Did you really like DC spotlight?

Hello eveyrbody!!

To start with I'm a lover of this DC series and I love all of them!! but regarding the new game which I have now
I do not really like it
it is pretty boring , movements are soo repetitive and it is just a recycling from other games and choreos
most of the movements dont make any sense, do not follow the rythm of the music
I dont really like it!
how dissapointing
hope to have a Dance Central 4
I think this dance central is like arcade

Comments

• This is my first DC game and I absolutely love it! I only bought it to do a bit of fitness and I just want to play all the time! :smiley:
  • edited September 2014
    Hello,

I feel the same about Spotlight :/

I'm pretty disapointed. I agree with you about all the things you said.

I also think that graphics look "empty". Everything seems washed-out (look at the blacks, they're almost grey and my Xbox is set on Extented range). I also wonder why the game doesn't run in full screen ! These black borders are so anoying ! Characters look more like robots, no more speaking, routines are mostly made of old moves and stages lacks charisma.

The "DJ" guy is freaking boring (his voice is terrible in french). We are forced to play EVERY SONG in ULTRA easy mode at least once ! So tiresome... The sound clips in the song selection are HORRIBLY compressed ! It sounds like a bad late 90's mp3 ! The crowd noise in the background is grating. The fact that the shop is almost mixed with your songs is disturbing ! It feels like a big smartphone free-to-play game ! (and there's not even an option to hide it...). The songs navigation menu is sluggish (all the time out of v-sync).

The actual tracklist is (once again ?) mostly made of basic us r'n'b/pop hits ! I wanna dance ! It really lacks good dance/eurodance anthems (2unlimited, Vengaboys, etc) but that point is very personnal.

Ik know that many of these things are details but I can't stand it.

The good thing is that the game is pretty young and all these points can still be patched. I cross my fingers... really :/
  • Hello eveyrbody!!

To start with I'm a lover of this DC series and I love all of them!! but regarding the new game which I have now
    I do not really like it
    it is pretty boring , movements are soo repetitive and it is just a recycling from other games and choreos
    most of the movements dont make any sense, do not follow the rythm of the music
    I dont really like it!
    how dissapointing
    hope to have a Dance Central 4
    I think this dance central is like arcade

Well, DC's always been repetitive in the beginning, because it has beginners cycle through the same sets of moves to get comfortable with them. Some of these moves are from previous games, or are variants of moves from previous games. I've done about 10 songs now varying between DLC and with purchase, and I haven't noticed moves repeating between songs.

There have always been moves in the game that don't sync to human rhythmic tendencies, and the slow double clap in "Applause" when the clapping in the song is occurring much faster is a definite throw off, but it's not like there are alot of these moves in the songs.

In the end, it's not perfect, but what I've played so far has been very enjoyable. That coupled with an end result of less than a few songs I hate in my playlist, I'd probably give it an 8 out of 10.
  • To me, the Dance Central series is better than the Final Fantasy series in terms of creativity, magic and unique charm.And I've been a DC fan since its DC1 heyday. But I think Spotlight suffers from fatal flaws, and no, I'm not going to point out the reused choreography. I actually think some routines are invigorating and dazzlingly fun. Sure, there could've been more variety, but Spotlight was HMX's first splash in the XBOX One pool. I'd be in heaven if they were like Ubisoft, where there are 20 teams working on different AC games. But with our small beloved studio, things aren't set up that way. Not to mention Fantasia being the favorite child, while DC's like 'hey, I'm still here'.

Yeah, the routines suffered critical hits in terms of uniqueness, but there are still diamonds to be found. For me, the fatal flaws are the characters. Personally I'd give the game a 9 out of 10, only because of Glitch and how the stages become fields of stars. Glitch's cuteness is inhumane. Alone I'd give him a 15/10 because if he were real I'd cuddle him like a puppy I just brought from the shelter. But outside of the menu, he doesn't talk. He doesn't have any more adorable quips and sadly doesn't even interact with Mo. Their crew chemistry in Dance Central 2 was divine. Adorable. But Spotlight has very close to no dialogue.

And Mo. Mo's even worse than Glitch because he was always such a warm, gentle and encouraging character in the past games. Miss Aubrey doesn't even have her sassy remarks. And she's gorgeous in Spotlight.

Unless their sayings are secret unlockables, I think the dancers turning silent is a sad loss of magic. It was already a huge hit to have so many knocked off. Budget restrictions fine, whatever, but there was 50x more dialogue in DC1. We couldn't have gotten at least some 'good jobs' or 'you're really cool'? I would've died from cuteness if Glitchhad a few lines, and I loved Mo's warm, witty charm. And hey, anybody think Bodie looked better in DC2 than he does in Spotlight? How did such a beach-going babe turn into THAT?

If I were reviewing this for a magazine, I'd list one major pro. Glitch. But throw in the absence of dialogue, Bodie and even the routines, I'd knock it down several notches. In the end, it just feels like Spotlight was rushed to give us fans something to shut up over, and so HMX could go back to Fantasia. If Glitch hadn't made the cut I'd give it a 7.

Spotlight is yet another pearl in HMX's treasury, but it's tiny compared to other DCs and what they're REALLY capable of. DC4's going to be a blockbuster legend, but if it being released in several months instead of two years will make the difference between another Spotlight and a masterpiece, I'd rather wait until Fall 2016 for DC4.

YEAH. A lot of feelings for a game I can't even play. I just watch it on Youtube and look at fan art.
  • Dance Central Spotlight is definitely a half hearted effort but I figured that is why it is 10 bucks and called Spotlight. I hope for Dance Central 4 they put some heart back into it.
  • Dance Central Spotlight is definitely a half hearted effort but I figured that is why it is 10 bucks and called Spotlight. I hope for Dance Central 4 they put some heart back into it.

So do I. I thought Spotlight was spectacular until it dawned on me: nobody says anything. Just watched a DC3 video with Mo and at the end he said "That's just how we do it" and I was like OMFG WHY U NO SAY ANYTHING IN SPOTLIGHT WHY. Would it have REALLY broken the piggy bank to give him a SENTENCE? Maybe two?

Harmonix is like pure Disney magic to me, so I have faith DC4 will be nothing short of phenomenal. Unless it comes out right behind Spotlight...
  • I don't have the game so I'm not going to review but rather reply to some posts.
    Tamponax said:

Hello,
    The fact that the shop is almost mixed with your songs is disturbing ! It feels like a big smartphone free-to-play game ! (and there's not even an option to hide it...). The songs navigation menu is sluggish (all the time out of v-sync).

The actual tracklist is (once again ?) mostly made of basic us r'n'b/pop hits ! I wanna dance ! It really lacks good dance/eurodance anthems (2unlimited, Vengaboys, etc) but that point is very personnal.

I agree with you. The menu def. looks like that and while I somewhat like it, something about it feels sloppy.

As for the tracklist, I think most are modern for this (and the past) game(s) because it would prob. appeal to a lot more people having more recent songs.

There have always been moves in the game that don't sync to human rhythmic tendencies, and the slow double clap in "Applause" when the clapping in the song is occurring much faster is a definite throw off, but it's not like there are alot of these moves in the songs.

I've noticed that too with some of the moves not exactly matching to the song.

YEAH. A lot of feelings for a game I can't even play. I just watch it on Youtube and look at fan art.

lol. That's pretty much me for this game. Not so much fan art though.

And tbh I feel like they made most of the routines lockable for longer value.

• edited September 2014
    Tamponax said:

Hello,

I feel the same about Spotlight :/

I'm pretty disapointed. I agree with you about all the things you said.

I also think that graphics look "empty". Everything seems washed-out (look at the blacks, they're almost grey and my Xbox is set on Extented range). I also wonder why the game doesn't run in full screen ! These black borders are so anoying ! Characters look more like robots, no more speaking, routines are mostly made of old moves and stages lacks charisma.

The "DJ" guy is freaking boring (his voice is terrible in french). We are forced to play EVERY SONG in ULTRA easy mode at least once ! So tiresome... The sound clips in the song selection are HORRIBLY compressed ! It sounds like a bad late 90's mp3 ! The crowd noise in the background is grating. The fact that the shop is almost mixed with your songs is disturbing ! It feels like a big smartphone free-to-play game ! (and there's not even an option to hide it...). The songs navigation menu is sluggish (all the time out of v-sync).

Ik know that many of these things are details but I can't stand it.

The good thing is that the game is pretty young and all these points can still be patched. I cross my fingers... really :/

Thank you for bringing up the characters. Everyone's so laser-focused on the copy-and-paste routines, no one hardly notices the stars of Dance Central. They're pretty close to being mere icons because every drop of personality is gone. I just watched a DC3 video and there's NO WAY anyone can say Spotlight's better than DC3 because 3 just has a 1,000 times more personality. And Bodie. The REAL Bodie. Bodie isn't creepy in 2 or 3. He's adorable.

I agree with you on the graphics-until the stages light up, they're pretty bland.
  • edited September 2014
    First : The game run at only 30 frame per second , first time for a Dance Central , all DC run at magic 60fps on XBOX 360 and its very important for the MOVE GAME.

Backgrounds are poor on details and animation and FX ....

French DJ voice is very baaaad ....

Menu are SLUGISH ( like all XBOX ONE menus with Kinect ... ) XBOX 360 Kinect was smooth at 60fps .....

Its look like the artistic direction is not the same than before ...

The game is still good but not Fantastic and Magic like the 1st Dance Central ( the best from FAR !!! ) with his Perfect artistic direction ( animé Intro from Robert Valley , great menus and audio ambiant , 60 fps , character modelisation and more .... )

Harmonix need to check again 1st Dance Central as a reference.
  • Thank you for bringing up the characters. Everyone's so laser-focused on the copy-and-paste routines, no one hardly notices the stars of Dance Central. They're pretty close to being mere icons because every drop of personality is gone. I just watched a DC3 video and there's NO WAY anyone can say Spotlight's better than DC3 because 3 just has a 1,000 times more personality. And Bodie. The REAL Bodie. Bodie isn't creepy in 2 or 3. He's adorable.

I agree with you on the graphics-until the stages light up, they're pretty bland.

To be fair, this is a dancing game so the base would have to be solidified before adding the coat of paint aka the characters (I really liked that analogy :p xD)

I do agree though that the characters don't have that spunk they did in previous games.

• edited September 2014
    Osiris55 said:

First : The game run at only 30 frame per second , first time for a Dance Central , all DC run at magic 60fps on XBOX 360 and its very important for the MOVE GAME.

OMG it's true ! I forgot to mention that ! I also noticed that and it's another disturbing point ! I don't know why but routines look less "real" now.
    Osiris55 said:

French DJ voice is very baaaad ....

Haha ! It is worse than very baaaad, it's freaking HORRIBLE !!!!! And there's no way to mute that guy ! (btw, voice commands work... sometimes...).

I wonder what they thought... "oh anyway, DC is such a mainstream franchise, why bother with details ?".
  • edited September 2014

Thank you for bringing up the characters. Everyone's so laser-focused on the copy-and-paste routines, no one hardly notices the stars of Dance Central. They're pretty close to being mere icons because every drop of personality is gone. I just watched a DC3 video and there's NO WAY anyone can say Spotlight's better than DC3 because 3 just has a 1,000 times more personality. And Bodie. The REAL Bodie. Bodie isn't creepy in 2 or 3. He's adorable.

To be fair, this is a dancing game so the base would have to be solidified before adding the coat of paint aka the characters (I really liked that analogy :p xD)

I do agree though that the characters don't have that spunk they did in previous games.

Hi there. :) Speaking of the base, my apologies if I skewer your analogy, but hearing about so many glitches in Spotlight, and Riptide's character models, makes me wonder: was anyone interested in building something as stable as the Eiffel Tower, or a Jenga tower? The stages as you start off are watery, even when you compare them to DC1's venues. I know Spotlight has a base price of $10, so I guess we're all kinda dumb here for expecting too much of anything, new routines included. Especially since the target audience was people that have never played a single DC. Add the people that just wanted a new DC game and boom. It's a blockbuster success. Who cares, right?

I'm glad someone made this thread. :) Back on topic: the stages. The team wanted to utilize, or at least practice with the XBOX One technology. Okay, then, why are the starting stages weaker compared to those in DC1? Let alone DC3. Spotlight makes DC3 even more of an inspirational masterpiece. And can SOMEONE please explain to me why Bodie and Emilia look like low budget PS2 characters, when they were absolutely breathtaking before? Couldn't they have just copied and pasted their DC2 selves into it? Do all XBOX One games have characters that look like them? I think there's something I'm missing because I don't own an XBOX One.

Okay. And the sped up DLC production? Everyone that was worried about this game being rushed was 100% correct. And can't forget the reused moves. I actually think the routines are fun, and not as rehashes of old routines. But push aside my personal opinions, we throw the old moves into the equation and we come out with this:

"Okay, here's a new Dance Central game! Now we can go back to work on Fantasia YEAH!"

But okay. We can talk about budget restrictions, HMX working on Fantasia and 54367 other games, them practicing with the One. Fine. But the dancers. There was such creative, magical dialogue from DC1-DC3. Finding out Oblio was Tan's son? Pure writing magic. Now it's suddenly non-existent in Spotlight? They couldn't keep the VAs long enough to record even a word of dialogue (outside the menu)? The Crew spirit, Crew Challenges, it's not there.

Even if you remove the dancers from the equation, there are still very damaging flaws: the look, the feel, and the routines. That was what separated Dance Central from all the rest: heart. It's like the difference between serving two cookies from the same baker. Yeah, it's a cookie. One's flat and burnt while the other's spectacular. But in the end, it's a cookie, right? So from that perspective, Spotlight gets a 10. What reviewer cares about any of the points we've brought up?

If we had a choice between this and a Spotlight not being released until next year, I would've chosen next year. Rock Band fans had better watch out: they might end up with Rock Band: Spotlight. So RB fans QUIET DOWN! FLEE!

Eagerly awaiting Dance Central 4. And may it not come out until after Fantasia and other projects they're honed in on.
  • TheFanofJDCTheFanofJDC Rising Star
    edited September 2014

Hi there. :) Speaking of the base, my apologies if I skewer your analogy, but hearing about so many glitches in Spotlight, and Riptide's character models, makes me wonder: was anyone interested in building something as stable as the Eiffel Tower, or a Jenga tower?

I'm glad someone made this thread. :) Back on topic: the stages. The team wanted to utilize, or at least practice with the XBOX One technology. Okay, then, why are the starting stages weaker compared to those in DC1? Let alone DC3. Spotlight makes DC3 even more of an inspirational masterpiece. And can SOMEONE please explain to me why Bodie and Emilia look like low budget PS2 characters, when they were absolutely breathtaking before? Couldn't they have just copied and pasted their DC2 selves into it?

lol at the analogy. I like it.

Anyway, from what it looks like, the models (or at least the heads) are used for the backup dancers. (A lot of them look like the characters) I posted a video on another thread where there was a comparison between Whip It on DC3 and Spotlight both with Emilia and first time I saw I didn't recognize who that person on the right was. And when I looked at it I realized how different they made the characters. Not so much the hair and body (Which I think are fine) but the face which looks nothing like the ones in the Disc games.

I've done about 10 songs now varying between DLC and with purchase, and I haven't noticed moves repeating between songs.

Moves do repeat, (Although the chance of that not happening with 50 songs even if the routines were brand new was very slim) From what I've seen so far, there seems to be some type of differentness/uniqueness between all the routines. (Going by Pro btw)

• There is a back dancer who looks like Glitch... with boobs xD
    I also think that Miss Aubrey (my fav dancer) should be called Miss Piggy by now >__>
  • TheFanofJDCTheFanofJDC Rising Star
    edited September 2014
    Tamponax said:

There is a back dancer who looks like Glitch... with boobs xD

Seeing Glitch being tall is one thing, seeing him as a girl is another. (I think there are like 3 different girl Glitches in the game)

• wapoozteam2wapoozteam2 Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    look at this

does it ring a bell??

Aren't the same?

T_T!! I was waiting for more than this copy and paste routines!
  • look at this
    [video]
    does it ring a bell??
    [other video]
    Aren't the same?

T_T!! I was waiting for more than this copy and paste routines!

The two videos you shared do not share routines as far as I see. Is there a certain timestamp for each video we should be looking at, or are you trying to show that moves are reused in this game, as they were reused in the previous games?
  • Honestly, I don't see that much similarities between these two routines :p Some moves are shared but it fits very well both songs in this case.
  • edited September 2014
    It's fascinating and very sad, how divided the fanbase is over Spotlight. One side adores it because its a brand new Dance Central. The other other side loathes it purely because of the recycled moves, taking apart the routines as if we're taking Choreography 101 at UCLA or something. This isn't a stab at those going 'ah, that routine could've been better, but hey, it's good at some points'. But plenty are making their fury over the routines known. Now there are several people, not just here, saying Spotlight's routines were 100% copied from past games.

I too think the routines could've used more variety, but given the budget/time crunch and possible favoritism towards other projects, 100% brand new routines were impossible. While I think Turn It Down For What's Pro routine is too slow, I think plenty of other routines are magical fun. Very well put together. And honestly, I highly doubt anyone playing at a birthday party or wedding reception is going to pause the game and go 'hey, I've seen that move before!'

The thing I think Spotlight is missing is heart. You just turn it on and it starts. That's it . Other than the crowd noises, there's very little life. It's like a demo compared to the other DC masterpieces. But there's such an intense divide over the choreography, makes me wonder if people will put DC4 under a microscope if even one move is recycled. There are people that hated Spotlight from the jump over reused moves, bought it and STILL hate it because of the reused moves.

Ah. I don't know. I was hoping for a much bigger party for a series that's near and dear to my heart.
  • @LUNARBEAT07 - I agree with what you're saying here. I personally believe DCS is a 'tie me over' for fans to enjoy until the Harmonix team can finish the outstanding projects they have going on now like Fantasia and so forth. Perhaps when those ones are complete, they would work on a more in depth Dance Central. I strongly believe that is what it is, which is what you spoke about in terms of why recycled moves are used. To me, it's still a lot of fun albeit the lack of heart (only character voices are at character selection screen). It does feel a little bit lifeless, even in the stages, they feel empty and the fact that well, the backup dancers are always in the shadow kind of make them seem pointless. I really look forward to a proper Dance Central but for now, the 'tie me over' can hold me off until then.
  • <

The two videos you shared do not share routines as far as I see. Is there a certain timestamp for each video we should be looking at, or are you trying to show that moves are reused in this game, as they were reused in the previous games?

I'm guessing he means that this routine reminds him of another routine.(?)

• dfenty said:

@LUNARBEAT07 - I agree with what you're saying here. I personally believe DCS is a 'tie me over' for fans to enjoy until the Harmonix team can finish the outstanding projects they have going on now like Fantasia and so forth. Perhaps when those ones are complete, they would work on a more in depth Dance Central. I strongly believe that is what it is, which is what you spoke about in terms of why recycled moves are used. To me, it's still a lot of fun albeit the lack of heart (only character voices are at character selection screen). It does feel a little bit lifeless, even in the stages, they feel empty and the fact that well, the backup dancers are always in the shadow kind of make them seem pointless. I really look forward to a proper Dance Central but for now, the 'tie me over' can hold me off until then.

:) It's a massive tease at what Dance Central 4 can be, and a very tiny scratch at what Harmonix can accomplish! Honestly, I adore the routines (except for one I think is too slow, but that's my opinion). And like many fans here, no one's going to say 'stop, I've seen that move before' while playing with their family! It's a very fun game!

Earlier I saw a video with Spotlight's menu and I was blown away by how QUIET it was. It's like you turn the game on, make your choices and go. It was upsetting because of how vibrant the other games are. THEN the biggest fatal flaw in my book: the characters. Outside of the menu, they're lifeless. It's like Pixar making Finding Nemo and then Finding Dory is five minutes long with stick figures! And it's very sad because I want to hug the characters and Spotlight Glitch is inhumanely adorable BUT THEY NO TALK :( :(

I too heartily look forward to a true Dance Central, one where Harmonix shines in all of its incredible glory!
  • i really don't like DC Spotlight since it's digital content only and i rather stick to DC 3 than play this game.
  • I'm loving it as I knew I would. Hopefully some solid DLC is planned for the future of it. Also hoping they start doing challenges on a weekly basis or at least tied to new DLC. Always nice having a little something to work toward.
  • The fact that Spotlight is dlc only is a good point for me. I have never been a huge fan of the tracklists in any DC (too much american rnb and not enough real dance tracks) but since I LOVE dancing games, I deal with it. Witch DLC I'm sure to love all of my song selection :p
  • Hope HMX is working on DC4
  • If they do, I hope that Spotlight DLC will be compatible with DC4
  • BoodieBoodie Unsigned
    edited September 2014
    1- HMNX is outta of money, and DC is the game that give'em more money so they made a version just to get some money to give us in the future a better game. thanks HMNX, cause at least we got a DC

2- The graphics are soooooo cool! I just love it. I prefer graphics like DCS and DC1. games like DC2 are so purpurine, I don't like it.

3- The choreos are so ridiculous, the modes are totally outta of purpose. the serious mode are Totally not serious, the monster mode should be for those who dance so good that looks like a monster, and not a dance with ''Imma monster'' steps, like''wake me up''. some songs in the alt pro are easier than pro mode, and as I know, the DEVS said for us that the alt pro would be for those who take dance a little serious,really HMNX I'm not seeing that. the alt mode should bring variety in styles, like, If you get a routine on pro that is a little feminine, on alternate pro should be harder and should bring another dance style, IF THE PRO IS FEMININE THE ALT PRO SHOULD BE MANLY., and if the pro is manly the alt pro should be feminine as well, there are so many people who dont like to play the sexy or move your hips, there is so much songs I love in this game and I can't play it because HMNX isn't dealing with what was said when the game was in development. I'm down with that.

4- I think that the all games of Dc series should bring all the characters everytime, except for those robots whom nobody play with lol. I know that HMNX is without money but at least the base characters like: Angel, Lil'T, Jaryn, Kerith, Oblio, McCoy and Dare with those 6 that are on spotlight should be in every single game... we could get'em as an update later... and new characters (human being) is welcome too hahaha

5- the personality is gone, but I think that is not a problem at all since the devs its not in conditions.

6- they could not bring the CD base songs, that sucks, because now we can't dance to songs that was made by choreographers anymore, just some dlcs... I don't like dance songs made bu authors...

7- the 8 modes is a really good idea, but some moves that was used to make some cardio choreo or the alt easy mode or the strenght mode fits so nice with song to be wasted in those easy modes (this is my thought, based on what I've saw in applause and other choreos, like the ''clap along'', ''step side & clap" of cardio routine. ''listen Up'', ''aww bees'' from fierce and the ''pop switch'' and ''give it all slow'' from streght. These moves could make toghether a really nice choreo on pro mode, but they're appart)
    some choreos could be remake for adaptation when DC4 came out, like:
    Titanium - this choreo have a serious issue and the moves on the electronic part are so ease that makes me wanna sleep

Applause - this song could be realy nice if it was harder, or with the original choreo lol
    Problem - by the trailer I thought this songs was amazing... its not

Summer - when u listen to calvin harris voice do you really imagine a feminine routine like that ? some songs that deserves to have a manly mode doesn't have one... why ??? its really non sense put a manly mode on airplanes that alreay got one manly pro choreo, and put a beautiful mode on summertime sadness.

Alejandro - please HMNX, why can't u guys make an Original mode ? with the original choreo, would be really fun, Just dance is making this but they are making too feminine, they're not following the original steps... only gangnam style have the original choreo.

Come and get it - This choreo is bad maked, something is really wrong with this one, this song should be like 'Beware of the boys'

Turn Down For What - Where is the insanity of this song ?? this song is too easy for what its deserves, and I'm talking about pro and alternates because obvious that every song gotta have easy routines, but this song have to be insane! hope it get a remake

Summertime Sadness - I just think that should get alt routines that bring more variety

So, I think I dont like this game, BUT I understand what HMNX is passing throught. If they had kept the sale of DC3 DLC, today, maybe, they were not in this conditions. At least we got a dance central... I just hope that they don't put any gaga song on this game anymore, because I like her songs so much and I'm begging for reajustments or remake some routines, but I dont think HMNX will make that and I dont want to ''lose'' her songs :P
  • As a Diehard DC fan, i think its important for the dev to know how ppl feel

DCS tbh was a mostly unsuccessful game to most DCers. Graphics or venues or characters are not a prob, but 100% reused moves are failure in my opinion.
    Why do we buy or support DC?
    To LEARN NEW ROUTINES. Not redance old movesets.

Even a normal DCer can create/reuse better moveset. I was hoping to have even one choreographer to create the routines. V. Disappointing this time with thw absence of a choreography dev. a real routine to mimic n take inspiration

If DCS was an arcade game in the streets, id give it ago. Altho me n a fd played dcs in an anime expo thrice n performed well coz we know the moves, i didnt enjoy too much. Alt Pro in addition were Alt Beginners. routibes. Maybe u guys should call ut alt cardio or alt strength routines.

NOT CHALLENGING is the word that many DCers would like to say.
  • edited September 2014
    Minus the 5 of us talking about the characters and storyline, it seems like Spotlight's only complaint is the recycled moves from its audience. More than enough evidence to prove that Spotlight has no personality. Not nearly as many people complained about recycled moves in Dance Central 2, 3 or even 1 having recycled moves in different routines.

So from that angle I sympathize with everyone going 'RECYCLED MOVES, BORING'. No one's going to complain about reused moves at a party or friend's house. Kids aren't going to complain. Reviewers across the board are giving Spotlight 8s, 9s and 10s because hey, new Dance Central. Instant hit! But for everyone tearing the routines apart and calling foul, well, what else is there to talk about?

Outside of Glitch, here's the answer. Not much.