The UnOfficial Stage Kit Topic™ - Coming 2017, maybe...?

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Crud, this thing jumped from $199 to $299 since two days ago. I was getting ready to back it but now I don't know. Shoulda jumped immediately instead of waiting for the weekend. I thought I had time since it said "24 days to back", or something like that,
  • "Exclusively compatible with Rock Band Stage Kit, Rock Band 3 Midi PRO-Adapter for Xbox 360, and the ION Drum Rocker for Xbox 360. "

http://pdp.com/en/shop/rock-bandtm-wired-legacy-adapter

So the fix for the drums is the same as the fix for the Stage Kit. Stage-kitters unite!

Chezbutter
    edited September 2016

"Exclusively compatible with Rock Band Stage Kit, Rock Band 3 Midi PRO-Adapter for Xbox 360, and the ION Drum Rocker for Xbox 360. "

http://pdp.com/en/shop/rock-bandtm-wired-legacy-adapter

So the fix for the drums is the same as the fix for the Stage Kit. Stage-kitters unite!

Chezbutter

I think you can stop now. You've posted this in about 5 threads already.

*AND* it's not even remotely new news.
  • edited December 2016
    Hi guys. Long time rock band lover here. Just found out about this thing existing and would love to get one for rb3 parties. Epicness!

One question though: Does the Stage kit for xbox360 support four players simultaneously (singer, drummer, wireless bass, wireless guitar)? I read a review that claimed you can only use it with 3 players or less. Would be great to know what's the truth since I probably wouldn't get one if it didn't work with full band. Thanks :)

Edit: also, this is the only fog fluid I have conveniently available in my country, would this work with the Stage kit (I live outside tyre US and can't get the official fluid shipped here)?

http://www.lazada.co.th/nke-5-2682391.html

Thanks for any comments beforehand, you guys have such a fantastic community here, its really a great sight to behold! Rock on! :)
  • dabrry0523dabrry0523 Road Warrior
    I added my own lights to Rock Band before the Stage Kit was even around, so when it came out I considered getting one, mainly for the fog machine which was worth it, though I have no idea if the stage kt still work, I haven't used the Rock Band Stage kit, for quite a while though... I prefer just using my other two DJ type lights today... (Chauvet LX10, and American DJ Sunray tri LED)
  • DaGrunt said:

Hi guys. Long time rock band lover here. Just found out about this thing existing and would love to get one for rb3 parties. Epicness!

One question though: Does the Stage kit for xbox360 support four players simultaneously (singer, drummer, wireless bass, wireless guitar)? I read a review that claimed you can only use it with 3 players or less. Would be great to know what's the truth since I probably wouldn't get one if it didn't work with full band. Thanks :)

Edit: also, this is the only fog fluid I have conveniently available in my country, would this work with the Stage kit (I live outside tyre US and can't get the official fluid shipped here)?

Thanks for any comments beforehand, you guys have such a fantastic community here, its really a great sight to behold! Rock on! :)

1) The Stage Kit works with RB2 and RB3. The vocalist uses the Stage Kit controller, along with 3 instrument controllers, giving you 4 players. I can't remember on RB3 now but I don't think you can play a 5th person (the drum, bass, guitar, keys and vocals)

RB4 still doesn't support it yet, however it looks like again you can have a full band of 4 people and possibly this time the vocalist will be able to use a regular Xbox controller instead of the one that comes with the Stage Kit

2) Any smoke fluid will work. The Stage Kit smoker is just a regular DJ smoke machine.
  • Thank you so much for your response, man! Rock on! Just to clarify what do you mean by "the vocalist used the Stage kit controller"? I plug in a mic just as usual and instead of a Xbox controller I guide the singers selections with the Stage kit controller instead? Thank you again!!! You people have a frickin awesome rockin community here, keep it up!! :)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

DaGrunt said:

1) The Stage Kit works with RB2 and RB3. The vocalist uses the Stage Kit controller, along with 3 instrument controllers, giving you 4 players. I can't remember on RB3 now but I don't think you can play a 5th person (the drum, bass, guitar, keys and vocals
    Rb3 had all instruments mode for 5 player play, but they implemented that by making the vocals easy unscored and controllerless. If the stage kit requires the vocalist to have a controller, all instruments mode is out.

Look up how to make your own fog machine liquid, then realize how foolish it is to pay the premium fogger fluid companies charge to dilute their glycerin with water.
  • edited December 2016
    Amazing info here!! Btw, does the Stage kit work for all RB3 DLCs - specifically the Iron Maiden pack?? The thought of rocking out to Phantom of the Opera with the strobe lights and have fog come our at the slow part of Rime of the Ancient Mariner is simply too amazing to comprehend ;)

Ps. Does the Stage kit set off fire alarms or sprinklers? My building has both and I don't think they can be disabled (it's a hotel) - as much fun as it sounds I'm not sure if it'd be worth getting kicked out! :D
  • It works with everything.
  • It works with everything.

Even fire alarms
  • I had to pull the batteries out of mine, haha.

Worth it. (Until the fog gets so dense that you can't see the TV).
  • I had to pull the batteries out of mine, haha.

Worth it. (Until the fog gets so dense that you can't see the TV).

Same here. Currently I dilute the fog juice with 75% distilled water to get more of a haze effect for my lights.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Any news to report on which update the stage kit compatibility might appear? With the latest news of PDP's adapter trickery, I'm worried.

(Not to be that guy, but... stage kit compatibility was promised by PDP on the box...)
  • Yeah, my hopes are getting lower... But let see what 2017 will bring.
    My stage kit is waiting...
  • comlabcomlab Unsigned
    Had anybody a chance to test if the stage kit is now working with January update?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    comlab said:

Had anybody a chance to test if the stage kit is now working with January update?

I think they would have announced it if it were.
  • I did check when the wired legacy adapter came out - no go. I'm hoping a wireless stage kit comes out eventually... who knows. I'll sign on for a new one after the 6+ years I got out of the last one.
  • Reminding how awesome it was... Cmon HMX

• +1 for an update if this is on the cards at some point?

I have my legacy adapter imported and ready to go
  • comlabcomlab Unsigned
    I really hoped they enable the stage kit with the release of the legacy adapter, or at least short after the December update. I'm close to lose hope, another 50 bucks wasted to import the usb adapter, grmpf...
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    Did HMX mention anything about a roadmap for this year? Or are we just going to have to wait on random surprise patches?
    I like surprises.
  • I'm hoping this will be announced as part of a Rivals/2017 roadmap this weekend
    New patch, new hopes? Probably not, but at least we know they can generate cell shaded characters now.
  • tiagosouzatiagosouza Unsigned
    edited March 16
    $

New patch, new hopes? Probably not, but at least we know they can generate cell shaded characters now.

According with the patch notes, no :/ I dont think they will release it, if they do, without pdp manufacturing making back the adapters. Rumors say that maybe next month there will be a new "lot" of adapters.
    Played a little RB4 the other day and actually watched the lighting for it's reactions to the music. Must say that the in-game lighting is actually pretty lame in RB4 compared to RB2/RB3. I suppose if we do ever get Stage Kit compatibility in RB4 then it's not going to be as good :(
  • Sorry to be annoying and tag you @HMXOwl but is there anything in the pipeline to support this?

I know there has been no official statement as far as I'm aware from Harmonix about the Stage Kit and RB4 but the device does seem to be half supported (on the hardware side at least now via the USB to USB PDP box)

Is it on an update roadmap anywhere? Definitely not going to happen? Etc etc

Any information you could give at some point to the few of us that this relates to would be great.
  • Skynyrd45Skynyrd45 Opening Act

Sorry to be annoying and tag you @HMXOwl but is there anything in the pipeline to support this?

I know there has been no official statement as far as I'm aware from Harmonix about the Stage Kit and RB4 but the device does seem to be half supported (on the hardware side at least now via the USB to USB PDP box)

Is it on an update roadmap anywhere? Definitely not going to happen? Etc etc

Any information you could give at some point to the few of us that this relates to would be great.

I second this update! I bought 2 PDP wired adapters, one for my drums, one for my stage kit. If stage kit will never be supported, that's fine, but I would like to know so I could sell my extra wired adapter to some poor drummer that does not have one.