The UnOfficial Stage Kit Topic™ - Coming 2017, maybe...?

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I don't expect HMX to ever say it isn't happening. They have stated before that there are some loyal and vocal SK users on the HMX team, so even if nothing is in the works right now SK support could always come at a later date.
  • I don't expect HMX to ever say it isn't happening. They have stated before that there are some loyal and vocal SK users on the HMX team, so even if nothing is in the works right now SK support could always come at a later date.

Even then at least it's some kind of clarification that it's possible, which is more than we have right now.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    Well it must have been on the roadmap since they did push MS to approve it for the whitelist on the PDP adpater, so I guess it depends on how far back they can push it. I'm just hoping the delay in including it is so that they can first make the lighting in RB4 better than it currently is. It currently doesn't correlate to the music as well as the RB1/RB2 tracks did :(
  • I desperately neeeed it!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I doubt the Stage Kit is going to be made compatible on new consoles (or that they'll ever make a new one). It was a niche item when the game was a huge hit. Now that the game stays afloat with a niche, cult audience, that group of Stage Kit people has got to be insanely small.
    tdc002 said:

Now that the game stays afloat with a niche, cult audience, that group of Stage Kit people has got to be insanely small.

Hopefully some on the niche-sters still work at HMX.
  • Well the controller works on the Xbox. If Harmonix can only afford to send the controller random light/smoke cues that's better than nothing.

As it stands I'm using the lightworks software which means I also need a laptop running and I have a very basic script running within that that tells the smoke machine to fire every X seconds and the lights to cycle through in a loop.

Syncing would be a dream come true though o:)
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act
    edited April 29
    I make a setlist in RB3 and have that play on easy vocals, while playing RB4 just to use the stage kit. Doesnt sync up, but at least I have lights and fog! I am still keeping my fingers crossed they patch it in one day.
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    There's a new topic over on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/68nwxc/rock_band_stage_kit/?st=j279wjdm&sh=0d70f733

Go upvote/leave comments it if you have an account there!!
  • Jrocker23Jrocker23 Unsigned
    Really would love to see full support for this.. Please Harmonix... My family would love it
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    I'm guessing the new patch didn't add Stage Kit support secretly? I'll pass on the 7GB download and stick with RB3 for now.
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act

I'm guessing the new patch didn't add Stage Kit support secretly? I'll pass on the 7GB download and stick with RB3 for now.

Wasn't part of the patch notes but I haven't checked myself. No word at all still on the kit :(

It's worth updating and playing the new missions though!
  • edited June 7
    I would buy a stage kit if they were supported in RB4 but on Amazon there are all kinds of music activated lights, strobes and laser options.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act

I would buy a stage kit if they were supported in RB4 but on Amazon there are all kinds of music activated lights, strobes and laser options.

Don't they all require a computer and some software/hardware?
  • dlchief58dlchief58 Opening Act

There are some standalone ones that just use the music to generate the light show. I added one a few years ago to supplement my Stage Kit and use in other games like Guitar Hero and Rocksmith.
    edited June 8

dlchief58 said:

There are some standalone ones that just use the music to generate the light show. I added one a few years ago to supplement my Stage Kit and use in other games like Guitar Hero and Rocksmith.

I have several cheap little lights from Amazon that have sound activation modes built in. I think they are awesome even though they don't sync to the game like the Stage Kit did. I have a $35 moonflower, an awesome $15 derby-style light, a $12 wash, and a couple of other cheapos that didn't work out so great. I keep meaning to pick up one of the <$20 cheapo chinese made lasers, but I haven't pulled the trigger on one of those yet. My Rock Band room is only so big and I haven't settled on a non Stage Kit smoke option yet.

I have some of those remote controlled outlets thingies and I plug the effects into them so that I can use a single remote to turn them on indiviually or all at once.

EDIT: I also really like to turn on the lighting effects when I'm playing Rocksmith. :)
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    I'm taking Rock Band to a gathering soon and honestly have to debate whether or not to take RB3 or RB4 based on Stage Kit alone.

I really hope we get compatibility soon so that I can lay Rock Band 3 to rest.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Also... that's still up here.