Heads Up: Known Issues for Dance Central Spotlight

Comments

• HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    Hi folks. We have an update for some of the issues. These have been added to the original post. A fix has been submitted for the missing/unavailable Lady Gaga songs and "Problem". You should be able to access them within a few hours.

If you downloaded "All of Me" and received "Ain't It Fun," you should also be able to re-download the song and receive the correct content within a few hours.

For both of these issues, please try again later today.

@Seanyboy99‌ - That is likely part of the pack problem.

@Nahvel - You should be able to see DLC you previously purchased, if it has been released for Spotlight. That full list is available here: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/dance-central/songs/. However, the code from Dance Central 3 won't do anything in Dance Central Spotlight.
  • I downloaded all big dance packs back on the 360 a year ago and now I try to download the old songs I own on Spotlight, it says $1.99. When will I be able to redownload my old DLC songs?
  • DatacideDatacide Unsigned
    edited September 2014

I downloaded all big dance packs back on the 360 a year ago and now I try to download the old songs I own on Spotlight, it says $1.99. When will I be able to redownload my old DLC songs?

I'll just add my voice to the same issue. I have already purchased all the legacy DLC and yet most of it still shows $1.99 to download. I was able to get Whip It (Minaj) and Airplanes (BOB) at the price of $0.00 but the remaining 19 legacy tracks are showing at $1.99.

I'd also like to just repeat, what others have noted, that I too can't download "Problems" (Ariana Grande) and get a payment error.

Every other new track downloaded almost perfectly, but I did have to prompt the Calvin Harris tracks from the pack to install manually as they did not install once I purchased them.

Thanks for all the support, I'm so excited to dance tonight.

Please advise if there is something the users should do to be able to obtain our old DLC from previous games and transfer it to Spotlight, at this point I am running on the assumption that this issue has already been submitted and noted and I'll just wait it out. :)

Thanks for all your hard work!

• I just got billed for James Brown's "Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine, Pt. 1" although I already owned it and it did say $0.00 originally. Is there a way to either get a refund or a credit for another song that I don't already own?
  • Also, will we be able to stream this game through Twitch anytime soon? I keep getting an error when I try to broadcast. :(
  • THIS PROFILE BUG IS HUGE!

I spent over an hour trying to get the game to work even afte setting up a new profile. Which if you know takes like 15 minutes to do itself. This is a big enough bug that this should be HOT fixed.

I spent 20 mins getting the trial to work then just deleted it tried again, deleted tried again. Finally I just bought it figured it's harmonix should work. Then I come to the forum to to find the profiel bug. ITs a show stopper and should be fixed tonight!

I'm not going to change my profile pic. SO I think you really should just fix this now. Its probably something simple as an invalid database field name.

To change your profile picture:
    1) Sign into the profile you want to use with Dance Central Spotlight.
    2) Select profile pane (column on the left).
    3) Select "My Profile".
    4) Select "Customize" > Select "Change Gamerpic".
    5) Select a different Gamerpic.
    6) Launch Dance Central Spotlight
    7) After successful launch you can change back to your original profile picture.

Five Legacy DLC Songs Delayed
    The following five DLC songs are delayed and will not be available to purchase or re-download on launch day. We will resolve this as soon as possible.
    • Girls & Boys – Blur
    • Heard ‘Em All – Amerie
    • Weapon of Choice – Fatboy Slim
    • Because of You – Ne-Yo
    • Temperature – Sean Paul
    Pack Pricing Issues
    Song packs were showing incorrect pricing when Dance Central Spotlight went live. There is a fix in place and the prices should reflect the correct price soon.

Lady Gaga Dance Pack 01 Issues
    Some users have been unable to find and/or download Lady Gaga Dance Pack 01. There is a fix in place and you should be able to access this content within a few hours.

Updated 9/2:
    "All of Me" Issue

A few users have reported that buying "All of Me" will actually result in Paramore's "Ain't It Fun." A fix has been put in place. Within a few hours, you should be able to re-download the song and have the right song. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

"Problem" not available in the store
    There is a fix in place and you should be able to access this content within a few hours.

We appreciate your patience while we sort out these launch day issues. We'll keep this thread updated as we have resolutions.

Happy dancing!

• Hey,

Great game so far but another issue popped up. In two player mode, the game freezes at the end, the sticking audio sound occurs and it quits to dashboard. Any reasons why?

• I changed all profiles, but when it switches to an achievement in dual players it now crashes as well.
  • I'm having a few issues and would appreciate an update if possible.

1.) Lady Sovereign - I Got You Dancing is appearing in my store but it's not appearing as free. I own it from previous Dance Central games, I remember dancing to it. Is this a common problem?

2.) All the Lady Gaga songs appear in my Store but they aren't appearing as free. Once again, I own all these songs from previous games. Is the problem mentioned in the original post still persisting? Or is there something I have to do to make it work properly.

3.) Ariana Grande - Problem appears in my Store but when I go to buy it, it gives me an error about payment information. I have purchased other songs succesfully in the same session, right now, as of today. This one song won't let me buy it though.
  • This isn't really related to the game but I was wondering why Creep and Love Shack on the Blog Post aren't in bold and have asterisks. Was this just an accidental error or did it mean something? (I'm going to guess the former)
  • Why cannot use Twitch? I get Broadcast Fail Error Code: 0X10331196

They stated on the Twitter feed that it has to do with licensing restrictions.
  • The Lady gaga pack issue still not working for me at this time :(

They stated on the Twitter feed that it has to do with licensing restrictions.
    That's really disappointing. I was so excited to start streaming. Why does Just Dance allow it and nor Dance Central?
  • Frontieruk

And yes you get charged if you agree to it, am disappointed :(

That whats happening to me the songs appear as my songs but it doesnt let me play
  • Nemesis_ said:

Lady Sovereign - I Got You Dancing is appearing in my store but it's not appearing as free. I own it from previous Dance Central games, I remember dancing to it. Is this a common problem?

Same here. Showing 1,99 while I could get my other 360 DLC for free. Must be a bug.
  • I am having the issue with not being able to download "Problem". Had crash issue but changing gamerpic fixed. Thanks
  • I'm having a problem where I purchased the Lady Gaga pack for $8.49 in-game, the songs show up under "My Songs" but when I click on them in-game to download them, I am prompted to pay for them again.

When I go into "My Games and Apps" from the One's dashboard, I can "manage" the pack but there are no songs in the pack. If I go into the store from the dashboard, all 5 Gaga songs are listed at $1.99.

So it appears the Lady Gaga pack isn't working. Even when I try to manage that DLC from SmartGlass, it says there is no content associated with the pack.
  • Also, "Problem" still shows up in the store but when I click on it, it says there's a problem with my payment method and then that I cant buy it at this time (this was at 11:00am Mountain time today). I could buy other DLC just fine though.
  • Also, "Problem" still shows up in the store but when I click on it, it says there's a problem with my payment method and then that I cant buy it at this time (this was at 11:00am Mountain time today). I could buy other DLC just fine though.
  • I'm having some problems with crashes while I'm playing with another person... Both players had problem with the avatar pic but I changed then. But sometimes in The middle of the game it crashes and we have to start again.... I think that it's something with the achivements...

Besides that.. Good job!! We really liked the game... Especially for the price ;)
  • any more info on the dlc pack glitch. not a dance central spotlight glitch but creep show up twice on the song list page
    Hey folks. As stated in the original post, if you are seeing songs that you bought in packs that are now listed for $1.99 DO NOT RE-BUY THEM. This is a known bug, as listed in the post, that we are working on resolving. We will let you know when it has been fixed and the content is available to re-download for free.

Everyone having issues downloading "Problem," we sent in the fix and are waiting for it to appear. We have no control over when it goes live.

@imaginedancing‌ - The ONLY fix for the crash right now is to change your gamerpic. The bug is caused by a file type change in the old gamerpics. You can change your pic back as soon as you've gotten Dance Central Spotlight to work. But at this time, that is the only way to get past the crash. We have submitted a fix for that as well, but it won't be rolled out for at least a few days.
    marcelobm said:

I'm having some problems with crashes while I'm playing with another person... Both players had problem with the avatar pic but I changed then. But sometimes in The middle of the game it crashes and we have to start again.... I think that it's something with the achivements...

Besides that.. Good job!! We really liked the game... Especially for the price ;)

Thanks for the info. Glad you already tried changing both gamerpics. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

• So I see some of the DLC I purchased but not all the DLC is available... Did I miss something when looking because I seen in a previous post that all DLC would be available for redownload. I do not see any of my LMFAO that I previously purchased on the store, are these going to be available over a period of time to consumers, cause im fine with that. But overall great game keep up the hard work on that new DLC!

So I see some of the DLC I purchased but not all the DLC is available... Did I miss something when looking because I seen in a previous post that all DLC would be available for redownload. I do not see any of my LMFAO that I previously purchased on the store, are these going to be available over a period of time to consumers, cause im fine with that. But overall great game keep up the hard work on that new DLC!

Only 25 of the previously released DLC songs are currently available. We're releasing them over a period of time. Stay tuned to @Dance_Central on Twitter or here on the forums to get future announcements. All currently available songs are listed here: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/dance-central/songs/
  • I'm still waiting for the "50" songs at release and only song so far that they let me get for free is DANCE , I still have to pay for Closer by Ne-Yo and I Got You Dancing ..... :( I love the game, good hold over til DC4 but come on guys.