Heads Up: Known Issues for Dance Central Spotlight

Comments

• HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer

I'm still waiting for the "50" songs at release and only song so far that they let me get for free is DANCE , I still have to pay for Closer by Ne-Yo and I Got You Dancing ..... :( I love the game, good hold over til DC4 but come on guys.

We have 25 new DLC songs, and 25 old DLC songs available. There are five old DLC songs that are delayed, and a few issues with DLC songs purchased in packs, as listed in the first post. Please read over the original post in this thread for details about those issues.
  • I feel like the frame rate is a little off when I am playing and isn't as smooth as the previous games. Is this because I downloaded the game through wi-fi? Is anyone feeling that the game isn't as smooth as it should be?
  • Just a heads up, Problem is available on the marketplace now!
  • I am really pissed off. My progress is lost! How this happened??
    But when I access my saves, there's one 33kb save so it should be there. C'mon guys, what's wrong? :/
  • edited September 2014
    miky20 said:

I am really pissed off. My progress is lost! How this happened??
    But when I access my saves, there's one 33kb save so it should be there. C'mon guys, what's wrong? :/

I haven't got the exact same problem but lately, some songs were "reseted". I had to redo the super easy routines as if I was playing these songs for the first time O__o

I feel like the frame rate is a little off when I am playing and isn't as smooth as the previous games. Is this because I downloaded the game through wi-fi? Is anyone feeling that the game isn't as smooth as it should be?

It has nothing to do with bandwidth or wifi, it's just the way the game runs... I'm very disapointed about that point too. It's an Xbox One game but it's clearly not as smooth as the Xbox 360 editions :/
    miky20 said:

Are you logged in as the same profile as when you played through originally? Can you give us more details? When did you buy the game? And when did you see your progress missing? We'll pass along the details to our team.
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited September 2014
    mange to go xbox.com and get the two lady gaga song i had for free. they where in a pack
  • miky20 said:

Are you logged in as the same profile as when you played through originally? Can you give us more details? When did you buy the game? And when did you see your progress missing? We'll pass along the details to our team.
    Bought it on a release date, played on a same profile all day long, cleared cache because of problems with upload studio, which was solved but since then I can't play DC S with my progress. Don't know why this happened, because save file is there, it's 33kb and for my profile.
  • Tamponax said:

miky20 said:

I haven't got the exact same problem but lately, some songs were "reseted". I had to redo the super easy routines as if I was playing these songs for the first time O__o
    Yep, same problem and I am not gonna play all game again, they better resolve this asap, I am getting tired of these bugs. Great game, I love DC, but this is not cool at all.

• DTLe91DTLe91 Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    Is there a way to reinstall DLC? I have "All of Me" downloaded, but when I try to select it the game says I "already own it" as if I'm trying to get it from the store.
  • DTLe91 said:

Is there a way to reinstall DLC? I have "All of Me" downloaded, but when I try to select it the game says I "already own it" as if I'm trying to get it from the store.

Kind of a shot in the dark here since I don't own the console yet, but in my experience, to delete songs, I've always done that by going to wherever the memory is in the Xbox Dashboard and handling it there. Sorry if that's vague, but I hope it helps!
  • DTLe91 said:

Kind of a shot in the dark here since I don't own the console yet, but in my experience, to delete songs, I've always done that by going to wherever the memory is in the Xbox Dashboard and handling it there. Sorry if that's vague, but I hope it helps!
    On the Xbox One, you go to My Games & Apps, highlight the game, press the Menu button (the one with the three lines on it), and then select manage game. That will show the game, and any DLC you have installed.

I believe you highlight the DLC item, and press menu again to get the option to delete it.

(I'm writing that from memory, so it might not be 100% accurate)
  • HMXCHRISTINE...Will there be an update in the future that will smooth out the gameplay?
  • ^ I agree, some of it seems a bit choppy, like there is one move can't remember it that is really choppy the jump and hug type move, characters seem to stutter.
  • dfenty said:

^ I agree, some of it seems a bit choppy, like there is one move can't remember it that is really choppy the jump and hug type move, characters seem to stutter.

Glad its not just me who thought the game still needed work. It is kind of jumpy sometimes or it would just slow down randomly which kind of ruins the flow of the game. Hope it gets fixed.
  • I got my Lady Gaga dance pack from a winner event code here in the forum, should i be able to download it? Cause i still see 1.99 each song, and the same goes to other winner packs like rihanna and pitbull??
  • I notice it got updated this morning. It wouldn't start initially so had to power the Xbone down completely (hold down the power on the front until the light goes off) then when I started DCS it asked to be updated. Seems to work so far.
  • The update of this morning is maybe for the gamerpic fix. Because Lady gaga pack is still not available at free price... (When you already purchase it)
  • L3z4rd said:

The update of this morning is maybe for the gamerpic fix. Because Lady gaga pack is still not available at free price... (When you already purchase it)

If you downloaded the pack yesterday the only thing you have to do is to press on the cloud and then install, do that with all 5 songs and you will be able to play
  • Hello, I am still having problems with DCS, anytime I start the game it goes to Welcome to DCS and I have to keep playing the tutorial dance and having to start all the dances over that I previously did. When I first downloaded it on Sept. 1, I did the gamerpic change and everything but when playing two players it crashed on every achievement, it even froze once in awhile when playing. Also another thing I have notice was that when I am playing by myself it always scores player 2 (blue) scoring 802 so if it is a programming issue try looking up something in the two player coding (at least my guess) But so far great game Harmonix, even though I have a "glitchy" version I will still be dedicated to dancing :)
  • but when playing two players it crashed on every achievement, it even froze once in awhile when playing.

Here too. very annoying when your wifes comes home and says: woohoo, DC is there. and then it ALWAYS crashes :(

• Also Lapdance has really bad audio for some reason, I am not sure if it is just mine version of the game doing that.
  • but when playing two players it crashed on every achievement, it even froze once in awhile when playing.

Here too. very annoying when your wifes comes home and says: woohoo, DC is there. and then it ALWAYS crashes :(

I feel ya :( Me and my flatmate are dancing buddies

I also forgot to mention that I did factory reset my Day One System as well with no luck, it was worth a shot tho :)
  • ER_Mac3ER_Mac3 Opening Act

dfenty said:

^ I agree, some of it seems a bit choppy, like there is one move can't remember it that is really choppy the jump and hug type move, characters seem to stutter.

Glad its not just me who thought the game still needed work. It is kind of jumpy sometimes or it would just slow down randomly which kind of ruins the flow of the game. Hope it gets fixed.
    I think you guys are mentioning the connection between the moves... Well, this is probably not gonna be solved cause it would require new motion capture or an entire animation work. The thing is, now they are using moves from an animation library that already existed, and not capturing a whole routine from scratch, that means some moves will carry some kind of connection to the originally intended next or previous move, either in the very beginning or in the very end of the animation. So it's impossible to remove it unless some animator works on it, or the motion capture is done again, which is not likely considering the team is going for this new format on Dance Central Spotlight.

But I've been observing too some kind of "choppy" stuff going on in the middle of the moves which is a lot strange... Might be the result of accelerating or slowing the moves down, since some songs require it to be done so it'll match the beats per second.
  • I got my Lady Gaga dance pack from a winner event code here in the forum, should i be able to download it? Cause i still see 1.99 each song, and the same goes to other winner packs like rihanna and pitbull??

If you owned a pack that contained any of the currently available legacy DLC, you will be able to download those songs for free, however it is a known issue that it's not letting you do that. Once the issue is fixed, you'll be able to download those songs for free.

(Note that the Lada Gaga Pack that is listed for Spotlight has five songs in it, not two like the previous Lady Gaga packs had, so the pack will never show up as free, but the individual songs will once the issue is fixed)

OMG I noticed this today... Same for me... And once, I was alone but got an achievement at the end of the song and got the freeze with an horrible noise :p

Also Lapdance has really bad audio for some reason, I am not sure if it is just mine version of the game doing that.

Some songs are also much louder than others (can't stay wich ones right now but I often had to change the volume depending of the music).
    Hi everyone. We've received confirmation that a permanent fix for the crash issue described in the original post has been released. Instead of changing your gamerpic, you can now download the update for Dance Central Spotlight and it will remove the crash issue.

We also have gotten confirmation that the "All of Me" issue where users would receive "Ain't It Fun" has been fixed - you can now delete and redownload the song to get the right content. Additionally, "Problem" should now be available to download.

@YourmoveFlynn‌ - There are 25 new DLC songs and 25 old DLC songs available at launch. There are some issues with some old DLC songs, which are listed in the original post in this thread. Please read that post. If you previously purchased Closer and I Got You Dancing in packs, they are not yet available as singles. We are working on fixing it. Read the original post for more details.
    @dfenty‌ & @imaginedancing‌ - can you tell us more about your two-player crash? Were both users signed in as separate profiles? Had both profiles changed their gamerpic or had downloaded the update from earlier today?
  • dfentydfenty Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    @HMXCHRISTINE - Thanks for directly asking about more information. Currently, I have not seen the crash pop up lately, but honestly, I have to do some more testing since we've been playing more solo than two player. Usually the crash would happen at the end of a routine, both players are local accounts and signed in, both players changed gamer pic, but I haven't really tested it since the update. I will let you know if it occurs again.

On another note. I appreciate the hard work the Harmonix team has put in by releasing a 'tie me over' version of Dance Central until the real mccoy, especially since you all are focused on other projects at the moment. I look forward to the real thing but at least DCS will be there until then. By any chance though, will the issue of the 'choppiness' be addressed? That is, moves like 'Independent' in Safe and Sound routine, the characters are all jittery and last but not least, some of the timing of some moves don't match up with the music. Like I said earlier though, I know this is a tie me over till the full version but would be nice if these can be smoothed out.

Thanks.
  • dfenty said:

By any chance though, will the issue of the 'choppiness' be addressed? That is, moves like 'Independent' in Safe and Sound routine, the characters are all jittery and last but not least, some of the timing of some moves don't match up with the music. Like I said earlier though, I know this is a tie me over till the full version but would be nice if these can be smoothed out.

Thanks.

Those moves like Independent and Hug Hop are intended to be danced like that. (Where you jump, pause, and then do the hand movement, and then repeat)