Heads Up: Known Issues for Dance Central Spotlight

Comments

• edited September 2014

@Wootini‌ : You should have a setting on your TV (for instance, on a Samsung there is "Fit" and "16x9", ith one displaying the source size) where you can play with the size of the source and maximize it to fit your TV screen.

That's the same as saying : "set your 1080p TV to 720p and it should be fine". The fact is that the game is rendered in an ugly "box" with big black (well... in fact it looks more like "grey") borders on ANY HD TV sets to a pixel perfect rendering. That's how you are supposed to set your TV connected to an Xbox One.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    Any update on the status of fixing the issue with redownloading songs you previously bought in packs? There's a few songs sitting in the store I'm patiently waiting to play.
  • @TheOzone‌ : No update :( They're still working on the entitlements issue.

• @Kulichnik‌ : We’re investigating this! Are you only seeing this crash when a new achievement is unlocking? Can you let us know what Achievements you have earned already?

@robbttf‌ : Do you remember any of the other moments it’s happened? Also can you let us know aht Achievements you’ve earned so faR?

@‌Francision, @Chemical Phoenix , @ILoveDC‌ , @Spinoff90‌ : We’ve gotten reports of this and are investigating, but then keep hearing from people that it’s unlocking after all, just not as soon as they expect. We’re still investigating, but also sit tight and it may unlock on its own before we’re able to discern why the delay.

@Fujioko : That’s weird, but good on you for already trying some troubleshooting. Have you deleted and reinstalled and calibrated? How much free space do you have on your console? I haven’t seen reports of this issue yet, so detail gathering.

@TheFanofJDC: Yes, we have deadlines for promo material but often continue to improve routines until much later, and we also sometimes use the alternate routines in the promo materials.

@StevieStardust: Not yet :(

@Earthakatsuki: It’s an entitlement issue that’s being worked on, hopefully will be fixed soon! As for your deleting data, had you done the suggested deleting and reinstalling of your gamertag, and then signing in within the game?

@Danielspeedy625: Are you signing in before or after you start the game? How many songs do you have?

@XLGuru: It’s an entitlement issue we hope to have resolved shortly!

• To anyone having the multiplayer crash, I'm starting a new thread, please go give me your details there!
  • @HMXJESSABREZ: Yes I did try that and i still had no data. I have been playing it again and i am making sure I am quitting the game fully and starting it after i am logging in. So far so good. I hope that i dont lose the data again though. :( I tried everything i saw suggested on all the different threads.

• The multiplayer bug has seemed to calm down for me, but now I have the problem that I can't even get into the game. It'll boot up and recognize me, but when I push (whatever the start button is now) or swipe to start, it just displays an empty pink screen with the party shadows moving in the background.
  • @earthakatsuki‌ : unfortunately we haven't found that it'll bring the data back, only hopefully prevent it happening again :/
  • HMXJessaBrezHMXJessaBrez HMX Dev
    edited September 2014
    To those of you having random crashes or who have had your save data wiped, do you have biometric ID set up for your profile? As in, if you walk in front of your camera does the Kinect recognize you and pop up "Hello gamertag!" on the screen?

Also, is anyone experiencing BOTH issues?
  • I think the achievement is glitched for playing the game for everyday for a week. I was supposed to unlock it yesterday but nothing happened.

The achievement didn't pop for me either. Been playing since last Monday.
    We've noticed in both development and retail environments that the achievement "toasters" - the little green notifies that you've earned an achievement - don't always display, but you DO in fact earn the achievement. @Chemical Phoenix‌ and @Francision‌ - would each of you please check your achievements system level to see if you've actually in fact earned in?

Thanks!
  • earthakatsukiearthakatsuki Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    @HMXJESSABREZ My kinect is set up for the biometric ID. If i turn that off will it not delete the data again? Also I figured there was no way to get my data back.
  • ER_Mac3ER_Mac3 Opening Act
    edited September 2014
    Begun playing it today, and it's really fun! So far no problems with the save data stuff (awesome cause I already got 4 gold boomboxes, would be trully disapointing to lose them).

BUT the multiplayer crashes are there, whenever I attempt multiplayer, at one point in the song, it crashes. And sometimes when I'm on the results screen, after the song, if anyone else steps in and is recognized by Xbox One with the message "Hi, [name]" it'll possibly crash too.

No problems playing with multiple accounts so far, when my brother steps in, the Kinect recognizes and switches save data, when I get back in, the Kinect recognizes and switch back to my progress. If we're both there, there'll be two progress at the same time (two "collected moves bar" in each routine icon), so it's working just fine, and doesn't seem to be overwriting anything [so far, and do hope it doesn't in the future, gonna warn everyone here on how to play it when I'm not home LOL]. Either way, I seriously wish this is resolved soon, cause it would be a waste to lose my progress, and is also a little frustrating having to take care with each step I take in the game when it's all about having fun. SO, good luck to the team who's trying to make it work properly!

(Also waiting to download those Lady Gaga songs that I bought in the packs, hope that soon Microsoft link those songs as a "bought" status to our account so we can carry it over to DCS! xD)
  • CephirosCephiros Opening Act
    edited September 2014
    What is the current process of songs purchased on 360, not part of a pack but not showing up as free on the Xbox One Store? I pretty sure I did not purchase these in a pack so I know it is not related to the ongoing issue with getting those two Lady Gaga songs.

Here's my list of songs that I purchased, currently viewable on the store, but do not appear free. Also I can confirmed they were purchased individually and not through a DLC pack by looking at the Xbox 360 Store. I'll edit and makes changes once I double confirm by looking at the store via Xbox one console itself.

I know Jessa had stated previously it is an entitlement issue and that's it's being worked on. Is my only action at this time to just wait? I'm cool with that for the short term.

Weapon of Choice
    Heard Em All
    Because of You
    I Got You Dancing
    Temperature
    Girls & Boys
    Turning Me On

• edited September 2014
    HMXkaz409 said:

I think the achievement is glitched for playing the game for everyday for a week. I was supposed to unlock it yesterday but nothing happened.

We've noticed in both development and retail environments that the achievement "toasters" - the little green notifies that you've earned an achievement - don't always display, but you DO in fact earn the achievement. @Chemical Phoenix‌ and @Francision‌ - would each of you please check your achievements system level to see if you've actually in fact earned in?

Thanks!
    The "Getting Committed" achievement is totally glitching on me! I have played every single day since launch/release day, and it still has not popped. The stat on the main page, has said "You have played 5 days straight, as your record", and then on Tuesday this week, it said I was currently playing 2 days straight, and yesterday it said I was currently playing 4 days straight. And then today, I sign in to play, and then it says I was only "playing 2 days straight". Why?!?
    Please @HMXJessaBrez and Harmonix how do you fix this? What is the timezone that the game is set? Do I have to play at the same time each day? And is there a better way to check how many days the game thinks I'm playing, because it takes so long to have to exit and go back to the main menu to "refresh" the random statistic, and hope it will show the how many days straight we are playing. Also the "progress" on my xbox have 0% for this achievement.

Help!
  • DatacideDatacide Unsigned
    edited September 2014

To those of you having random crashes or who have had your save data wiped, do you have biometric ID set up for your profile? As in, if you walk in front of your camera does the Kinect recognize you and pop up "Hello gamertag!" on the screen?

Also, is anyone experiencing BOTH issues?

My wife and I both have biometric ID enabled for our profiles.

Single issue, we only experience crashes after achievement pops.

• When I go online on my xbox one and load the game it'll crash just moments after I press start but if I'm offline I don't have this issue, I already did the gamer tag change awhile back to prevent a crash, do I have to do the gamer tag change again? I know there was an update to address that issue so it should be fix. I only go online for updates since my data is limited. But I shouldn't have this crash problem with my xbox one connected online, is there a way to fix this?
  • edited September 2014
    Hi. I downloaded Dance Central spotlight yesterday and I was unable to open the game. It said that I needed to update the game but there was no update available. I changed my picture to a new avatar because I could not change the gamerpic. It wouldn't let me change the gamerpic for some reason. Still nothing. Today I Uninstalled it and now I can't install it. It says instalation failed. I tried it under another profile and still nothing. Help please. I want to dance.
  • ER_Mac3ER_Mac3 Opening Act

Ok, this is not my video BUT I decided to post here to make the team aware of another situation, it's actually a friend of mine from Facebook, and these bugs are really making people mad. The legend is a little bad in the video so I'll make things short here:
    It was working well, until he installed some DLCs (according to him, Weapon of Choice, Because of You, Heard'em All and Temperature), after he did it, the game just won't open anymore. It goes as far as the title screen and goes back automatically to the dashboard. He tried deleting his save, formating his system, making everything he could, and no luck according to him. In the end there was only the option to delete the game cause right now, it's unplayable as it is...

I still had no major problems, I can play single player properly, and that's ok so far. But you guys should speed things up as fast as possible, cause this is making casual players and even fans go mad. Disapointing release, been 2 weeks already, and not a single title update to take care of it... You must be gathering all the solutions to release at once right now, but, try to make it quick if that's what you're aiming at. Good luck guys!
  • I agree some of these small fires need to be put out soon because it is all adding up. I know this is a digital only release but I can't believe that it was released with all these bugs and none of these were caught at all before release. Isn't there testing ahead of time for stuff like this?
  • My question is not about the bugs. I saw Goyte Somebody that I used to know listed as songs that would be downloadable but it hasn't appeared in game or in the Xbox Store. Since the release of the game, it has been removed from the list of downloadable songs on your site.

Will it be released? If so, when?
  • i still can't download the lady gaga pack for free..(already purchase on x360)
  • Is the song "Girls & Boys" by Blur available for download? Because I don't see it in the list, although for some reason it feels like I played this song recently in DCS because I have the catchy chorus stuck in my head lol.
  • HMXkaz409 said:

I think the achievement is glitched for playing the game for everyday for a week. I was supposed to unlock it yesterday but nothing happened.

Thanks!
    I've been checking every day after I play a song, the achievement has not popped for me at all. I've been playing songs every day since I downloaded this game.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior

@TheOzone‌ : No update :( They're still working on the entitlements issue.

Thanks for letting me know it's still getting worked out. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon!
  • After doing some searching I found out that I do have the song "Girls & Boys" in the system and remember playing the song but now I cannot. When I select the song from Manage Game it doesn't show it was installed or if I can install it, only to Pin/Unpin :( What happened here? I want the song back in my collection! Please help =( Also my game still crashes when I'm online then load the game and works fine when offline, I'm thinking it might be because of this song because it can't sync correctly, again please help, thanks in advance.
  • HMXkaz409 said:

Thanks!
    I've been checking every day after I play a song, the achievement has not popped for me at all. I've been playing songs every day since I downloaded this game.
    This achievement definitely has something wrong with it. Feel free to check my gamer tag (Sierranight). I have achievements on each day from September 1st-7th that I unlocked, but somehow the game doesn't recognize 7 days straight. I thought maybe a day I only played DLC and that glitched it, or perhaps I let more than 24 hours lapse without playing and that did something, so since the 8th I've been playing in the morning than again at night, going in and out of the menu 30 to 50 times to see how many days straight I've been playing, and making sure to play core game songs. Last night I was at 6 days in a row....this morning reset back to none.

• ER_Mac3 said:

Ok, this is not my video BUT I decided to post here to make the team aware of another situation, it's actually a friend of mine from Facebook, and these bugs are really making people mad. The legend is a little bad in the video so I'll make things short here:
    It was working well, until he installed some DLCs (according to him, Weapon of Choice, Because of You, Heard'em All and Temperature), after he did it, the game just won't open anymore. It goes as far as the title screen and goes back automatically to the dashboard. He tried deleting his save, formating his system, making everything he could, and no luck according to him. In the end there was only the option to delete the game cause right now, it's unplayable as it is...

Experiencing this right now. Tried to uninstall/reinstall, but no success. Getting really frustrated with Spotlight, as much as I want to love it.

The gamerpic glitch, the bug that deleted my original save data, and now this. I poured a lot of money into DLC for this game too, so it's pretty disappointing when it becomes unplayable like this.
  • I launched the game for today and was told I had danced for six days before I played anything. Checked again after I played a few songs and nothing. Gonna see if the count changes tomorrow for the better.
  • I launched the game for today and was told I had danced for six days before I played anything. Checked again after I played a few songs and nothing. Gonna see if the count changes tomorrow for the better.

Good luck. I went from 6 days yesterday to 2 today. Will probably take the system offline and manually change the clock as it seems many people are reporting it is the only way they could get it to work.

• TigerDreamTigerDream Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    MFCrumbz said:

Is the song "Girls & Boys" by Blur available for download? Because I don't see it in the list, although for some reason it feels like I played this song recently in DCS because I have the catchy chorus stuck in my head lol.

There are several legacy DLC songs that are only available directly from the Xbox Store, under "Add-ons" and "New Releases". You'll have to manually click on each and click to download. These songs do not (yet) appear on the Dance Central Spotlight in-game store.