RB4 - Rumors and Facts

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    Opps: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/new-year’s-eve-2016-pack/cid=EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBNEWYEARSEV2634

Description

Add New Year’s Eve 2016 Pack to your Rock Band™ song library. Pack includes 'Wake Me Up,' - Avicii, 'Celebration' - Kool & the Gang, 'Party Rock Anthem' - LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock.

• edited December 2016
    Sayburr said:

Opps: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/new-year’s-eve-2016-pack/cid=EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBNEWYEARSEV2634

Description

Add New Year’s Eve 2016 Pack to your Rock Band™ song library. Pack includes 'Wake Me Up,' - Avicii, 'Celebration' - Kool & the Gang, 'Party Rock Anthem' - LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock.

Has anyone purchased this yet?

Edit: also it seems this is only leaked early on the PS4
  • It looks like most of what I've predicted came true (I've rightfully guessed the Female Off-The Charts Pack and the New Years Pack's songs, and at the same time, guessed 3 of the six songs in the Aerosmith 6-Pack.)

I'm glad the Europeans are going to be purchasing the New Years pack earlier, and I don't mind waiting a week to be purchasing it. (Though, I'll probably won't be purchasing it, unless one of the songs is tied to the Next Weekly Challenge after the Boston-themed one.)
  • KKFan5 said:

Sayburr said:

Description

Has anyone purchased this yet?

Edit: also it seems this is only leaked early on the PS4
    seems to be gone...
  • Since this is a rumors and facts section, I was wondering.
    I have a hard time finding any specific section to which i would post my question, so I decided to drop it here.

I plan on getting myself RB4 as soon as I purchase my PS4 next year.
    However, I have heard that the Keyboard is no longer an active instrument in RB4 (which I find a real shame)

I was wondering if it is true that they do not plan on adding it back or give us an option to connect the RB3 Keyboard back into the game.

For a pianist, like myself, the addition of Piano tracks and Keyboard was really thrilling. It opened so many possible songs for the RB genre and widened the spectrum to the Digital/Electric Music. More so than Guitar and Bass could ever hope to achieve.

To see it being dropped after just one game saddens me deeply. I had hoped to see it being picked up and continued for the games to follow. Perhaps even integrated into a possible Five-Player-Band combination.

Harmonix, I do really hope you will see this post. As a follower of the pianist and Electric/Digital/Sythetic Music genre, I do hope you consider a return of the Keyboard for future titles. It's such a wasted opportunity of encouraging people to pick up the game, which have neither interest in playing (or learning to play) the guitar or drums.
  • @LordBloodySoul They've been completely certain about not adding keyboard to RB4 even before RB4 was announced. You can tell from the RB3 DLC batch in 2015 which had no keyboard parts charted despite some of the songs having keyboard parts present (e.g. Something From Nothing). No keys was also confirmed since RB4 was announced whenever asked starting with the Q&A on RB4 announcement day.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/257486/were-ready-for-our-encore-rock-band-4-coming-2015#latest

"Q: What instruments will be playable? Wiill RB4 have Pro guitar and keys?
    A: Rock Band 4 will focus on the core experience and the roots of the franchise – guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. There will be no Pro Guitar or key support in Rock Band 4. We will continue to support “Pro” mode for Drums."

The closest you'll ever get to keyboard on RB4 is keyboard charts on guitar.

• tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

The closest you'll ever get to keyboard on RB4 is keyboard charts on guitar.

on the bright side, we've been getting LOTS AND LOTS of those.
  • Has anyone had any problems with achievement tracking on Xbox since the last patch?

I'm still working on all 5 stars on expert but since doing 4-5 songs this week that I know I haven't scored on before, it's stuck on 78%. I haven't got enough XP this week so far to see if the tracking for Level 50 works, hopefully I can confirm that part during this week sometime.

I haven't filed a bug report yet because I wanted to test it some more and see if anyone else had the same problem.
  • @TheRainbowTrouts Are you playing in quickplay one song at a time? There's a possibility that even setlists or picking weekly challenge songs in the Rivals menu don't count.

To be honest I think they should just adapt the achievement and allow from all modes.
  • @TheRainbowTrouts Are you playing in quickplay one song at a time? There's a possibility that even setlists or picking weekly challenge songs in the Rivals menu don't count.

To be honest I think they should just adapt the achievement and allow from all modes.

It's worked previously using Rivals mode (as that is just quickplay with a filter). That's how I've been working on songs since Rival came out as you get no XP credit for playing outside of the theme so I've only been getting 5 stars on the songs that fit that particular week.

But I have tried quickplay yesterday to rule that out in case the patch last week changed things and the tracking counter hasn't moved for quickplay either.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2016
    @TheRainbowTrouts Ok so it's pretty clear that you've got the 5 stars tracked for 51/65 songs for the 78% to have happened.

A possible idea I've thought of is maybe the 12 Rivals songs are being (accidentally) counted into the percentage by the update that added those. After all, the songs were baked into the update so they act as disc songs in the form of songs that can't be deleted at all.

So your 51/65 ~78% becoming 51/77 ~66% and so the higher percentage of 78% is seen in the tracker.

If this is the case you'd see the tracker make progress once you 5 starred 61 songs.
  • @TheRainbowTrouts Ok so it's pretty clear that you've got the 5 stars tracked for 51/65 songs for the 78% to have happened.

A possible idea I've thought of is maybe the 12 Rivals songs are being (accidentally) counted into the percentage by the update that added those. After all, the songs were baked into the update so they act as disc songs in the form of songs that can't be deleted at all.

So your 51/65 ~78% becoming 51/77 ~66% and so the higher percentage of 78% is seen in the tracker.

If this is the case you'd see the tracker make progress once you 5 starred 61 songs.

Good thinking, I forgot about those new 12.

I have a spreadsheet going and I know I have 55 of the 65 done. I even just did Eddie Japan again but on Bass this time instead of Vocals and it still didn't budge.

I've levelled up and that's increased the statistics so I know that parts working.

I'll submit a bug report and hope that this hasn't glitched this one for me :(

I'll report back whenever I hit 61 out of the 65 disc songs.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    you now need to get 5 stars on the 12 Rivals songs too in order to get the trophy/achievement.

you may be able to delete the patch and get it on the original disc songs but I am not sure if that would work or not, where your progress gets measured (i.e. in local save data or on the servers).
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=guns n roses&utm_source=01132017 Weekly Ad&utm_campaign=01132017 Funko Box&utm_medium=email

Guns N Roses Funkos? And we still have no classic GNR rock band dlc... *sniff*

Come on Axl Co. Let's talk.. again..
  • I'd be happy just to get "Chines Democracy" DLC back.
  • mikeytsmikeyts Road Warrior
    $3.25???

• mikeyts said:

$3.25???

I'm assuming it's because it's the New Zealand PSN, so it's their currency.
    Ah--okay. I checked to see if the domain was in another country but didn't see that en-nz part of the URL.
  • D1MatmanD1Matman Unsigned
    Now we are getting closer to PS4 and Xbone parity on the export front, starting to get excited for availability of pre-owned delisted tracks over coming months.

Can't wait for "Don't stop believing", assuming it will be downloadable at some point. One of the only tracks that has me going back to RB3 on X360 once in a blue moon.

Seems silly to be hyped about delisted songs, but hey!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited April 13
    we had some XBox players crossover to PS4 last night. weird stuff. is platform crossover a future update? it would sure be a bigger pool.

• calloy said:

we had some XBox players crossover to PS4 last night. weird stuff. is platform crossover a future update? it would sure be a bigger pool.

How can you be sure of that? That's some huge news if it's true! Cross-platform multiplayer is something no one has achieved before between Playstation and XBox (and believe me, lots of companies have tried in the past).
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    Tyrus1235 said:

calloy said:

How can you be sure of that? That's some huge news if it's true! Cross-platform multiplayer is something no one has achieved before between Playstation and XBox (and believe me, lots of companies have tried in the past).
    that screenshot is from a PS4 & you can't have spaces in your name for your ID there. these folks do.
    By "cross over", do you mean that they're playing online on an Xbox somewhere while you play with them on your PS4? How did you set that up?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    mikeyts said:

By "cross over", do you mean that they're playing online on an Xbox somewhere while you play with them on your PS4? How did you set that up?

i just opened a green room and an unknown player just appeared, before i even had a chance to invite any friends. this happened to my friend a half hour later, the same way. she took the screenshot.
    edited April 13
    Well I can confirm that "MR FLUFFY HA HA" and "Swing of Kings" are Xbox gamertags. They both got the "Case in Points" RB4 acheivement (1,000,000+ points on a single song) 16 hours ago (around 10 PM PDT) and are on each others friends list.

You're only supposed to be able to play with console friends and fellow crew members. Can you have cross-console crews? Is it possible that you're on a crew with them?
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited April 13
    mikeyts said:

Well I can confirm that "MR FLUFFY HA HA" and "Swing of Kings" are Xbox gamertags. They both got the "Case in Points" RG4 acheivement (1,000,000+ points on a single song) 16 hours ago (around 10 PM PDT) and are on each others friends list.

You're only supposed to be able to play with console friends and fellow crew members. Can you have cross-console crews? Is it possible that you're on a crew with them?

nope. i would remember the fluffy one, at least. i didn't know the person who popped up for me, either.
  • Funny thing is something similar happened to me in the past as well - I started a green room and there was already someone there (whom I didn't have in my Friends list nor was part of my Crew). I did not notice if their nicknames had spaces so idk if they were an Xbox player but it was very weird!
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    so, we can play with randoms, but only from the other platform.

IT...COULD... WORK!!!