Horror Movies

Sometimes I hate sundays. I dont know what to do. So I am watching many horrormovies. I love them. I like movies like Grave Encounters or the Blair Witch Project. Do you have an idea of another movies ? Sorry if my english is not sooo good :D Im from germany and love to watch movies in english :

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Harmonix General is for Harmonix announcements, where as the Off Topic forum is for whatever you wanna talk about. :)
  • edited April 2015
    hello, i have viewed your problem seriously, and i am sorry about that i can not answe what you have talked, i just care about your dental health.our site (REMOVED BY MODERATOR) provides the latest, promotional and inexpensive products for you, in addition, the products are various, such as Root Canal, Pulse Oximeter, ultrasonic jewellery cleaner and so on, welcome to buy,and we will give you a discount if you buy more,shopping free!!!!!!

(MOD EDIT - I had to leave the rest, its too funny)
  • How can you possibly buy a root canal over the internet? I mean, I was in all the way until I saw the root canal bit.
    Come on you crazy spammers, get real.
  • I know this thread's been inactive for a while, but...

Cannibal Holocaust is a good horror movie that used the famous The Blair Witch Project "found footage" gimmick 19 years before TBWP.

Ravenous is another favourite of mine. It has a good atmosphere, awesome soundtrack, and is pretty gory while retaining a dark sense of humor.

The Mist is quite scary, but the CGI is a little bit dated. If a remake of it was made, which was basically identical, except with much better CGI, I would be all over that. Some people kinda got annoyed over the ending... I didn't really mind, though I completely understand why people would be bothered by it.

The Cabin in the Woods has some quite scary moments, it also has some decent humor and some cool twists in being partially an ode to other horror films.
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a good disturbing one that can also be read as a anti-meat industry art film; comparing the slaughtering of animals to what it would look like if humans were involved. Raw and powerful

Saw is a mix of psychological and gory horror with high octane thriller elements to create a movie structured like a jigsaw where the more you watch the more pieces are put together. Not as scary as some of the others, but very thrilling still and in my opinion the best movie ever made

The Conjuring is a spooky paranormal horror flick that does atmosphere and pacing between tension and scares extremely well, using jumpscares not as a crutch but as a tool. Very well made

Dead Snow is a great horror comedy that starts off as a standard zombie movie and gradually get more and more ludicrous as the movie goes on, while still managing to throw in some genuinely scary moments on the way. Just be sure to watch it with English subtitles and not English dubbing, the dub is apparently really bad

There also exists two Norwegian spoof/homage films to Blair Witch, one called Kurt Josef Waggle & Legenden om Fjordheksa (directed by the same guy who did Dead Snow) and one called The Troll Hunter. I like both so thought I would mention them existing, though they are more comedies than horror
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a good disturbing one that can also be read as a anti-meat industry art film; comparing the slaughtering of animals to what it would look like if humans were involved. Raw and powerful[2]

There also exists two Norwegian spoof/homage films to Blair Witch, one called Kurt Josef Waggle & Legenden om Fjordheksa (directed by the same guy who did Dead Snow) and one called The Troll Hunter. I like both so thought I would mention them existing, though they are more comedies than horror[1]

1.)Yeah, when I saw a preview for that movie Troll Hunter it looked like a great, interesting, and funny 'mockumentary' to me. To my disappointment, after checking Netflix for it, not finding it, then looking up some info on it online; I found out it had been removed from my country's specific Netflix library only some three months before I discovered the preview for it. I still haven't seen it, but I think in the next few weeks I'll try to find a way to watch it, even if it means ordering a DVD/Blu-Ray of it from Amazon.

That disappointing situation also happened to me when I wanted to see the infamous horribly cheesy horror movie Troll 2, and since I was feeling particularly extravagant on my trip to one of the dvd/video stores found in a local mall, and discovered they actually had a copy of it for only $22.00... I decided to get it, and actually felt it was just about worth it. I mean, $22 dollars really isn't too much for a movie that's guaranteed to be good, but I normally wouldn't spend anything over $12 for a definite B-movie. Luckily, its horrible 'cheese' actually made it quite enjoyable, and quite deserving of the "best worst movie" title it's acquired over the years.

2.)Hmm, I've not seen that movie, but I've heard a lot about it over the years, but it being a film with an underlying anti-meat industry theme never crossed my mind, though I can definitely imagine it having that, given the things I've heard about it.

I'm actually Vegan, and I often find media with an underlying message on issues dealing with such things to be interesting, so I'll probably check TCM out quite soon. However, I think that probably one of the most shocking, powerful, and raw films that's gotten people to question their lifestyle/consumer habits is the documentary from 2005 called Earthlings, which is essentially a horror movie completely based in reality, which details the various ways in which animals have been abusively manipulated by mankind.
  • I like 28 days later game. I like this horror movie. I think you should watch this movie too.
  • i see horror movie.. really nice one.
  • i see horror movie.. really nice one.
    laptop123 said:

i see horror movie.. really nice one.

Well, tell us about it!
  • dracula 2 his name.. you can see then share with me.
  • any other horror movie recommendations?
  • KalypsoKalypso Unsigned
    The Shining! Great horror movie and has stood the test of time...
    "Before I Wake" is surprisingly really good. I expected it to be very goofy, what with a premise about a boy whose dreams literally come true. But it turned out to be actually rather good and thought provoking, and had a lot of atmospheric horror, as opposed to just cheap jumpscares (though the movie does feature a few well-timed scares at the end as well). I highly recommend it, I feel it's very underrated.