What were the last TV shows you watched?

Comments

• Strangely

Starting to binge watch Parks & Recreation.

Meaning you got through the first five episodes, I assume. The show starts inching closer to what it actually becomes around episode six and kicks into high gear as of Season Two.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Crisis on Earth X! Very good, much better than expected.
  • That was fantastic through and through.
  • I didn't like what they did with stein but understand why. also didn't like the 2nd wedding. kinda seemed hijacked.
  • I didn't like what they did with stein but understand why. also didn't like the 2nd wedding. kinda seemed hijacked.

I was thinking that, but both weddings were kinda last-minute. It'd be one thing if it were in the middle of an actual wedding ceremony, but considering neither wedding was planned in that manner, not to mention all parties being wed had just come from a giant battle against alternate dimension Nazis, it's not a call I'm firmly against.
    Plus, there's no way I could handle any more wedding drama on Arrow.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Game of Thrones ruined me for wedding drama.
  • Game of Thrones ruined me for wedding drama.

Now weddings are not fun without several deaths and fighting.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Depends on the kind of wedding... :D
  • Wildcat15 said:

Isn't that one of the first things we learned in GoT? "A wedding without at least three deaths is considered a dull affair?"
  • Also, I watched all of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel this weekend. You may know of my penchant for mile-a-minute dialogue and so anything involving Amy Sherman-Palladino automatically becomes a thing I have to watch.

This was great and scratches that itch very satisfyingly.
  • LoopyChew said:

Wildcat15 said:

Isn't that one of the first things we learned in GoT? "A wedding without at least three deaths is considered a dull affair?"
    So that's where it comes from...
  • Jean-Claude Van Johnson (Amazon Prime)
    It's so dumb but so help me I find myself laughing. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived.
  • Jean-Claude Van Johnson (Amazon Prime)
    It's so dumb but so help me I find myself laughing. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived.

I'm planning on watching that soon; it looks fantastic. I'm a fan of metahumor and this looks like it has loads.
    Person of Interest S2! Really like where this is going, and Root is such a nice foil to Harold

Olaf's Frozen Adventure - Meh! Exactly what I expected from a network television Christmas special. At least the callbacks weren't as bad as Frozen Fever.
  • Starting to devour the Amazon Prime originals. Jean-Claude Van Johnson was funnier than it had any right to be, and I've watched the first four episodes of The Tick. So happy to have both of those in my life.
  • ive been watching the new season of the grand tour. can't wait for the episode where they race muscle cars down a snowy mountain.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    The Good Place is back! The Good Place is back! The Good Place is back!
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    been watching the librarians, that show reminds me of warehouse 13. I really miss that show.
    By coincidence, I've been rewatching Leverage, by the same crew behind The Librarians. The DVDs come with episode commentary for every episode, which has been fun.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    edited January 11
    Leverage had it's flaws but I still enjoyed it; I particularly remember liking the episode with the competing team (S2E7 "The Two Live Crew Job").

I found The Librarians to be kinda dumb, but fun.

We've now started watching the second season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. "Based on" the books by Douglas Adams, but actually VERY different. The S2E1 felt very disjointed to me, but 2 episodes later it has come together a bit more.
    I like the show much more than the book, but I've yet to start S2.
    We have 2 episodes of S2 still to watch; at this point I'm enjoying it even more than S1. Bonus points for a (smallish) role with Alan Tudyk hamming it up.
    I really liked the Black Lightning premiere (technically not a pilot; I wonder if the original pilot will ever come to light?), but I found it amusing that, after all the black music cues (Nina Simone, Marvin Gaye, etc.), the big fight scene the show was building up to was set to Lazaretto, a song by a man so white it's his name.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    bclewis said:

We have 2 episodes of S2 still to watch; at this point I'm enjoying it even more than S1. Bonus points for a (smallish) role with Alan Tudyk hamming it up.

Alan Tudyk plays a small role in "The Tick", I didn't notice while I was watching but it's so obvious in retrospect.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Have y'all seen Tudyk's webseries "Con Man"? Very funny stuff.

Alan Tudyk plays a small role in "The Tick", I didn't notice while I was watching but it's so obvious in retrospect.

I probably wouldn't have noticed, but I watched it with my partner who has an uncanny ability to recognize voices.

I did enjoy The Tick, and thought Peter Serafinowicz did a decent job ... but I'm not sure anyone can ever do better than Patrick Warburton in that role.
  • Just finished up watching Masters Of None. That last episode of season 2 was very uncomfortable to watch with what was going on in Aziz Ansari's real life.

Just finished up watching Masters Of None. That last episode of season 2 was very uncomfortable to watch with what was going on in Aziz Ansari's real life.

It was uncomfortable to watch even before that, believe me.
  • The content of that episode already would've been uncomfortable and a very jolting change of pace from the rest of that series up to that point. The aspects of what was happening in Aziz Ansari in real life made it that much more uncomfortable.

Also, Went through the entire series of Sense8. Man that was an addicting show with good compelling characters and could be the best thing the Wachowski's ever made.