What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• Looking forward to the start of the new season of "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" on Sunday, and also a show about Zombies, Tigers, and Jeffery Dean Morgan's character hitting people in the head with a barb wired bat.
  • If you're not watching "The Expanse", then you should be.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    Season 5 of The Americans premieres tonight and I am super duper excited.

Also, Legion is the best new show I've seen in quite some time.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    just started watching the white rabbit project on Netflix. very interesting series, and its nice to see the mythbusters assistants getting work.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    I've been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia lately and loving it. I recently saw the episode where they go to the Jersey Shore and it's probably my favorite.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    It's Always Sunny is addictive and very rewatchable.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I've been watching (I'm like eight episodes in) Atelier on Netflix. Despite being about the workings of a made-to-order lingerie shop, it's incredibly innocent tone-wise, and relentlessly upbeat. Also the main actress played Maya Fey in the Ace Attorney live-action movie. I'm looking forward to finishing this one off.
  • Getting through the first episode of the new season of "Into The Badlands". It's pretty good so far though it took me a little while to remember what happened to the characters between the end of season 1 and this point (it took nearly 2 years between seasons being released).
    Grace and Frankie Season 3 on Netflix. If you haven't watched the show, do so; it's wonderful and everyone has this fantastic chemistry with one another.
    was so surprised today to be watching cartoon network and all of the sudden the first episode of season 3 of rick and morty starts playing, funny things happen on april fools day
    Was just dropping by to mention Rick and Morty season 3 premiere. It was playing from like 6pm midnight back to back on cartoon network. I saw it 4 times. It was glorious.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I was never exposed to Rick and Morty until people started shouting "Dicks out 'till Rick's Out" over the last several months, so I am a little out of touch with what is 'hip' these days. My boys only watch kids and developmental baby stuff, while my wife watches drivel so that only leaves little screen time for ol' dad (me) and at that point, I'd rather just play vids.

BUT, I started the most recently released (via Netflix) season of Archer. Still digging that program
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited April 5
    Feud is good. backstabbing catfights turn out to be pretty fun to watch
    edited April 17
    The Leftovers season 3 premiere was fantastic. Sad that one of the best shows on TV is ending, though.
  • MST3K Netflix revival kinda snuck up on me but I watched the first six episodes of the new season and it's just as good as it ever was.
  • Really getting into Silicon Valley. Finished up season 1 and now starting season 2.

Really getting into Silicon Valley. Finished up season 1 and now starting season 2.

It's a good show and it's sad that Peter Gregory's actor passed away during the filming of Season 1.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    "American Gods" on Starz. Did you read the book? I think you'll like it ... you might even love it. Are you completely unfamiliar with the source material? You will be confused. And you're supposed to be, at first. If the style resonates with you, maybe you'll discover something amazing? It's hard to say. Top level cast [it seems lots of stars were big fans of the book and were eager to take part]. Distinctive vision [created by Bryan Fuller, who brought us "Hannibal" and "Pushing Daisies" and "Wonderfalls"]. If you already subscribe to Starz, you should check it out. I added a subscription to Starz to my Amazon Prime Video account (free 7 day trial) specially to be able to watch this.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Haven't read the book but loved the primer. It featured Bill Murry's brother being... well... I don't even know if I can say it here let alone spoilers. :p
    don't know why I waited so long but I just started watching arrow, never really been much of a dc guy but the story on this show is captivating
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

don't know why I waited so long but I just started watching arrow, never really been much of a dc guy but the story on this show is captivating

Have fun with the first two seasons!
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    i watched part of American Gods. production looks and sounds a lot like Hannibal which is good. The dialog is also kind of similar with lots of metaphors and very stylized. it's also bizarre as f. i think i'm gonna love it.

the last episode of Silicon Valley was gold.

"American Gods" on Starz. Did you read the book? I think you'll like it ... you might even love it. Are you completely unfamiliar with the source material? You will be confused. And you're supposed to be, at first. If the style resonates with you, maybe you'll discover something amazing? It's hard to say. Top level cast [it seems lots of stars were big fans of the book and were eager to take part]. Distinctive vision [created by Bryan Fuller, who brought us "Hannibal" and "Pushing Daisies" and "Wonderfalls"]. If you already subscribe to Starz, you should check it out. I added a subscription to Starz to my Amazon Prime Video account (free 7 day trial) specially to be able to watch this.

I read the book way back when so I remember a lot of the larger beats, but it's been so long that I'd forgotten a lot of it. Including...

Haven't read the book but loved the primer. It featured Bill Murry's brother being... well... I don't even know if I can say it here let alone spoilers. :p

...amazingly, that scene is right out of the book, and I was astounded at its execution.

Have fun with the first two seasons!
    And the fifth.

I wonder if the third and fourth work better in marathon form, the way Korra season 2 did.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I finished up Season 7 of Archer, on Netflix.

I woke up my wife with all my giggling - I love that show
    Archer is fantastic. Two more weeks until the Season 8 finale, then one more season to go.
  • Just started Black Mirror and... HOLY **** that **** **** me up!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I am addicted to Girlboss and Sense8 (was previously addicted to Sense8 during the Season 1 era) currently. The Bill Nye show on Netflix is pretty awesome too if you used to watch his show LOL
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Finished Iron Fist. It certainly had its issues, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I did like the direction they went though. Normally in stories like this, you'd get an unrealistic, disconnected Kung-Fu master, but they actually made the characterization seem realistic. Ten year old boy suffers intense trauma, gets physically abused for fifteen years while repressing all of his emotions? Of course he's going to have severe developmental issues and be terrible at social interaction.