What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I thought Jack found Aku in the shower; his defeat and all the events of the previous season being revealed as a bad dream of Jack's .
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Praise be, Sense8 is getting a two-hour finale special.
  • At least it can wrap up.
  • Binge watched season one of Stranger Things.
    Felt sad when the monster died but was also rooting for the nerdy kids to win verses the shady government types.

I will be looking forward to season 2.
  • LoopyChew said:

Agreed. Totally rekindled my love for Netflix.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

now if they did the same for Bloodline i'd be happy. that ending left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Got around to binging GLOW (the new Netflix series, not the show it's based on). Incredibly entertaining.
    LoopyChew said:

Got around to binging GLOW (the new Netflix series, not the show it's based on). Incredibly entertaining.

agreed!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Finished 30 Rock. Good stuff.
    Finished Luke Cage, so I'm all caught up for Defenders!

Watching GLOW in the meantime.

Finished Luke Cage, so I'm all caught up for Defenders!

Watching GLOW in the meantime.

I'm half way in - still need to tackle Iron Fist. I was a little soft on the Luke Cage series at first, but it picked up, and I like how they are relating it back to the comics.

and I really like how Jacob Vargas (Domingo Colon) portrays his character.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The way I hear it, you should just go directly to The Defenders, unless you're a completionist, in which case there's nothing I can say that will convince you.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I don't regret having watched through Iron Fist, but that's really the best I can say about it.
  • I feel like I am in the minority, since I really liked Iron Fist... It was by no means the best Marvel Netflix thing, but it was way better than Daredevil season 2, and I would say about equal to Luke Cage
    edited August 18
    I've skipped over Iron Fist for the time being and I didn't feel lost for The Defenders, at least in Episode 1.

But I think anyone who hasn't watched Daredevil Season 2 might be a bit confused about the end of that episode.
    I never got to a point in Iron Fist where I really liked the show, but I did grow to appreciate a lot of it.

I was turned off at first because Danny's such a condescending ass, but I realized his personality was actually the logical conclusion. There's a lot of deconstruction to the Kung-Fu tropes; they make it clear that his rigorous training was essentially physical and emotional abuse. He's a priviliged kid who experiences a massive trauma early on and represses it through meditation, which is absolutely toxic to his psyche, meaning he's spent years broken and getting worse, rather than confronting his emotions and healing. It's no wonder he's a massive jerk when he first shows up.

I haven't started Defenders yet, but I'm hoping Luke can help ground him (and conversely, having a mentee is going to help Luke open up)
  • edited August 19
    Yeah you really need to see them all to follow Defenders. You'd probably be able to keep up without Luke Cage and Jess Jones but why would you want to? Those were the best ones.
    Yeah, I'm only three episodes in so far, but it seems like the two worst seasons (Daredevil S2 and Iron Fist S1) are going to be the most plot critical, so you might as well watch them all.
    Okay, I have to say I really enjoyed it! I'd put Defenders 3rd overall, behind Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones S1.

No spoilers, but I thought they did a great job of giving them solid character development, to the point where I'm actually not dreading S2 of Iron Fist.
    well, that sounds like I need to marathon the back half Luke Cage. then Iron Fist, just so I can keep current with you all
    As a warning, the back half of Luke Cage is not great.

I'll probably try Iron Fist sooner rather than later.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    Just finished Defenders last night, very enjoyable. A couple minor complaints:

- I didn't think casting of Sigourney Weaver fit the role very well, and her scenes fell a little flat for me
    - That fight scene in last episode with the rap music background seemed really poorly edited. I could tell what they were trying to do with it but it REALLY didn't work.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    i just finished The Defenders and the iron fist guy is just insufferable. and i don't think it's the actor's fault, danny is just dumb as **** and his super power is also lame. i had the same idea as stick from the getgo and was rooting for his head to be cut off.

jessica jones power also suffers with the presence of luke cage. like what is the point of her. luke is continuously portrayed as stronger than she is, plus he is bullet proof.

overall everyone's abilities get very confused and are way too inconsistent. iron fist punches through concrete walls but can't even break elektra's nose. jessica jones gets thrown around like a muppet. dare devil is a better skilled fighter than iron fist, and luke cage can't act.

and the rap music during that fight scene was godawful.

aside from that, daredevil is the most charasmatic of the bunch and can't wait for season 3. overall enjoyable show despite it's many flaws. and i really hope the hand is over and done with, i'm so tired of them.

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I know I'm not normally on here, I tend to get my sticky hands all over other parts of the forum, but there's barely a Witticus branded fingerprint or DNA sample here, so you know its important.

Bojack season 4 was incredible, like way too good. Like it just sealed itself as one of the best TV shows ever. It was dark and uplifting and unlike the other season finale's didn't have me feeling like garbage afterwards. Just go watch it of give the series a chance if you haven't. I don't want to spoil just how good this series is.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    i actually just started binge watching supergirl. its not bad.
    I watched up through the second episode of Bojack, I'm going to need to give it a little time before I proceed.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    It really is a show that worked its way up from the bottom. The 2, 3, 4th have a 100% rating while the first has like a 60%. Once you get past the initial meh, it becomes one of the best.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    I'll second that it gets better.

While it had a lot of heart it also has a great sense of irreverence.

And... one of the most "oh my god I can't believe they just went there" musical numbers I've ever seen in season 3.
    Witticus said:

It really is a show that worked its way up from the bottom. The 2, 3, 4th have a 100% rating while the first has like a 60%. Once you get past the initial meh, it becomes one of the best.

Oh, sorry, I meant S4E2. I saw the first 3 seasons before. I'm just not ready to continue the season right now. It's good, but I have to put other shows in between Bojack episodes.
  • Oh, youre one of those TV watching traditionalists.