What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

Oh, youre one of those TV watching traditionalists.

No, Bojack is just emotionally draining and unbingeable for me.
    So it turns out only S4E2, S4E11, and the Carolyn episode were the emotional ones I was expecting of Bojack! I'm really happy with the note the season ended on.

It was an amazing season. I love how they've shifted away from how miserable Bojack's life is to showing how everyone on the show is broken. There are obvious signs in earlier season, but they didn't get the full spotlight before.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 30
    Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Watch The Good Place. We're only two/three episodes in the second season (the first one was a two-parter, so make your call there) and it's been a wild ride and hilarious as hell.

The first season is on Netflix (and Season 2 is streaming on Netflix outside of the US/Canada), so get to it.
  • So I finished the pilot for Marvel's Inhumans. That was certainly a thing that was broadcast on television.
    LoopyChew said:

So I finished the pilot for Marvel's Inhumans. That was certainly a thing that was broadcast on television.

That bad, eh?

I take I can completely ignore it and be just fine with AoS?
  • LoopyChew said:

So I finished the pilot for Marvel's Inhumans. That was certainly a thing that was broadcast on television.

I saw it in IMAX.

LoopyChew said:

That bad, eh?

I take I can completely ignore it and be just fine with AoS?
    Somehow the pilot has made me sympathetic for the bad guy played by Ramsey Bolton. They had to give him a "conquer Earth" plot in order to make him the antagonist, otherwise he'd be perfectly in the right.

LoopyChew said:

I saw it in IMAX.
    I'm so, so sorry.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    edited October 2
    I also saw the inhuman premier on tv and Im curious as to where they will go with it. I haven't written it off yet, unlike zoo.....
    I'll probably continue watching it for completion's sakes. While I normally associate Scott Buck with Dexter Season 8, he did in fact also do Dexter Season 7, so it's not like he's ONLY done horrible dreck.
    The Gifted pilot is free on iTunes. It's pretty to look at for its budget and it has Amy Acker as a non-mutant. Little sad about that latter part. However, I found it a bit more fun than Inhumans, and it has a better chemistry between the heroes and the villains.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

The Gifted pilot is free on iTunes. It's pretty to look at for its budget and it has Amy Acker as a non-mutant. Little sad about that latter part. However, I found it a bit more fun than Inhumans, and it has a better chemistry between the heroes and the villains.

I agree, and I was a little surprised to see Polaris with black hair instead of her trademark green hair
    Okay, pilot had potential, but I'm not feeling the tv-budget-CGI dog.
    Also whenever I hear Maximus I just think of a horse, which isn't great for taking a villain seriously.

Also whenever I hear Maximus I just think of a horse, which isn't great for taking a villain seriously.

In theory it's also Russell Crowe's eponymous Gladiator, but yeah, Maximus isn't really a great name per se. I'm assuming that's his canon name, though.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Why do people think of Maximus as a horse? The first and only association in my mind is Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator.
    edited October 6
    razor63 said:

Why do people think of Maximus as a horse? The first and only association in my mind is Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator.

Clearly you haven't watched Tangled. TB49 was just talking about how it was one of his favorite movies in one of the other threads.
  • edited October 6
    Gifted was pretty good. Inhumans... Not so much.

Excited for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin to start back up next week
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I still have hopes for the return of Mr. Robot next week, even if it jumped every shark it could in season 2.
  • Watched "The Opposition with Jordan Klepper" the other night. It tries to hard to be the Colbert Report but isn't as good.
  • topdrawertopdrawer Opening Act
    i've been watching Dark Matter. it's almost good, it just has that certain SyFy shellack that leaves a bad taste.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

razor63 said:

Clearly you haven't watched Tangled. TB49 was just talking about how it was one of his favorite movies in one of the other threads.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, I've seen less Pixar Disney Animation than I probably should have.
  • razor63 said:

LoopyChew said:

razor63 said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, I've seen less Pixar Disney Animation than I probably should have.
    Don't feel bad, neither have I.
    I rarely go and see the newest Pixar or Disney movies. With that said Inside Out was fantastic and one of the best they've done in years.
    LoopyChew said:

In theory it's also Russell Crowe's eponymous Gladiator, but yeah, Maximus isn't really a great name per se. I'm assuming that's his canon name, though.
    Yeah, past that I'm definitely thinking of gladiators. It's certainly not a name that works well in modern settings.

razor63 said:

LoopyChew said:

razor63 said:

Don't feel bad, neither have I.
    I rarely go and see the newest Pixar or Disney movies. With that said Inside Out was fantastic and one of the best they've done in years.
    Pixar hasn't really been up to their par since Toy Story 3 (except for Inside Out, which you mentioned), but I think every Disney film 2010 onwards has been fantastic. I'd say they're more consistent than they were even back in the 90s.
    edited October 11
    I’ve watched about half the first season of Great News. Not only does it scratch my 30 Rock itch, I also have a giant crush on Briga Heelan and basically laugh at anything I’ve seen John Michael Higgins in, so it all works out.

EDIT: Oh wow, Briga Heelan is married to and has a daughter with the guy who plays Father Brah on CXGF. I didn't think Father Brah could be any more awesome, but apparently I was wrong.