Harmonix Blog: RockBand.com Content Has Moved

Comments

• LaalaaLaalaa Unsigned
    What do we want LEADERBOARDS, when do we want them? RIGHT AWAY! laalaalaaalaalaa
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Does this mean RB3 profile linking isn't possible anymore?
  • LaalaaLaalaa Unsigned
    ....and rockbandscore.com hasn't updated my drum scores since 22nd July.
  • I realize that there isn't any real Rock Band money rolling into the HMX coffers anymore, and I really do appreciate you guys keeping the doors open and the lights on for as long as you have. And I know that I'm just being a selfish obsessive gamer when I whine about the apparent shutdown of the API/rockbandscores.com - but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Please consider bringing it back! If nothing else, I was slowly acquiring all of the DLC/RBN that I don't have yet - which amounts to at least a few bucks in your pockets. Without the ability to see my progress (and I use the term loosely), chances are that I'll lose interest and quit spending what little money I have on this quest. I'm also willing to chip in some ducats directly if it would help, After 8 years (starting with GH2 on the PS2), I still have a great passion for this game, but part of that passion is fed by the leaderboards on rockbandscores.com - so help us (me!) out if you can work it into the budget! Thanks.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    Well, I am sad to see all the features from the old rockband site have disappeared.

Please, please, please at least make it so rockbandscores.com is able to grab the new scores. I checked my gameplay pretty much after any rock out session. I can deal with that being gone (but im still sad about), just please let me be able to check my scores from rockbandscores.com.

• I just wanted to let you guys know that we are listening to all the feedback you've given so far, and we're looking forward to re-implementing comments when the bug is fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    HMXchristine

Forget blog comments. Forget forums. The forums don't matter much at all, considering that at this point at least, Rock Band is inactive. The only important part of the Rock Band site was the My Gameplay and the leaderboards. At least fix the API so even if you think the My Gameplay and leaderboards don't matter, other people will still have access to them.

I'm sorry if I'm not being civil enough. I'm trying to be. But I remember when Guitar Hero changed to the Guitar Hero Hub and destroyed everything that made Guitar Hero Community meaningful. It was the incident that turned me away from GH and on to RB exclusively. I don't want the same thing to happen here. I love the game too much.
  • The leader boards feature was the main thing keeping me in the game 4-6 nights a week. Still buying DLC 3-4 times a month, but without the leader boards site, I don't know how much longer this will keep my interest. Please figure this out, I've got a family of rockers, four guitars, regular drums, pro drums, two mic's and the keyboard. Be my hero!
  • Forget blog comments. Forget forums. The forums don't matter much at all, considering that at this point at least, Rock Band is inactive. The only important part of the Rock Band site was the My Gameplay and the leaderboards.

While I agree that it'd be nice to have the API back for the leaderboard players, please don't say "forget the forums, they're not important." Of all the things I do with RB, the forums are where I spend most of my time, and being told that the part of the community I enjoy most is irrelevant is unpleasant.
  • It is integral to the spirit of the game and to the competitive aspect of Rockband, to be able to see one's own improvement and how we measure to our fellow players. Please restore the leaderboards! & My Gameplay feed if possible. At the very least, allow the scores to upload to rockbandscores site feed so that we have an alternative? thanks for listening Christine and Henry.
  • LaalaaLaalaa Unsigned
    Im learning pro drums and try to play a couple of hours every night. I used to like looking at rockbandscores.dom because it showed how much Ive improved/learned. Please restore the leaderboards Harmonix. Thank you.
  • TheParkerBros360TheParkerBros360 Unsigned
    edited August 2014
    LoopyChew said:

Forget blog comments. Forget forums. The forums don't matter much at all, considering that at this point at least, Rock Band is inactive. The only important part of the Rock Band site was the My Gameplay and the leaderboards.

While I agree that it'd be nice to have the API back for the leaderboard players, please don't say "forget the forums, they're not important." Of all the things I do with RB, the forums are where I spend most of my time, and being told that the part of the community I enjoy most is irrelevant is unpleasant.
    He didn't mean to literally disown the forums.
    He meant what most of us are probably thinking right now.
    "Why are you worried about such a small issue like 'blog comments' when you just eliminated the entire leaderboard for your games?"

It's like having your engine go out in your car and you are worried about replacing that one tire that seems a bit old.

Priorities.

What I still can not fathom is why in the world they decided to delete Rockband.com and not leave it up along with this site until they had the means to actually transfer it properly.
  • I'd like to point out that, quite literally, he said, "the forums don't matter, the ONLY IMPORTANT PART of the Rock Band site are the leaderboards and My Gameplay."

I love RB and love playing it, and I can't say I don't miss leaderboards and gameplay tracking, but as a player more interested in community than competition, the RB forums are still my priority.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I don't see the point in arguing over issues that can't be resolved. A lot of people hang out here in the forums, and rarely play the game any more, but they love this community, and who can blame them. Then there are the hardcore players, that live for those high scores. Those leaderboards are critical to their pleasure and enjoyment. I personally believe if I'm still spending money on dlc and hmx is still supporting the game servers, the forums, and selling tunes, that keeping the leaderboards and gameplay up and running, is a no-brainer.

The forum discussions have so little to do with RB anymore. We've hashed and re-hashed so much already. We could just cut and paste our old arguments in, and save ourselves the trouble of typing :P

Were definitely suffering for lack of a new RB game. But back to my point...We each want what we want. IT's frustrating that the game we have grown to love and view as more of a "Lifestyle" is sadly fading into the sunset...that is until HMX does something about it. I'm talking NEW RB GAME here people! If they come out with something in the relatively near future....all will be forgiven, and these arguments will be a passing memory...and we will have an entirely "new" generation of things to argue about. Won't that be marvelous?! :D
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I love you guys HMX, but I'm ready for the leaderboard API and rockbandscores.com to start working again already. :) I'm not a #1 chaser or anywhere near good enough to be, but I use RBS to keep the game fresh by making goofy score goals that I track.

I also miss the HMX web leaderboards, because it's awesome and absurd when I crack the 1% on an instrument, and I also work on those. :)
  • What will happen with the code export rock band 2 ps3?
  • Appreciating all the updates you guys are giving us on how you're fixing your total FUBAR here.
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    edited August 2014
    I want my gameplay back, following other band member's gameplay, leaderboard, Battles...
    Bottom line.. I want my old RB stuff back.. :(
  • Time for a "fix the rock band leaderboard API" Kickstarter, I think.
    Maybe it's time for a Rock band trouble ticket...
  • Christine? Henry? Any update on status of fixing RB.com? There are many online options for forums and ways for players to connect. There are now NO ways online for players to see their progress through leaderboards.
  • Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease fix the API! I am now considering a hunger strike, and while no one would care about the direct ramifications of this event, try to think about a potentially unemployed Chester Cheetah.
    I needed to start a hunger strike the day the API quit working because I have a pretty good reserve in the bank...
    Hey @HMXchristine or @hmxhenry, any updates on the status of the API effort? We've been being kinda patient. TIA.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    what's happening?
  • Since I'm a spreadsheet geek and Rock Band fanatic, I started messing around with the Rock Band World stats to at least keep tracking my song/score progress. What I find interesting is that under the the Instrument Stats tab all the totals for song count and score are correct, but under Song Scores tab none of the removed DLC is listed even though I played some of those songs. That leaves the totals by song/instrument lower than the overview stats.

When HMX pulled the DLC, they pulled it from the whole website. The leaderboards that were available on rockband.com didn't list them and I didn't realize RBW doesn't list them at all either.
    edited September 2014
    Where's HMX in this??? Hello, Hello.. is this thing on?
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I've figured it out Intee... HMX is so busy in meetings discussing a possible new RB game, they haven't had time to work on this problem. In which case, all would be forgiven. lol I like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of gurl :D Hopefully they'll get things back on track soon.
  • Hey @HMXchristine or @hmxhenry, any updates on the status of the API effort? We've been being kinda patient. TIA.
  • Sorry for the delayed response (and thanks for @ ing me directly, that definitely helps). We HAVE been looking into the API but sadly don't have an update at the moment. Our beloved Web Developer recently left Harmonix, so there isn't currently anyone here with a comprehensive understanding of how the old site API worked. We've looked into seeing if the API is something we can sort out without a Web Dev but it's unlikely, and could only result in more problems if it's something we implement incorrectly.

We're currently looking to hire a new Web Dev (you can see the listing up on the Jobs page in the About section of the site) and we'll be able totake another look at leaderboards once we get someone on the team who can help us dig into the API. It's still a priority for us, but we need to get the team back up to full strength first.