Heads Up: Known Issues for Dance Central Spotlight

Comments

• @THEFANOFJDC - I think you misunderstood what I mean , I'm not talking about jump, pause and then do the hand movement, that is totally fine, watch the character carefully, the animation isn't smooth. It appears as if they character rig doesn't have enough room in the jump so it sticks up a little, I believe if the jump was a little more to the left or right it would smooth out or if it was completely straight up.
  • Having an issue where it doesn't seem to be reading my save data. When I log into the profile I've been using this entire time, it makes me do the introduction tutorial. If I log in while the game is already going, none of the routines that I've unlocked will be unlocked. Discovered this as we started the game for a party, so I might as well bring up the other issue that having to unlock the routines is the worst thing about this game, hands down. Because we'd really like to jump right into routines I had previously unlocked, but now are restricted to beginner routines.
  • @heyoRADIO‌ I had the save glitch on launch day myself, and when I noticed it only the most recent songs I had played had the routines unlocked. I don't know what I did (if anything) to fix it, though I did change my gamertag at one point.

If any of your unlocks did carry over, you shouldn't have any more problems saving, but you will have to unlock the missing routines again. From my experience, your missing saves are gone.
  • I had the save glitch.
    This is exactly what happened. So I decided to use smartglass to start up the game thinking that nothing was going to happen if I did it this way. It brought up the game to the "Titanium" routine selection, since that was the last song I played before stopping. Everything I unlocked at that point was gone with only the beginner routines open. So I panicked and thought I had to do it again.

I guess using Smartglass on DCS doesn't consider you as the same person? My reasoning is that I decided to restart the game(start->quit) and start it up normally with my controller and fortunately enough my routines were unlocked like they were before.
  • dfenty said:

@THEFANOFJDC - I think you misunderstood what I mean , I'm not talking about jump, pause and then do the hand movement, that is totally fine, watch the character carefully, the animation isn't smooth. It appears as if they character rig doesn't have enough room in the jump so it sticks up a little, I believe if the jump was a little more to the left or right it would smooth out or if it was completely straight up.

Hmm. i'm not seeing it Safe And Sound since the sequence is copied and pasted from Stronger. (Although there's this random little movement that's in here but wasn't in Stronger) I am seeing this weird friction in Summertime Sadness with the Hug Hop move.
  • dfentydfenty Unsigned
    edited September 2014

dfenty said:

@THEFANOFJDC - I think you misunderstood what I mean , I'm not talking about jump, pause and then do the hand movement, that is totally fine, watch the character carefully, the animation isn't smooth. It appears as if they character rig doesn't have enough room in the jump so it sticks up a little, I believe if the jump was a little more to the left or right it would smooth out or if it was completely straight up.

Hmm. i'm not seeing it Safe And Sound since the sequence is copied and pasted from Stronger. (Although there's this random little movement that's in here but wasn't in Stronger) I am seeing this weird friction in Summertime Sadness with the Hug Hop move.
    My apologies man, it is the Hug Hop move I meant! Don't know why I said 'independent' but for sure that Hug Hop move, where "It appears as if they character rig doesn't have enough room in the jump so it sticks up a little", just looks off. Strangely as well today while playing I got a little screen tearing, experienced this?
  • I'm with a problem!!! Every time I start the game, it says that there is an update, so I start to download the update, after is installed, I start the game and it says again that there is an update... And this always repet... And I can't play the game... What should I do????
  • I'm with a problem!!! Every time I start the game, it says that there is an update, so I start to download the update, after is installed, I start the game and it says again that there is an update... And this always repet... And I can't play the game... What should I do????

The first thing I would probably try in that situation is deleting, and then reinstalling the game.
  • So here's a crash that I experienced. I was playing with another person to unlock the 'Friendz' achievement. When we got to the freestyle the achievement unlocked but the game froze and this obnoxious buzzing sound was coming from the TV. I got booted back to the Dashboard after a while. I turned off the freestyle and was able to finish any other songs we played.
  • SnakeChipsSnakeChips Opening Act
    edited September 2014
    I played with Glitch on a Goofy routine and not receiving the achievement for it. =/ I tried reselecting a character and back to glitch and retired the song. Also, turned off and on my xbox and tried again. Still no luck.

UPDATE: Apparently it gave it to me without popping up on my screen... odd.
  • If you've bought Lapdance as DLC for DC1 then it should appear as 0.00 on the store. I just noticed it today.
  • WillGreyWillGrey Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    So, I'm having the two player crash problem as well. The first time, my wife and I did a 60 minute fitness set, and after 55 minutes it was switching to the second to last song. While the screen was briefly black switching songs, it stopped loading and went to the dashboard.

The other two times, it completely froze and made a horrible buzzing sound. The first time it did this, we were on the character select screen, and we selected her character (for the first time, earning the achievement). It then started buzzing and we had to manually go to the dashboard and close the game. We then uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The second time we switched characters without problem, but about 20 seconds into the song, she earned several achievements for collecting moves. The game immediately froze and made the same buzzing sound. We again exited to the dashboard and closed it.

To me, it seems like two different crashes, both involving playing with two players. The first one completely shut down the game without us doing anything and lost all the progress for the fitness session. This one may have been fixed after reinstalling the game. The second one (which happened twice including after the reinstall), happened when the second (blue) player earned achievements.

Just as an update, we played the same song again, and player 2 earned an achievement mid-song without crashing. At the end of the song, when we both earned the achievement for dancing together, the game crashed with the buzzing noise. We then played the same song again with freestyle on, both earned the freestyle achievement, and had no problems at all. Which I guess adds more confusion to the whole thing...
  • heyoRADIO said:

Having an issue where it doesn't seem to be reading my save data. When I log into the profile I've been using this entire time, it makes me do the introduction tutorial. If I log in while the game is already going, none of the routines that I've unlocked will be unlocked. .

Same problem. This game is not ready for prime time and should never have been released. Not only did it wipe all of my saved data (or doesn't know how to read it), it infuriatingly doesn't allow you to just get to the menus. You have to go through the same damned tutorial every time.

Harmonix, get your act together. You released a buggy piece of garbage and should be completely mortified.
  • Add me to the list of people who lost all of their save progress. I've got to say I'm very disappointed.
    Here's what happened I got this game at launch. I was the only one who played it on my Xbox One. Today I was watching a movie on my Xbox one with my daughter. Xbox one recognized her and signed her in. After we finished the movie my daughter went to sleep. and I decided to play DCS only when started it under my profile I had to redo the tutorial and all of the other intro stuff. All my unlocked routines and fitness data all of is now gone.

How did this game got released with such major game breaking bug is beyond me. I hope it'll get fixed soon! Until then I'm not touching it.
  • invincible_geekinvincible_geek Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    The save glitch may be related to the Xbox's profiles and standby mode. When I started DCS for my first session of the day today, I booted up my Xbox from standby and it loaded DCS before it signed into my in to my profile. As a result, all of my routines were reset back to normal. I closed DCS completely, reopened it, and all my unlocks were back. I didn't lose anything.

It could be that if the Xbox loads your profile after the game opens, the save file isn't utilized and is overwritten by any new progress. This also resets the tutorial since the game doesn't register that it has been completed.

So, as a possible fix, if you notice your routines are missing, DO NOT PLAY ANY ROUTINES. Instead, quit the game by pressing the Xbox button to return to the dashboard. Hover over the DCS window and press the Menu/Start button and select Quit. When you load DCS up again your save should load up normally.

I hope that helps.

Edit: I decided to test this a little bit, but not enough to risk my save file. I can confirm that Dance Central Spotlight doesn't seem to immediately load save data after launching from standby.

The result is that DCS assumes you haven't played before and that no Moves have been collected. The tutorial also won't register as completed. Based on my experience with the glitch on launch day, as far as I can tell, triggering an autosave in this state causes the original save file to be overwritten to reflect only the new progress you've made - you'll have to replay all the routines, and you'll also have to redo the tutorial when you relaunch the game.

I also confirmed that the "fix" above worked during my tests - Close and relaunch the game and your progress should load.
  • Add me to the users experiencing issues. I must say after HMX's track record I thought it was safe buying this on Day One. But I come back here 2x a day and will not be playing until all these issues are fixed. I guess I'll wait for the reviews next time.
  • I've got some issues

1. The game doesn't works fullscreenn, it shows a black frame
    2. The song I Got You Dancing doesn't appear as free and I didn't buy it in a pack. I got the same issue yesterday with another 5 songs, but thankfully it dissappeared.
  • HMXchristineHMXchristine Harmonix Developer
    Hey everyone. Thank you for your patience as we're sorting through launch issues. I've started a new thread specifically for the save data loss. There are some questions in there from the team that's sorting through the problem. Any additional information you can provide - even if it's a copy and paste of the information you've left in this thread - will be extremely helpful to them. That thread is here: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/256716/have-you-lost-save-data-in-dance-central-spotlight-help-us-track-down-this-issue

To those of you with the two-player crash issue, thank you so much for providing more information. The team is investigating this as well.

If you guys didn't already know this, we're taking all the launch issues very seriously.

@DanielSpeedy625‌ - for #1, there should be a size button on your TV that will allow you to play with the display. For #2 - Can you check again and see if the issue disappeared like the others? If not, and you're sure you didn't buy it in a pack, let us know. This is the first we're hearing about that issue for this song.
  • I don't see why I can stream Just Dance 2014 and not this. That's why I have my elgato and I will be streaming to my twitch channel anyway.
    Also these bugs are really annoying. The two player dancing with different profiles crashes after the song, the changing picture thing to actually play, and nowwwww we lose all our save data.... The game acts as if we're new players. Are these bugs gonna get fixed, -cluck- OR NAWWWH?!
  • @HMXCHRISTINE Thanks a lot for your answer. #1 is solved. I thought there was a way to resize the screen like in DC3. #2 didn't dissappear. I'm totally sure I didn't buy a pack for that song, I bought all Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Pitbull and Bieber packs when they were just released but nothing for the other songs. That's sad because it is one of my favorite songs. I'll attach the pictures for Xbox 360 and Xbox One download pages.
  • I'm having an issue with the song Royals. It's the only song that I can't play, because for some reason, it will constantly lose my player detection at the menu screen AND while I'm playing the song. How do I fix this?
  • @HMXCHRISTINE Thanks a lot for your answer. #1 is solved. I thought there was a way to resize the screen like in DC3. #2 didn't dissappear. I'm totally sure I didn't buy a pack for that song, I bought all Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Pitbull and Bieber packs when they were just released but nothing for the other songs. That's sad because it is one of my favorite songs. I'll attach the pictures for Xbox 360 and Xbox One download pages.

Me too. This song has never been available in any pack. It was a single song DLC only but I can't get it for free :/
  • I just bought the game and when I tried playing it only these screens pop up until it goes totally blank. I tried the gamer pic change and still nothing. What should I do?
  • Today i was suppoused to unlock the achievement for playing DCS an entire week, but it didnt show up, when i visited my records it showed up i just played 6 times (when i have played even more everyday since the launch last monday). I will try to quit from game and not leave it in stand by when it turns off. And maybe cheating changing the date could unlock the achievement. Anyone tried already???
  • xavierpmalonexavierpmalone Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    Is the game meant to run in a 'black-box' of sorts?. It doesn't take up my entire screen space.

I've also been having frame-rate issues. The game will run fine when you're in the 'zone' (With only your character, and lights and shadows of dancers) but when the game attempts to render all those background dancers with the added particle effects the game seems to dip a lot.
  • We have had several crashes due to achievements received during 2 player dances.

Sometimes it crashes as soon as the song has ended, before showing scores, and sometimes it crashes when selecting the next song.

A few times it has crashed during the song as well, but this is not as often.
  • Lifeforce said:

Actually, according to Wikipedia, I Got You Dancing was in Dance Pack 1 and Marathon Pack 1.

Really ? These packs aren't available in Belgium :O I just checked on xbox.com.