Heads Up: Known Issues for Dance Central Spotlight

Comments

• @HMXJessaBrez Yesterday Tempted to Touch and Replay was successfully downloaded, the only one I cannoty still see / download is break your heart.
  • ToothballToothball Unsigned
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with Lapdance and Break Your Heart. They appear at the usual price in game and in both Xbox stores. I'm in Europe and got both via the Marathon pack 2. I suspect I bought that via the DC2 store but I'm not entirely sure. All the other tracks in that pack have worked, although some I had to check back later for.

I'm also seeing the Loading Song List issue, could the number of tracks you have affect that at all?
  • Still cannot download Break Your Heart...

Same here

Same here

Same with me, "Break your Heart" is still trying to charge me $1.99, versus $0.00/Install. Please fix asap!
  • gigggigg Unsigned
    Same here I still cannot down load break your heart. I had originally purchased it for the Xbox 360.
  • Break Your Heart and Lapdance from Marathon Packs still not working (US marketplace).
  • Ok, so we are in progress on a fix for the long song loading times! It'll be a few weeks still because we're looking into a patch to potentially solve it, so stay tuned on that front.

For those of you still having any issues with song entitlements, Microsoft has asked for a couple gamertags of affected users. Could a few of you having the issue please Private Message me your gamertag if you feel comfortable doing so? Thanks!

Any update on this? I love to play this game a lot, but the song load times are usually about 3-5 minutes. If I go to the dashboard, or check a message (anything that is separate from the game) I have to reload the songlist and wait another 3-5 minutes.
  • Do I have to worry about my 300+ dlc songs in Rock Band 4 not transferring properly? I still can't get 4 of the 30+ dlc Dance Central dlc songs I own.

"Break Your Heart" is the latest to give me **** followed by "Get Low", "Party Rock Anthem", and "Lapdance".

I really want this fixed because I refuse to buy any new songs until I can get all my old ones and Bastille and Macklemore has been staring me down for some time now.
  • andybogardngandybogardng Opening Act
    "Break Your Heart" Is the only download holdout for me, but it's been almost two months since it came out...
  • Any way to skip the UPDATING SONG LIST in DC Spotlight? Have over 50 songs and takes several minutes. Really disappointed in this.
  • nekowolf91nekowolf91 Unsigned
    edited August 2015
    Danp said:

Any way to skip the UPDATING SONG LIST in DC Spotlight? Have over 50 songs and takes several minutes. Really disappointed in this.

@DANP The only way I use to bypass this is just to select the first song that they have on the screen before you go to the library. You would have to dance to the song and not just go to the difficulty select and exit to the library. The only downfall is that sometimes it picks the same song (i.e. Royals... not a big fan) but I think of it as my warm-up dance before I start getting down. Hopes this helps!
  • Any word on the "lost data" issue? Every time we go to play, there's no data and we have to start at the intro AGAIN. Every.Single.Time.

I've read the forums and tried all the remedies I could find and nothing works. I've changed the gamer pic. I've tried logging out before I turn off our XBoxOne. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (it was downloaded from a code that came without xbox).

1. Yes, gamer pics DO show up in the corner when we play.
    2. Yes, they are OUR gamer pics.
    3. Yes, there are two accounts on the xbox, and we always use mine when we play. (We have tried using hers but the data-loss issue persists.)
    4. Yes, our XBoxOne is set up as our home Xbox.

Please help me recover our data (and prevent losing it again).
  • Very disappointed with spotlight. The game is totally un-usable.
    Its great if you only have the 10 songs. But as you add more and more songs into you list the refresh time is about 15 to 20 between songs.

When makes this game useless. Only reason why we took the jump to xbox one was to play this game. But have switch to the sub-par just dance instead.

I would rank this game a flat zero. because its un-usable. It can be so much more if you had some setting to stop the freakin refresh when players jump in and out of the Kinect sight
  • Game works great for me and I have a lot of DLC. My only issue is that they haven't even updated the menu with the last released songs in months and Break your Heart and Lapdance still do not download for free. It seems as if they decided this game is not important at the moment while they work on Rockband. I hope they @ least update the menu and fix those songs for us at some point.
  • gigggigg Unsigned
    Yep I still cannot download break your heart for free. I have been able to download all of my other DLC.
  • cpath001 said:

Very disappointed with spotlight. The game is totally un-usable.
    Its great if you only have the 10 songs. But as you add more and more songs into you list the refresh time is about 15 to 20 between songs.

When makes this game useless. Only reason why we took the jump to xbox one was to play this game. But have switch to the sub-par just dance instead.

I would rank this game a flat zero. because its un-usable. It can be so much more if you had some setting to stop the freakin refresh when players jump in and out of the Kinect sight

I agree. the game is totally unusable for us. Half the time, it doesn't even let us go past the initial screen that says "press the {menu} button to continue". At least the game is working at all for you. :-/ If I figure out where and how to rate this game, I *will* be giving it the worst rating possible. I haven't even heard from Harmonix regarding any of my problems I mentioned, and I submitted a trouble ticket as well as posted in this forum.

I will also actively warn away everyone I know from purchasing ANY games from this company, and I will never buy another product from them as well. Their customer service is beyond abysmal and there software is terrible. I couldn't be more unhappy with a software company.
  • So I've returned to DCS after a long break, mostly brought on by frustration with the loading times and the fact that legacy DLC songs were STILL having problems, and found that... everything is still basically the same. Not only that, but these forums seem to have gone completely silent from anyone at Harmonix - I guess that means, these issues are not being addressed anymore?

For anyone who still cares, my "Updating Song List" is probably around 5 minutes after any interaction with the dashboard (initial load, song purchase), and I still cannot get Lapdance for free, even though I previously purchased it as part of Marathon Pack 02. Fortunately, all other Legacy DLC since my last update (probably over six months ago) seems to work, although it looks like we've had nothing new since about May anyway.
  • I gave up on this game due to my legacy tracks still not being free, well today I thought I would try again and nope nothing has changed at all, sort it or I will be waiting a refund as you have not kept to your words
  • My game keeps crashing/freezing. I am going to uninstall and reinstall, but the game and system were just purchased Nov. 2015. It looked like this problem was supposed to be fixed in 2014? How do I fix it now?
  • VeryKatie said:

My game keeps crashing/freezing. I am going to uninstall and reinstall, but the game and system were just purchased Nov. 2015. It looked like this problem was supposed to be fixed in 2014? How do I fix it now?

If you are playing with two people, the crashes are likely from the achievement pop-ups. You'll have to just suffer through them until they are mostly gained (3-4 sessions ought to do it). It is a pain though.

• I can't upload any of my purchased songs from the previous Dance Central to Dance Central Spotlight. I'm very disappointed! Can someone please help me?
  • Dance1972 said:

I can't upload any of my purchased songs from the previous Dance Central to Dance Central Spotlight. I'm very disappointed! Can someone please help me?

You should probably contact support directly, there can be a myriad of issues that could be happening here. First and foremost, you have to be using the same XBL account that the original DLC was purchased on. There are definitely issues with some DLC and some users have more problems than others. I still have two songs that never transferred over...I (foolishly) just repurchased those two.
  • I as well bought the marathon packs and can't download LapDance. My GT is TimmyTheBadfish

Also, the game keeps booting me back to the menu when I'm in the middle of a fitness session. I pick 30 minutes and after a few songs, right before a new song is picked, I'm kicked back to the main menu.

Nothing but problems with this game and a complete lack of support.
  • I was going to buy rock band 4. But with 25 gb of dlc and the **** storm this game was with dlc, **** that ****.
  • I was going to buy rock band 4. But with 25 gb of dlc and the **** storm this game was with dlc, **** that ****.

You should buy it
    Lol @ your name
  • ScottyT14ScottyT14 Unsigned
    Set up the game for my nephews and they constantly keep getting kicked out of the game due to the achievements. There's posts out there showing this has been an issue for years. This is pathetic, and I've lost any good will I've had for harmonix. Unacceptable.
  • alminomeloalminomelo Unsigned
    My Dance Central is dead.