The GHIII News That Missed the Hype Train (Or It's GHII All Over Again)

XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Today GH has erupted and set ablaze mixed feelings for sure essentially breaking the rules we all set to seperate it making it unique BESIDE Rock Band .

But I finally found mention of DLC which proved to be (for me) lamer than any stolen track.

We're getting more former GH rebuys. Yuck.

http://www.gametab.com/news/992379

Comments

• DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Enjoy paying too much for it! :D
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;29754 said:
    well since i've never played gh1 i still find it refreshing that i can play bark at the moon on my 360 so you guys can basically stfu :D
    Sorry to hear that you're getting ripped off.
    edited August 2007
    sorry to hear that you're a fanboy and won't let me pay my $5 for a few songs that i wanna play
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited August 2007
    For him, it's probably cheaper than buying a PS1 and GH1.
    edited August 2007
    yeah thx for understanding me bro. i'd gladly pay $5 instead of buying a whole game no matter how cheap it is nowadays, and a working ps2
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;29769 said:
    sorry to hear that you're a fanboy and won't let me pay my $5 for a few songs that i wanna play
    What the hell am I a fanboy of? That came out of nowhere. You can pay $5 all you want (you're actually paying $6.25, but call it $5 if it makes you feel better). You're still getting ripped off. If that's okay with you, then fine. Don't worry about it.
    edited August 2007
    lmao u guys are so touchy around here lighten up folks <3
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Actually he's probably better off. With the exception of Godzilla and Cheat on the Church no other impressive songs haven't been Live.

KUDOS TO YOU DOG!
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;29787 said:
    lmao u guys are so touchy around here lighten up folks <3</div>
    You should've seen the thread on religion :eek:
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Maybe after they run out of GH I and II and 80s songs they will move on to brining actual new content as DLC? I can't think that songs from previous Guitar Hero games could sell better than new content, most people buying this game, will have bought or will buy the previous games.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Man I REALLY wish I could just say no to Guitar Hero and Activision altogether. Just a bunch of slimy, greedy bastards. I mean, I know EVERY corporation is like this, and EA definately is no better, but at least they don't broadcast it to everyone. Let's review.

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's had the highest first day sales ever for Activision, so that obviously proves the prices is ok, huh? Actually no, the ONLY reason it sold like that is because Best Buy was offering it for 40 dollars, not 50, AND if you bought it online you got a 15 dollar BB gift card. So basically you're paying 25 bucks, exactly HALF of what Activision claims was a perfectly worthy price-point. The only reason they would come out and make this claim is to pre-emptively defend a future, similarly high price-point for GH3 and other games, when it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

GH2 DLC had over 300,000 downloads, so that proves that the price-point for those songs was perfectly acceptable. Again, wrong. They claim they had 30% purchase rate among GH2 owners for those songs, but every other number I've seen said 15%. That's terrible. Again, the only reason they would make this claim is to defend their high prices and get people to cave and go ahead and buy them anyway, believing they'll never see a lower price. You're telling me that if they didn't drop the price just a little, that wouldn't drive up that percentage to 50% and make them MUCH more money? It most definately would, but then they would never be able to go back to those higher prices, so they continue to hold out, make false claims about how accepted the price is, in hopes that the consumer will give up and give in.

Man. I never thought I could hate a company as much as I'm starting to hate Activision. It's really going to annoy me if I end up having to buy GH3 and give them money. Please, Rock Band...lock up some massive Pearl Jam and I will promise not to buy the GH3 game. I can't give up on the guitar, but I'll look for that sold seperately at least.
  • edited August 2007
    This seems to confirm what I had already suspected. If I had to speculate, GH3 is going to be the platform that 360 and PS3 owners get the 80's expansion on.

As for previous GH1/GH2 songs, I think the only way they'll remake those in GH3 is for the Wii owners who didn't have a previous retail version.
  • Nitz13Nitz13 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    It's sad really. I bought GH2 for 360 with hopes of DLC and all I got was 12 songs from GH1
    so if I buy GH3 now im probably just going to get 12, 80's songs complete ripoff
    Although I still get GH3 probably wont be purchasing any DLC
  • edited August 2007
    Wow damn, GH3 only users are lucky. They get to play Bark at the Moon Again while I rock out to Smells Like Teen Spirit and My Wife.

Lucky Bastards!
    edited August 2007
    Well, new songs on GHIII would be new for everybody, while previous Game Content is only new to the people who got it on a different console.

I wonder which would sell more? This is a tough marketing decision!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I would totally buy Rock the 80's as DLC, everything else can bite me
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    sushi111;30149 said:
    They get to play Bark at the Moon Again while I rock out to Smells Like Teen Spirit!
    Fanboyism. It can apparently make playing even the most repetitious, over-played songs fun.
    edited August 2007
    Smells like teen spirit is an awesome, albeit overplayed song. it will be great to play it in RB. so i don't see where the fanboyism comes in, especially considering he has probably played BatM many many times
    edited August 2007
    smells like teen spirit along with nirvana's entire career and anything each memeber of nirvana has ever done, blows
    edited August 2007
    Smells Like Teen Spirit is the most boring song on Nevermind.

Lounge Act, Breed, and On A Plain FTW.
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;30283 said:
    so i don't see where the fanboyism comes in, especially considering he has probably played BatM many many times
    Bark At The Moon is:
    • More difficult/challenging
    • A better song
    • Less repetitious
    • Not by Nirvana
    So only a fanboy could act like they were actually excited by the prospect of playing Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    edited August 2007
    Yeah there are some better songs off that album.

I don't love nirvana, but they're ok i guess.
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30297 said:
    Bark At The Moon is:
    • A better song
    • Less repetitious
    • Not by Nirvana
    So only a fanboy could act like they were actually excited by the prospect of playing Smells Like Teen Spirit.
    It is a better song in your opinion. Doesn't mean he can't be excited for one of two reasons

1. he thinks SLTS is better (doubtfu)

2. or the fact its not reused material actually exciteds him more than something hes already played before.

your fanboy thing could apply, but i doubt it.
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30297 said:
    Bark At The Moon is:
    • A better song
    • Less repetitious
    • Not by Nirvana
    Yes because apparently music isn't based on personal preference at all!
    edited August 2007
    In terms of being a song in a rythm game. I just can't see why anyone would want to mash out 3 chords, or sing like they're constipated. The drums will be fun I suppose, now that I think about it.
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30315 said:

I was just about to say I'll just sing Smells like Nirvana when i saw you posted the vid XD

as much as I despise Kurt Cobain, I do like Dave Grohl and look forward to the drums, and Lithium is their best song, imo.
  • fragpiratefragpirate Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    guitar hero still is owning rock band in my book.

ITS GOT ****IGN RAINING BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2007
    fragpirate;31406 said:
    guitar hero still is owning rock band in my book.

ITS GOT ****IGN RAINING BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See this is why I hate metalheads.

Effing pathetic