The UnOfficial Stage Kit Topic™ - Coming 2016, but maybe not

Comments

• RB parties just aren't the same without the Stage Kits - I really hope Harmonix continues to support them.
  • I completely agree. The stage kit adds so much to the overall experience. Best add on I ever bought. It would be really disappointing if Rock Band 4 didn't support it.
  • Stage kit adds so much to the overall experience. Please support it!!!
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    edited March 2015
    As far as I know, the XBOne supports up to 8 controllers simultaneously. That's means, if they kept the keyboard, all four instruments could be used at once, all three harmonists could have a controller, and the stage kit could work. All this without any "all-instrument mode" nonsense. Hey, a man can dream can't he?
  • xlguruxlguru Unsigned
    I missed the SK boat even though I've been playing RB since 2007 and I have 1,307 songs but would love to buy one and have RB4 support it.
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    Wow, way to completely disregard the other active thread concerning this.
  • wow, way to add absolutely nothing to the topic. Maybe when I looked, I couldn't find another thread on the topic. Maybe when I searched Stage Kits, nothing showed up. But once again, thanks for your great input on the topic.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    I wonder what % of Rock Band players actually own A stage kit? lol

(Note: I own a stage kit)
  • IraVirusIraVirus Unsigned
    I wish I owned a stage kit after these posts on the forums.
    With "hundreds of thousands of unique players on-line each month" ... I'm guessing it's less than 1%

@IraVirus, I didn't use it much...but it was AWESOME! =)
  • IraVirusIraVirus Unsigned
    Yeah. Someone posted a video in the other thread. Man, that would have made all that playing in my living room a little immersive.
    LoopyChew said:

@LoopyChew, hue lighting? That sounds interesting.
    How expensive is "expenisve"?

Like hundred bucks a bulb expensive. A starter set is I think $280, which includes three bulbs and the control hub.
    Are you referring to Phillips?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

LoopyChew said:

@LoopyChew, hue lighting? That sounds interesting.
    How expensive is "expenisve"?

Like hundred bucks a bulb expensive. A starter set is I think $280, which includes three bulbs and the control hub.
    Are you referring to Phillips?
    Phillips hue, yes.
    Nice!

I actually thought about getting their starter kit for the LED strips and then control it with the harmony.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I own three.
  • One thread on this will be plenty folks. Thanks.

• Doc_SoCal said:

One thread on this will be plenty folks. Thanks.

Sorry if I created another topic if there was one already!

Back on topic... this was the video that sold the Stage Kit to me and my quest to import one in to the UK began...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/3795439/bleep-bloop-we-got-a-fog-machine

Postage cost me as much as the machine itself and import duty again on top :#

I don't think my friends and family will ever understand my two biggest addictions... Rock Band and Music Records :'(
  • No worries Mate.

Things went from 0 to 120 pretty fast around here.

• bandnewbbandnewb Unsigned
    I'd be interested is one as they never made it to the UK.
    @LoopyChew, Just so I'm understanding correctly. You use the Hue lighting with Rock Band 3 currently?
    How exactly does that work? I mean do you just have different custom moods/settings and then just alternate as you see fit?

Or in other words...there's no interactivity with Rock Band itself and the Hue lights?

@LoopyChew, Just so I'm understanding correctly. You use the Hue lighting with Rock Band 3 currently?
    How exactly does that work? I mean do you just have different custom moods/settings and then just alternate as you see fit?

Or in other words...there's no interactivity with Rock Band itself and the Hue lights?

The latter; no interactivity yet. I think it'd be awesome to figure out Hue synchronization with Rock Band, but the closest thing you can get at the moment is by using an app that gets audio from its surroundings and working off of that.

I remember posting something on Doc's site years ago about seeing if we could tie the Stage Kit API to Hue, but that was before Hue API was made available.

Harmonix has both things available to them, but I doubt a cost-benefit analysis will help me get them to implement Hue in RB, especially since I don't think there's an easy way to get the Xbox/PS4 to communicate directly with the control hub. (There's a hard way--there's always a hard way--in this case it requires a computer program which both emulates a Stage Kit [to receive the force feedback data it uses for the lighting cues] and connects to the Hue control hub [to transmit the cues accordingly] and a USB A-A cable to connect the computer to the Xbox.)
    edited March 2015
    LoopyChew said:

The latter; no interactivity yet. I think it'd be awesome to figure out Hue synchronization with Rock Band, but the closest thing you can get at the moment is by using an app that gets audio from its surroundings and working off of that.

I remember posting something on Doc's site years ago about seeing if we could tie the Stage Kit API to Hue, but that was before Hue API was made available.

Harmonix has both things available to them, but I doubt a cost-benefit analysis will help me get them to implement Hue in RB, especially since I don't think there's an easy way to get the Xbox/PS4 to communicate directly with the control hub. (There's a hard way--there's always a hard way--in this case it requires a computer program which both emulates a Stage Kit [to receive the force feedback data it uses for the lighting cues] and connects to the Hue control hub [to transmit the cues accordingly] and a USB A-A cable to connect the computer to the Xbox.)
    There's an app that will adjust the lighting of the Hue lights based off of audio? How many lights do you have set-up and ummm....wow!

I think you spoke of this app before.
    Care to share again?

LoopyChew said:

There's an app that will adjust the lighting of the Hue lights based off of audio? How many lights do you have set-up and ummm....wow!

Care to share again?
    Hue disco, for Android and iOS. I don't own it so I can't say per se it works as advertised, but if you care to give it a go (it's a pay app) be my guest.
    LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

Care to share again?
    Hue disco, for Android and iOS. I don't own it so I can't say per se it works as advertised, but if you care to give it a go (it's a pay app) be my guest.
    Thanks! Well I just need to get the Hue lights first. ;)
    skyp1e said:
    Sound-activated is nice but laggy (also the reason why I'd rather not use Hue Disco). Also, Hue's more or less about ambient lighting, which is different from DJ lighting. But in terms of bang-for-buck, your thing is probably better, yeah.
    LoopyChew said:

skyp1e said:
    Sound-activated is nice but laggy (also the reason why I'd rather not use Hue Disco). Also, Hue's more or less about ambient lighting, which is different from DJ lighting. But in terms of bang-for-buck, your thing is probably better, yeah.
    Come on Loopy. I want an app that isn't laggy! =P

LoopyChew said:

skyp1e said:
    It's an audio processor that interprets sound waves as they're being broadcast. By nature it has to be laggy. But like I said, I haven't used it, so I don't know how laggy it is.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    How about an RB4 stage-kit like device that is a DMX controller?
    LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

skyp1e said:
    It's an audio processor that interprets sound waves as they're being broadcast. By nature it has to be laggy. But like I said, I haven't used it, so I don't know how laggy it is.
    True point. I simply interpreted it as being a "bad" thing.