Harmonix Blog: RockBand.com Content Has Moved

Comments

• Thanks for the info!
  • intropeeintropee Road Warrior
    Thank you Henry, for you honesty :)
    rkbdgurl said:

I've figured it out Intee... HMX is so busy in meetings discussing a possible new RB game, they haven't had time to work on this problem. In which case, all would be forgiven. lol I like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of gurl :D Hopefully they'll get things back on track soon.

I have a rock... :wink:

• I appreciate the update. I'm still crying on the inside, though.
  • > Harmonix is seeking a talented programmer to join our small Web team as a Web Developer for
    > a 9 month contract. You’ll primarily be using Python/Django, but Postgres and Linux skills will also
    > come in handy.

Python. Why'd it have to be PYTHON? - Indiana Jones

Damn, as a dedicated score whore who wanted to use the API to make a new score site, the job is tempting.... but I despise Python and am not a Linux guy. Ask me to code it in Angular JS or MVC on a Windows platform, and we're in business.

Also, the 9 month contract doesn't make relocation viable.

Hope you find the right dev, Henry! Good luck!

Jeff

P.S. If you want someone to dig in and try to fix it now, or write a new API that does what the old one did, which was a simple export of the DB to JSON, accessible via the web, that's not difficult. I'd be willing to take a look (under NDA) to see if the API can be kludged, on a gratis basis, provided I can do it via remote.
    edited September 2014

I appreciate the update. I'm still crying on the inside, though.

I cry everywhere.. :(
    ADBjester said:

>

P.S. If you want someone to dig in and try to fix it now, or write a new API that does what the old one did, which was a simple export of the DB to JSON, accessible via the web, that's not difficult. I'd be willing to take a look (under NDA) to see if the API can be kludged, on a gratis basis, provided I can do it via remote.

YOU ARE HIRED!!!!

:smiley:

Disclaimer: ok.. I don't work for Harmonix, but if I did....
    :'( no reply? It's ok.. this guy name Ronald McDonald said he'll take it...
    But he acts like a clown... B)

• Sid KafizzSid Kafizz Unsigned
    edited October 2014
    Time for my approximately bi-weekly post, just to make sure that you don't think we're all disappearing into the ether. I'd still like to see the API working again.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Indeed. I realize that the web developer rec is out there and the promise of a fix rides on that hire, but I am still patiently waiting for the fix to come.
  • ok so i wanted to to the account linking thing but cant find it please help
    I'm waiting for the web developer ad to come down from the "jobs" page so I can start getting impatient about rockbandscores.com updating again...
  • Hey @HMXchristine or @hmxhenry, any news on the leaderboard API front? It's been another month. :)
  • I MUST LEARN!!!! So tempting, knowing it could potentially give interest to hundreds still playing.
  • The sadness continues.
  • Hey @HMXchristine or @hmxhenry, any news on the leaderboard API front? It's been another month. :)

No update, as we still haven't landed a new Web Dev. We're hunting in earnest, and have had the listing promoted on LinkedIn, Monster, Gamasutra, Craigslist, and 3-4 other Boston local tech sites. We've got a solid backlog of web tasks (including leaderboard stuff) so we're just as anxious to hire a dev as you are. Once we get someone in house we'll make sure to spread the good word.
  • hmxhenry said:

Hey @HMXchristine or @hmxhenry, any news on the leaderboard API front? It's been another month. :)

No update, as we still haven't landed a new Web Dev. We're hunting in earnest, and have had the listing promoted on LinkedIn, Monster, Gamasutra, Craigslist, and 3-4 other Boston local tech sites. We've got a solid backlog of web tasks (including leaderboard stuff) so we're just as anxious to hire a dev as you are. Once we get someone in house we'll make sure to spread the good word.
    Thank you so much for this update.
    I had thought all this time that you guys just flat out gave up on repairing site functions.

You really should post this on the front page of the website as a new blog message so more people know this.
  • I'm still sad! Still playing, too.
  • It's been another month. :(
  • It might be too late now: rockbandscores.com has been down for maintenance for a while.
  • It will NEVER be too late. And rockbandscores.com is back up.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited January 2015

It will NEVER be too late. And rockbandscores.com is back up.

It is? My stats haven't been updated on there since July 22.
    The stats won't update until HMX fixes the leaderboard API, but RBS was actually down for a while showing "site down for maintenance" instead of the scores.
    It has now been exactly six months since my last new score was picked up by rockbandscores.com

Tomorrow will be six months to the day that the leaderboard API stopped functioning.

*sigh*
  • Hey @hmxhenry‌ or @HMXchristine‌, anything about the old website features coming back? I just got all of the main series Rock Band games for Christmas, and I'd like to know if old things that people like about the games such as the exports or leaderboards are coming back. Thanks guys, love the games!
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    That was very diplomatic xylophonepen... Hope you get your wish. :)
    Woo-hoo! Progress. :)
    YES!!!!!!! :smiley:
    YES!!!!!!! :smiley:
  • zoxroxzoxrox Unsigned
    Back in July, I was as disappointed as everyone else about the inability to access RB3 leaderboards at rockband.com, but at least I could use the in-game leaderboards. Tonight, I played for the first time in a month or so, and to my dismay the in-game leaderboards are now inaccessible as well. (I can't connect to the Rock Central servers.)

Is this just poor me and my Wii, or are others having the same problem?