What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• topdrawer said:

LoopyChew said:

Three episodes in to Luke Cage. Pretty good - the music is fantastic.

Yup. Pacing loses its way a bit after episode seven but overall I was happy with it.
    I heard the second half was better than the first
    Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. Seeing as I liked intrapersonal dynamics, I feel like there were things in the first half that meshed much better than things in the second half.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Tried the Continuum pilot. Enjoyed it, hoping it holds up.
  • Designated Survivor is enjoyable so far.

Westworld is strange, but I love the premise and can't wait to see more
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    edited October 2016
    I'm also getting into designated survivor. when I see shows like that I wonder just how true some of it is.

edit:

also caught the first episode of the third season of the flash, and they are really messing things up for him this year.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited October 2016
    Halt and Catch Fire season 3 finale was a pleasant surprise; awesome season overall. It was renewed for a 4th and final season. happy AMC is letting us get a conclusion to the series.

Designated Survivor had a packed episode this week. It's getting good
    Legends of Tomorrow started off great this season!

Really excited for the villains this time around! [Spoiler] certainly knows how to make an entrance!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Westworld on HBO

4 episodes in and i don't know a damn thing about it. even if i like it or not.
    Tried the Dirk Gently pilot. Enjoyed it.
  • The Season 6 finale of My Little Pony was really fun. But really any episode with Discord in it is a treat
    I don't watch, but the venue I did for his song was the raddest thing I ever did for Rock Band.
  • calloy said:

Westworld on HBO

4 episodes in and i don't know a damn thing about it. even if i like it or not.

I find Westworld fascinating and quite enjoy it. Its a show you will definetly have to rewatch when it concludes to see all the pieces come together. In terms of style and risk, there's nothing like it and is an incredible breath of freah air in a cookie cutter tv world.
  • I'm just gonna post the song from this week's "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and leave it here. It's glorious.

• just watched the episode black Friday from the tv series superstore. the last 10 minutes of that episode is pretty much what I deal with almost every day. lol
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    edited January 2
    Im watching the magicians and i really dont like quentin
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I read the first book and I agree. I hear the show isn't all that similar to the book, though it sounds like they kept that part, he is troubled and makes bad choices and maybe just plain isn't a good person. Though there are a lot of troubled people in that world. Or they are just plain Trouble.

My wife read the whole series and is convinced it's all a metaphor for being a confused teenager dealing with depression. Well, that kind of makes sense to me, and I definitely don't want to relieve the horror of that experience so no thanks to more books / the show!

She won't watch the show because she read that the characters are all older than in the book and that totally wrecks the theme of how confusing it is to be a teenager. People at that age have different brains, they act in seemingly insane ways, making bad choices and afterwards they can't explain why they did it. So awkward.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    hmm. i can see how the characters would make more sense if they were teenagers and i can see the metaphors for dealing with depression. but to people that don't deal with depression it's mostly a drag and i've seen better efforts in this category like Babadook or Melancholia. they do include suicide and depression hotlines at the end of some episodes so it all makes sense.

as teenagers, i could just laugh at their dumb decisions and enjoy the ride. as adults, i want to choke them.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited January 9
    I shotgunned the One Day at a Time Netflix remake. I liked it a lot and, as I don't have many memories of the original, thought it stood out on its own.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I watched the first 3 episodes of "The OA" on Netflix the other day; at this point I'm on the fence but not sure if I'll finish the series. I'm getting some new-agey mysticism vibes and have a feeling I'll ultimately be disappointed if/when the mysteries get resolved. I also find the storyteller/audience aspect a little... awkward.
  • nuttzo31nuttzo31 Opening Act
    Shut Eye.

I liked it alot.
    still waiting on rick and morty season 3
    I liked the Sherlock season(maybe series) finale.
    Holy fork the Good Place finale.
    I actually enjoyed the Riverdale pilot. And it's streaming on Netflix Switzerland which makes for easy access.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    Finished Jessica Jones, then started and finished Luke Cage this week.

I should have done this sooner. So good. Cannot wait for Iron Fist
    I should really give LC a go sometime. I loved Jessica Jones and Daredevil.

Going to wait till the off-season though, I'd be burned out. Already watching Legends of Tomorrow, Flash, Agents of Shield, and Supergirl.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I sort-of know one of the Hunters on "Hunted" (CBS). It's not the kind of show I would watch ordinarily but I am enjoying it so far.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    LoopyChew said:

I actually enjoyed the Riverdale pilot. And it's streaming on Netflix Switzerland which makes for easy access.

We got it on Canadian Netflix as well, and I agree that it was a lot better than it could have been for a CW series. I've wanted to see an Archie adaptation (either TV or film) for a long time, and I hope it doesn't sink too low into melodrama. I'll definitely watch the rest of the season. It's weird that I have the hots for Miss Grundy though.
    I don't think anyone else here watches Jane the Virgin, but wow, that was a hell of an episode.
    LoopyChew said:

I don't think anyone else here watches Jane the Virgin, but wow, that was a hell of an episode.

my wife actually does, she loves it

• bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    Michael Bolton's Big Sexy Valentine's Day Special on Netflix was delightful.