Rock Band gains slightly more respect from Activision!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://au.ps2.ign.com/articles/810/810259p1.html

Rock Band has now gone from an "imitator" to "potentially competitive."

Holy crap! At this rate, Rock Band is destined to be "somewhat competitive" in no time at all!

Comments

• edited August 2007
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    lol. activision is acting like a jealous 4 year old.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Awesome! Rising through the ranks! Having won the most Best of E3 awards has nothing to do with it.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Activision keeps making fun of RockBand eh ? those jerks , i say we boycott Guitar Hero 3
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I've never seen a more ridiculous article than this. What a bunch of arrogant jerks. The ONLY reason those Rock the 80's games sold is because Best Buy ran a special where you'd get a 15 dollar gift card from buying the game, AND they had it on sale for 40 bucks to begin with, so basically you paid 25 bucks for it. If every store sold it for only 50 bucks wth no deals whatsoever, they would not have seen NEARLY the sales they did. Now I really, really hope Rock Band picks up Pearl Jam and a couple others GH3 songs, whether on the disc or just as DLC so I can make up my mind not give Activision one dime.

Although, I'll still have to pick up that Les Paul...hopefully it'd be offered up alone...
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited August 2007
    Just imagine how much of a threat Rock Band will be by the time of its release date!
    edited August 2007
    just wait until "potentially competitive" becomes "wait harmonix! can you lend us some money because nobody is buying our game!"
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Rev0lver;29967 said:
    just wait until "potentially competitive" becomes "wait harmonix! can you lend us some money because nobody is buying our game!"
    Hahaha "Yeah Gh3 isn't selling as well and we already spend millions on the Track List , can you help Us?"
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    TheRocker;29874 said:
    Activision keeps making fun of RockBand eh ? those jerks , i say we boycott Guitar Hero 3
    No thanks.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30026 said:
    No thanks.
    Exactly. As much as people are trash talking Activision, Neversoft, and GHIII, pretty much most of these people are buying the game still. No one will actually boycott it.

I know I'm still buying. Even though it's bull that they're saying RB is an imitation, rip-off, etc. It's still got the track list that's striving it. Just don't expect me to play the "zomg battle mode!!111!!"
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    MrtyMcfly;30048 said:
    Exactly. As much as people are trash talking Activision, Neversoft, and GHIII, pretty much most of these people are buying the game still. No one will actually boycott it.

I know I'm still buying. Even though it's bull that they're saying RB is an imitation, rip-off, etc. It's still got the track list that's striving it. Just don't expect me to play the "zomg battle mode!!111!!"
    Yah, that's pretty much where I am too. At this point I'm still buying it, but depending on teh song announcements that hit from now to then, who knows? I'd love to save the money...please, HMX, let me save the money and purchase only rock band! Hell, make your own Les Paul replica and I won't even have to pick that up either! (I know, fender deal, blah, blah...)
  • Omega20mmOmega20mm Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    yeah the battle mode is bull the power ups allow an unskilled player to defeat an expert and doesnt judge skill whatsoever
  • Phrank-EPhrank-E Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I may have to pick up GH3 at a later date used. That way I personally don't give Activision any money and still get some good tracks.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Meh, I think all of Neversoft is just jealous because they know Rock Band is going to kick their ass. Enough said.
    edited August 2007
    GHIII not sell well? That'll be the day GTA isn't a hit.

Names are powerful. Jessica Alba in (insert crappy movie here), Grand Theft Auto: (insert clever city name here), and Guitar Hero: (insert lame subtitle here).

Just the name sells.

I'm nabbing GHIII but between the two Rock Band is my first buy.
  • DokkenIsntRockinDokkenIsntRockin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    man, you guys get heated over the dumbest ****.

GHIII has name recongnition, so yeah, it will probably outsellf Rock Band which has an estimated cost of 200 dollars (probably going to be even more than that, realistically) for the game and all of its paripherals. so no, I doubt it will outsell GHIII or ever really be seriously considered by anyone other than the hardcore.
    edited August 2007
    I started doubting Rock Band when they announced "Nevermind" as the second downloadable album. I won't stop doubting untill they put out some decent songs. So far GH3 has RB outgunned, and it sucks to say that, Considering RB has more features.

I had high hopes for Rock Band, and I'm sad to say that GH3 will probably outsell RB 2 to 1.
    edited August 2007
    it's been said that the RB bundle will end up cheaper than expected

i don't really see why it would be considered only by the hardcore. unless hardcore means smart. hundreds more songs and 2 more instruments. its not even an argument. plus, gh3 has announced 3x more songs than RB. there's no reason to start doubting until you see at least half the setlist.
    edited August 2007
    I know how the PR machine works, and I know that game developers love to promise the world to us, and then underdeliver. If they're promising the same caliber stuff that GH is announcing right now as DLC, then I'm not worried. But I just have a bad feeling about the stuff that is going to be licensed for album DLC.
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30422 said:
    I know how the PR machine works, and I know that game developers love to promise the world to us, and then underdeliver. If they're promising the same caliber stuff that GH is announcing right now as DLC, then I'm not worried. But I just have a bad feeling about the stuff that is going to be licensed for album DLC.
    You also have to remember that it's not Harmonix that dropped the ball on DL content before. We KNOW how Activision fares in this area, we still don't know how Harmonix will.

Personally, I like both setlists so far, but the drums and singing still put RB a bit ahead of GH3 right now.
  • no_direction_homeno_direction_home Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    you ever wonder what there saying on the guitar hero 3 forum about rockband .....?
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;30382 said:
    I started doubting Rock Band when they announced "Nevermind" as the second downloadable album. I won't stop doubting untill they put out some decent songs.

have you even listened to Nevermind? great album.

man, you confuse me, you act like Mr. Metal despite sporting a haircut thats the next step up from a buzz cut.
    edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;30530 said:
    have you even listened to Nevermind? great album.

man, you confuse me, you act like Mr. Metal despite sporting a haircut thats the next step up from a buzz cut.
    Yeah, it's a crazy world we live in. And I did listen to Nevermind. About a hundred times back when I was 11 years old.
    edited August 2007
    oh snap, busting out the whole "I'm too mature to listen to that ****" crap. yeah, I listened to Superunknown daily when I was 11 and I still love it to this day. I doubt you'd even give a **** if one of the lesser known songs from Nevermind came on the radio.

cant wait to play Stay away, one of my favourite Nirvana songs.
    edited August 2007
    Oh, I'm not too mature to listen to anything. Don't be all hostile dude. I'm just saying some things you get tired of after a while.
    edited August 2007
    who is getting hostile, dude? not me. my point is that I listened to that stuff to death 13 years ago, since then I've listened to plenty other albums that arent Nevermind and Superunknown and can still go back and listen to them to this day and not get tired of them.

but as it turns out Badmotorfinger was a way better album than Superunknown so I was wrong all that time. as for Nirvana, Bleach is my favourite album by them but Nevermind is an awesome album in its own right, I'll just be sure to skip Smells Like Teen Spirit all the time because I hate that song.
    edited August 2007
    DokkenIsntRockin;30538 said:
    oh snap, busting out the whole "I'm too mature to listen to that ****" crap. yeah, I listened to Superunknown daily when I was 11 and I still love it to this day. I doubt you'd even give a **** if one of the lesser known songs from Nevermind came on the radio.

cant wait to play Stay away, one of my favourite Nirvana songs.
    All he said was that he loved it when he was 11 years old. He could've been burned out on it, got bored of it, or simply forgot about it. He never said anything about being too mature for it.
    edited August 2007
    no_direction_home;30477 said:
    you ever wonder what there saying on the guitar hero 3 forum about rockband .....?
    Yeah. Especially after the songs they unveiled that are in RB.

I want a forum specifically for these fanboys to take cheap shots at each other.

Because in the decling American culture anger = entertainment!
    edited August 2007
    edited August 2007
    I found it a fitting title. Anger being predominantly one of many emotions that I felt upon listening to it. The others being, sadness, disappointment, hate, misery, pain, hopelessness, and grief.