1/13/15 DLC Discussion Thread - Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited January 2015 in Rock Band
hmxhenry said:

Hey gang!

After a brief hiatus (*cough*21 months*cough*) we're releasing brand new Rock Band DLC tomorrow! New tracks from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters will hit Xbox 360 and PS3 on Tuesday 1/13. Check out the full press release below for additional details, and we'll update this thread with answers to frequently asked questions as the week goes on.

We've missed rocking with all of you. :)

-HMXhenry

ROCK BAND™ MUSIC STORE SPRINGS TO LIFE WITH NEW MUSIC FROM ARCTIC MONKEYS, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, AND FOO FIGHTERS!

Cambridge, Mass. – January 12th, 2015 – Harmonix today announced that new tracks from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters are headed to the Rock Band™ Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

Rock Band provides the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums through the Rock Band music platform, which features more than 1,400 artists and more than 3,500* tracks via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at www.rockband.com/songs). Rock Band’s gigantic music library dwarfs that of any other rhythm video game on the market. More than 100 million songs have been sold through the Rock Band Music Store since its launch on Nov. 20, 2007.

Tracks downloaded from the Rock Band Music Store are compatible with the award-winning full-band Rock Band 3 experience, as well as the controller-based rhythm-action title, Rock Band Blitz, available now on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade!

Rock Band DLC Additions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system

On Tuesday, January 13th, new music from Arctic Monkeys, Avenged Sevenfold, and Foo Fighters will hit the Rock Band Music Store!

“R U Mine?” marks the first appearance of the Grammy Award winning Arctic Monkeys on the Rock Band platform. From 2013’s critically acclaimed album AM, “R U Mine?” – with its driving riffs, syncopated rock beats, and memorable hook – is perfect for Artic Monkeys’ Rock Band debut.

One of the most fan requested artists, Avenged Sevenfold, makes their return to Rock Band with “Shepherd Of Fire.” The track comes from the band’s sixth studio record, 2013’s Billboard chart-topping Hail to the King.

Foo Fighters’ “Something From Nothing” from the band’s latest, 2014’s Sonic Highways, will also be available for download. Heard in the opening sequence of the hit HBO music documentary series Sonic Highways, directed by Foo Fighters’ frontman Dave Grohl, “Something From Nothing” topped the charts when it was released last October.

Available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system (January 13th, 2015):

• Arctic Monkeys – “R U Mine?”
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Shepherd Of Fire”
• Foo Fighters – “Something From Nothing”

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per song

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 14th)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

DLC! In 2015! Discuss!

***EDIT FROM HMXHENRY'S POST LATER IN THE THREAD***

Hey gang! Sorry for not popping into this thread sooner. Yesterday's announcement was kind of a madhouse, in the best possible way. :)

I just wanted to let folks know that we're still waiting on a fix from Microsoft to push the Arctic Monkeys and Avenged Sevenfold tracks to the store. We hope to have everything live by the end of the week, and we'll update all of you as soon as we know more.

As for other questions that have been popping up (does this mean RB4 is coming, why no Wii, why no keys, etc), we're tracking most of those for an FAQ that we should be able to post later this week. That should hopefully address most of the big questions, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to catch anything that slips through the cracks!

***ANOTHER EDIT FROM HMXHENRY***

Posting the FAQ link here to answer some of the most common questions we've seen since announcing DLC and releasing that survey earlier today. I'll keep glued to this thread, and will add to the FAQ as needed.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/257224/new-rock-band-dlc-coming-jan-13th-foo-fighters-avenged-sevenfold-arctic-monkeys#latest

Comments

• tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    :D
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited January 2015
    Wow! So, the burning question on everyone's mind - why now? And more importanly, will there be more?

If so, how often? And which do you choose, a hard or soft option?

Thanks Harmonix!
  • This is cool.
  • did not expect this at all! I wonder what this means for the future

as for the songs, I know each of the bands but don't know the songs, looking them up right now

but I am glad that I have some leftover money after buying some Fantasia DLC
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Stoked... I would've expected a much bigger and "hyped" announcement... but totally dig the nonchalant-ness as well. I don't even care that it's MORE Foo and MORE A7X... hopefully it sells well and gets some traction. I'll be happily buying 'em all and enjoy playing new stuff!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    guess i'll ask the obvious questions:

1) is this just a one-off, or should we expect more songs in the (near) future?
    2) did i fall asleep for 2 1/2 months and wake up on april fools day?
    3) is this heaven?
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    THEY'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    whaaaaaaaaat
  • Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2015
    O. M. G.
    Buying all three, if only to show my strong approval of this move, but the songs seem cool too.
    I love you, Harmonix.
  • DStone39DStone39 Rising Star
    Beyond stoked for more Rock Band DLC! :smiley:
  • wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Wow!!!! Some very exciting news! It looks like the heart of rocking roll IS still beating!
    I'm going to need a refresher on how to buy MS points. I think they changed the whole system since I last bought anything (which corresponded with the end of weekly Rock Band DLC).

Also, hmxhenry...does this mean I have to start trolling this forum again?
  • xlguruxlguru Unsigned
    edited January 2015
    it looks like a feeler to see if the interest is still there
    edit: it is !
  • ArkaneArkane Opening Act
    OMG, what a great way to start the year, Harmonix Employees, I love you so much :)
  • Standard questions everyone else has.

I'm feeling the Foo Fighters' track. Don't get me wrong; I was going to buy SOMETHING, if for no other reason to help motivate you guys to do more. :) But I'm happy to say that track caught my attention.
    Also, I totally guessed that Foos song in the weekly prediction thread.
  • OMG OMG.

But will there be more DLC in the near future.
  • Woop.
  • I also wonder if this will be a weekly thing again, or if this will be more of a now and then (or whenever the Foo release a new album. :wink: )
  • after listening to them on youtube, I think I will buy the Arctic Monkeys and the Foo Fighters songs
  • beefigurskbeefigursk Rising Star
    I am beyond broke right now, but I have been waiting for Arctic Monkeys DLC for seven damn years. WELCOME BACK BOYS AND GIRLS!
  • TyphuzTyphuz Unsigned
    Wow, did not see this coming! Since American Pie I found myself thinking "this song would be great for DLC" over and over. Something From Nothing was definitely one of those with the crazy Stevie Wonder 70's keyboard in it, looking forward to annoying the family tomorrow! Hopefully this is leading to a new full game, or DLC transfers and a move + expansion pack to the new consoles.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    I'm back baby! Best... news... evar!!!
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    I would've liked better songs, but who cares... i'm going to buy these on the 21st as soon as they're up on the AU PSN Store... keep em coming Harmonix!

It's a nice surprise for the new year!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I woke up groggy this morning, because I had stayed up way too late last night. When I saw the announcement, I wasn't convinced that this isn't just some whacked-out dream. I still am not convinced.

I will be grabbing the Foo Fighters and Avenged Sevenfold tracks, though A7x only because other people online seem to love their A7x (I personally think Hail to the King is their worst album; it's bland and tasteless, and I LIKE Avenged Sevenfold). Here's to a brighter future.