"This account is not permitted to download content with this rating."

**** you, Microsoft. I'm 17, old enough to buy M rated games, but I can't download a demo for one?! What's that about?
  • MartyMcFlyMartyMcFly Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    I thought the demo was great! I've been a fan of DMC since the first! I owned 2 and 3. And now I'm wicked excited it's out for 360.

I don't see how someone could say the game changed, or isn't the same as it's always been.

It still has the exact same feel as every other DMC. Yea, it's hack n' slash, but that's why you got that combo rating system. Pure destruction!

I'm glad they kept with the same set up with the appearing-from-nowhere demons, and the cutscenes that lead to each fight.

I haven't looked into the story too much, so no idea what that premise is. But I'm sure it's out there and I always have trouble following it, lol, but oh well, it will be good.

The graphics can finally be appreciated now that DMC is on next gen systems, and the camera angles are excellent.

Also, can't forget the great soundtrack too. Great kickass music for fight scenes.

This game will rock!

To Transbak, I used to buy games all the time, yea, it's way too expensive. Best thing I ever did was get Gamefly. As great as DMC is, it's still just a linear single player game with little replay value, which makes it only necessary for rental. Rent a game, beat it, and move on to another.

DMC4 might be the best yet!
    edited January 2008
    MartyMcFly;281964 said:

To Transbak, I used to buy games all the time, yea, it's way too expensive. Best thing I ever did was get Gamefly. As great as DMC is, it's still just a linear single player game with little replay value, which makes it only necessary for rental. Rent a game, beat it, and move on to another.

DMC4 might be the best yet!
    whats the turnaround on a disc when you send it in.

i know netflix is a day or two, is it like that

i was thinking about getting it awhile back but i ordered one of those preplayed games and it took 2 weeks to get to me, they did appologize and give me a refund though, i just dont want to wait a long time between rentals when im really itching to play something....id prolly just run down to gamestop and buy it :(
    edited January 2008
    Transbrak;281982 said:
    whats the turnaround on a disc when you send it in.

i know netflix is a day or two, is it like that

i was thinking about getting it awhile back but i ordered one of those preplayed games and it took 2 weeks to get to me, they did appologize and give me a refund though, i just dont want to wait a long time between rentals when im really itching to play something....id prolly just run down to gamestop and buy it :(
    lol, you might need some more patience. But the turnaround isn't great. It's all based on individual game availability. When new games come out, it will be tougher because of demand > supply. So it would say Low availability. If games have been out, then it might be Medium to High availability.

But, the best thing is to get at least a 2-Game Plan. They'll send you 2 games, and that way when you finish with one, you have the next right there with you. And, while you're playing that 2nd game, they're already processing to send you the next game and so on and so forth.

If you can get over not having the hottest new game on the first day of release, then you can manage. But cost effectively speaking, Gamefly is well worth it.

Instead of paying $60 for DMC4, playing it, beating it, and your only option is to just play it again? Doesn't sound too good. Imagine, you spend $60 per game on 4 games. You're talking $250 after sales tax, there's so much more you can buy with that kind of money, instead of games that you play once or twice through and done with.

I derailed this thread, sorry, we can continue talk about DMC4, the greatest 1-player action game of 2008 so far :)
  • DesiredFXDesiredFX Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I got it up and running, finally, and it is, indeed, pretty slick.

It's a bit stripped down, with nothing to speak of in the way of cutscenes or an attempt to ground you in the story, but then it's a "trial version" rather than a demo, so that should be expected.

I've only played through it once, and time expired before I ran out of area to explore, so I'm not sure how much bigger it is than what I discovered, but it was pretty stinkin' cool. I only ever played the first game (and was really bad at it), but the controls were very familiar from that experience. The only thing I'd change is to make the button for the gun one of the triggers (though that might be damned inconvenient).
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    ^ I agree with DesiredFX, the game looks cool and everything, but the Demo/Trial version, wasn't enough to catch my attention. I'm sure the game has a lot more to offer, but now I'm not so sure I would want to buy it.

I think I will cancel my preorder and wait to see the reviews.
    edited January 2008
    As far as control goes, I hope in the full version they bring back the ability to run up walls, jump off, and shoot in mid-air upside down. That was always fun to do.

Speaking of which, the jumping isn't timed very well, as well as the dodging; it doesn't seem to flow as well in the previous 2 titles.

But again, hopefully it will all be adjusted at release.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    **ON TOPIC**

not this guy.
  • SenkoySenkoy Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    MartyMcFly;282393 said:
    As far as control goes, I hope in the full version they bring back the ability to run up walls, jump off, and shoot in mid-air upside down. That was always fun to do.

Speaking of which, the jumping isn't timed very well, as well as the dodging; it doesn't seem to flow as well in the previous 2 titles.

But again, hopefully it will all be adjusted at release.
    Yes, you'll be able to do that with Dante in the game. And this time you will have on the fly style switching. It's going to be sick.

And this game really gets fun when you get good at it and play it on the hardest difficulty, giving it immense replay value. I put over 100 hrs into DMC3 and others have put over 300 hrs into it to master it. It is by far the deepest battle system ever created. Check this video out of this extremely skilled player and see for yourself how deep and fun this game can be when you get good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXDGLQmav0
    edited January 2008
    Senkoy;283473 said:
    Yes, you'll be able to do that with Dante in the game.
    I wish it was Dante in this game. But it's Nero, a different character. Even though the 2 characters look almost identical.
    edited January 2008
    i thought both nero and dante were in the game? not in the demo of course but in the final game?
  • pretty_pink_pistolpretty_pink_pistol Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    i gotta be honest.. i was a little let down by the demo? graphics at this point, everything is shiny lol the game looks great, but it really hasn't changed (i've played and beaten all of them lol) and the camera switching is still.. eh.
    but this is just a demo, so of course they aren't gonna put it all out there before the big show =] i'm still looking forward to its release! i have my pre-order ready lol
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    I've played every DMC game, so this is a must buy for me.

I like the story, even though most people would say it's nothing special.

Idk, something about this franchise keeps me interested....
  • HindesiteHindesite Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    I had a decent amount of fun with the demo. Everything was pretty interesting.

It didn't feel quite right, though. It just didn't quite feel like the first. I don't know what it was, but a certain flow to all of the mechanics that was in the first seemed missing. Seemed a little more jerky in the execution of some mechanics, rough around the edges.

That said, it was still pretty stylish, and the graphics are quite beautiful. I've paid off my reservation, I'll be getting the Collector's Edition the day it comes out. It definately seems good, but I am somewhat worried it wont match those fond memories of the original I have... But, we'll see! :D
  • dchadcha Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    tell me this, does your playstation store screen look kinda of like this
    http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm

or more like this
    http://files.playstatic.com/ps3/thumbs/psone-psp-games.jpg

and specify whether you have a 40 or an 80gb.
    edited January 2008
    Mine looks more like your second link and i have a 60gb.
  • toyomatt84toyomatt84 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    It's a decent demo. It was worth the download. ;)
  • dchadcha Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Senkoy;285491 said:
    Mine looks more like your second link and i have a 60gb.
    thats so weird, because my friends 80gb looks like the first one.
  • pretty_pink_pistolpretty_pink_pistol Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    dcha;285196 said:
    tell me this, does your playstation store screen look kinda of like this
    http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm

or more like this
    http://files.playstatic.com/ps3/thumbs/psone-psp-games.jpg

and specify whether you have a 40 or an 80gb.
    mine looks like the second link, and i have an 80gb
  • BrandonCGSBrandonCGS Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, it's my first DMC, and I loved it :)
    edited February 2008
    One more week guys! I'm so exited!
  • KyidroKyidro Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    This is my first DMC to play since I've toy around with DMC3 a bit, it really run to play

So on a side note:
    Whats everone's fastest run on Exterminator Mode?

46Seconds Left
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    edited February 2008
    4 days actually. It wont be available until the 6th. The 5th is just the shipping date.

And I think i had a minute left on exterminator but i didnt get a good glimpse at it before Berial bit the dust.