Which artists in Rock Band have you seen in real life?

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I saw Chevelle open for Disturbed.

I saw Of Monsters & Men play immediately before Florence & the Machine at a festival.

I saw Weezer play immediately before Kendrick Lamar (sort of in Rock Band!) at a festival.

I saw Korn, Jane's Addiction and Blink-182 play back-to-back at a festival.

I saw Limp Bizkit, Bring Me the Horizon and Rise Against play back-to-back at a festival.
  • From most recent to oldest (I think)...

*Silverstein->*Memphis May Fire

Marilyn Manson->Deftones->Slipknot (festival)

*Red Jumpsuit Apparatus->*A Skylit Drive

Limp Bizkit->The Offspring->Weezer (festival)

*Memphis May Fire->Yellowcard

Taking Back Sunday->The Used

*The Word Alive->The Devil Wears Prada

Chiodos->*Motionless in White->Bring me the Horizon->A Day to Remember

Anberlin->*Emarosa->*Dance Gavin Dance->*A Skylit Drive->Silverstein (festival)

*Emarosa->Chiodos

*The Word Alive->*Memphis May Fire

Chevelle->Bush->Deftones->Stone Temple Pilots (festival)

Cobra Starship->All Time Low->Fallout Boy

*Haste the Day->Underoath->*Norma Jean

Chevelle->Ill Nino->*OTEP->Lost Prophets->Rob Zombie->Slipknot (festival)

*Taproot ->Chevelle->Disturbed

(*= RBN artist)
  • Almost saw Metallica/Guns n Roses. Thanks to a horrible work emergency, I couldn't attend and missed a riot instead.

Otherwise, I saw Duran Duran/David Bowie way back when -- Glass Spider Tour.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I picked up tickets yesterday for Metallica with A7X opening, which will add two more artists to my list and add another "A opens for B" combo.

I saw Aerosmith, Foreigner, Heart, and Santana at one concert. (Cal Jam II). If only we could get some Ted Nugent...

Also in one even (first US festival)t:

Friday:
    The Ramones
    Oingo Boingo
    The B-52's
    Talking Heads
    The Police

Saturday:
    Eddie Money
    Santana
    The Cars
    Pat Benatar
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Sunday:
    The Grateful Dead
    Jimmy Buffett
    Fleetwood Mac
  • edited February 18
    Children of Bodom x3
    Godsmack
    HIM
    Megadeth
    Motorhead
    Nightwish x2
    Rancid
    Testament

99% of bands i've seen live is not in RB. Thousands of great metal bands are left out while classic bands have playlists of songs that no one asked for, while some of the good band have 1 song and its not even the best one...

Sometimes i cringe over the available music to play, but whatever, Harmonix knows best, after all they don't want my money...
    edited March 2
    Help me make a tough decision! Either one would knock a bunch of RB artists off my list, and I have friends committed to go to both (I've got one of my three best friends going to each, so doesn't really factor in). Should I go to Osheaga, should I go to Rockfest, or should I somehow try to scrape together enough money to somehow attend both? Let me hear your opinions on the line-ups in the hopes you can sway me.

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    If you like heavier music or are more into punk/ska, then by all means Rockfest (especially with Alexisonfire playing there and At The Drive-In).

Osheaga's better for more indie tastes and EDM lovers. Though the experiences will of course vary at each (though the headliners at both are solid)!

Or who knows, maybe you can attend both and everybody wins :p
    TheStuddz said:

Help me make a tough decision! [snip]

Do you want to rock or do you want to sleep?
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    Rammstein was the best concert I have ever been to (of course it was only them not an entire festival so I don't know how that would affect it)

so if you really like them I would recommend that one, but if not they choose what you enjoy most.
  • Meshuggah goes, of course you have to go!
    I like about 20 bands playing Osheaga (including one of my favourites) whereas I'd be doing Rockfest for QotSA, Iggy and maybe two or three others alone (not my type of music, really). Osheaga's headliners are kind of weak this year too (I don't really like The Weeknd, especially compared to last year when they had RHCP and Radiohead).

But I've done both festivals in the past few years and they're good for different reasons: Rockfest is a crazy weekend of debauchery in the middle of nowhere where everyone is stinky and sweaty and in full party mode, while Osheaga is great vibes, sleeping comfortably in a hotel and just enjoying good music in a beautiful city with a bunch of beautiful hippie wannabes. They both appeal to me for different reasons.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Beautiful hippie wannabes, eh?

If they wannabe MY lover

They really gotta get with my friends
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    both.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I see more good music on the Osheaga one but they both have their ups and downs
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I'm for seeing all the bands you can, when you get a fairly good chance. I can see you not having the money for both, but if you can stretch it, I would do it. you never know what band is going to get into an irreconcilable argument, or worse, crash into the side of a mountain
  • victimsofadownvictimsofadown Opening Act
    If it's 20 bands vs 3 bands why is it even a question?
  • Rockfest by miles for me.
    Would be nice to see Muse but honestly nothing else really jumps out on the other festival.
    Although Festivals sort of suck because you get a small set and it feels like it's over in 10 minutes (even though its like 30 i believe)
    edited March 3

Rockfest is about half the price, and a more easy-going experience (you can walk around the small town it takes place in with beer in your hand, they don't frisk you for your "concert cigarettes", the camping experience is kinda fun if you have a good group of buddies with you). Plus even though there's only about three bands I really like, I always go see a whole bunch of others just to say I did. Like last year, I saw bands like KoRn, Limp Bizkit and Lamb of God. I'd never pay to see those, but cool to be able to say I did.

Rockfest by miles for me.
    Would be nice to see Muse but honestly nothing else really jumps out on the other festival.
    Although Festivals sort of suck because you get a small set and it feels like it's over in 10 minutes (even though its like 30 i believe)

Most of the artists get about 40 minutes, with sub-headliners getting an hour and headliners getting an hour and a half. Not bad, really. I typically prefer festivals because why pay $50-100 to see one band when you can pay $250 to see twenty?

Agreed. The OP asked for opinions, so here's mine: Rammstein stomps the crap out of Muse in the headliner category, and nothing else even compares for the rest of the lineups. While I wouldn't mind seeing Foster the People/Cage the Elephant/MGMT, I personally would rate them closer to Teenage Bottlerocket in my desire to see them, and I would put Teenage Bottlerocket above them all. And TB is listed in little text.

Die Antwoord is actually the only band listed on the Osheaga bill that I would really like to see.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited March 11

Bad Company
    Def Leppard
    Depeche Mode (2 times)
    Elle King
    Elvis Costello
    Foreigner
    Heart (2 times)
    Journey
    Pat Benatar
    REO Speedwagon
    Steely Dan
    Styx
    "Weird Al" Yankovic (3 times)

Can finally add to this after almost a year, as I just saw Elle King live. Was a great show - obviously she played "Ex's & Oh's", though I kind of wished she played "Good Girls" (from the Ghostbusters soundtrack) and her new single "Wild Love". Still, I can't complain too much as she did the other great singles from her debut album ("America's Sweetheart" and "Under the Influence") and even a cover of the Beatles' "Oh! Darling".
  • GSR-18GSR-18 Unsigned
    Airbourne, Alice Cooper X2, Breaking Benjamin x2, Buckcherry, Disturbed, Kiss X5, Crue X4, Metallica, Volbeat
    I went to see Kaleo and The Lumineers last week. One is in RBVR, and I hope the other comes to the platform soon, at least an obvious hit like "Ho Hey".
  • TheStuddz said:

Rockfest is about half the price, and a more easy-going experience (you can walk around the small town it takes place in with beer in your hand, they don't frisk you for your "concert cigarettes", the camping experience is kinda fun if you have a good group of buddies with you). Plus even though there's only about three bands I really like, I always go see a whole bunch of others just to say I did. Like last year, I saw bands like KoRn, Limp Bizkit and Lamb of God. I'd never pay to see those, but cool to be able to say I did.

Most of the artists get about 40 minutes, with sub-headliners getting an hour and headliners getting an hour and a half. Not bad, really. I typically prefer festivals because why pay $50-100 to see one band when you can pay $250 to see twenty?
    Guess Chicago is different. Most the bands I seen only got 30 minutes, of course they weren't the headliners.
  • 1993mic1993mic Opening Act
    edited May 9
    Just to update my list:

3 Doors Down
    AC/DC
    Aerosmith
    AFI
    All Time Low
    Anti-Flag
    Atreyu
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Billy Joel
    The Black Keys (2x)
    Blondie
    Bon Jovi
    Boston
    Brad Paisley
    Bryan Adams
    Coheed and Cambria
    The Cult
    Dashboard Confessional
    A Day to Remember
    The Decemberists
    Deep Purple
    The Devil Wears Prada
    The Doobie Brothers
    Dropkick Murphys
    Duran Duran
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Fall Out Boy
    Flogging Molly
    Foo Fighters (though the set got cut after 4 songs due to a storm)
    Fun.
    Green Day (2x)
    Guns n' Roses
    Hollywood Undead (even if I hate their music)
    Interpol
    Journey
    Keith Urban
    The Killers
    Less Than Jake
    Linkin Park
    Maroon 5
    Megadeth
    MGMT
    Muse
    The Offspring (2x)
    Pat Benatar
    Paul McCartney
    The Pretty Reckless
    Primus
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Rammstein
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Rise Against
    The Rolling Stones
    Royal Blood
    Rush
    Sheryl Crow
    Silverstein (4x)
    Skillet
    Soundgarden
    Steve Miller Band
    Stevie Wonder
    Sting (with Peter Gabriel) (He played a lot of Police songs)
    Sum 41 (2x)
    There for Tomorrow
    Third Eye Blind
    Three Days Grace (3x)
    Thrice
    The Used
    Vance Joy
    Weezer (2x)
    X Ambassadors
    Yellowcard (sadly, only once)
    Young the Giant

I think that pretty much sums it up (for now).

Coming soon:

Death From Above 1979 (maybe)
    DNCE (maybe)
    Gorillaz (maybe)
    Grouplove
    Imagine Dragons
    Lady Antebellum
    Metallica
    Muse (again)
    OneRepublic with Fitz and the Tantrums (maybe)
    P!nk
    The Who

Combo, Opener; Headliner :

Silverstein; Atreyu; Linkin Park (first show ever)
    The Used; Three Days Grace
    AFI; Green Day
    Dropkick Murphys; Yellowcard; (Simple Plan)
    Dashboard Confessional; Bon Jovi
    Flogging Molly; Rise Against
    Eagles of Death Metal; The Black Keys
    MGMT; Weezer
    Skillet; Guns n Roses
    Steve Miller Band; Journey
    Young the Giant; The Killers
    Blondie; Billy Joel
    The Pretty Reckless; Soundgarden
    Third Eye Blind; Bryan Adams
    Royal Blood; Foo Fighters
    The Doobie Brothers; Boston
    X Ambassadors; Muse
    Sheryl Crow; Brad Paisley
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    @TheStuddz Orshega. Alabama Shakes alone is worth the ticket price
    edited March 27
    Xzalor said:

@TheStuddz Orshega. Alabama Shakes alone is worth the ticket price

@Xzalor Ugh, don't say that! Alabama Shakes are my favourite band, and none of my friends want to go so it looks like I'm going to miss out on seeing them. It breaks my heart.

They do want to attend Rockfest though, where the only band I care about is QotSA. At least I get to see one good band this year.

TheStuddz said:

Guess Chicago is different. Most the bands I seen only got 30 minutes, of course they weren't the headliners.
    I don't really remember how long acts played for at Osheaga, but I know at Rockfest the only acts to get 30 minute slots were those that played around 12pm - 3pm. Everyone later in the afternoon and into the evening got sizeable slots, with the two acts playing between 10 and 12 getting an hour each (headliners played from midnight to 1:30 am).

Osheaga may have had a few more 30 minute slots (especially on side stages), but I definitely saw a decent amount of bands play for 40-60 minutes.
  • I get to go see Green Day next Monday, I'm so pumped up!!!
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    I'm gonna see Blink-182 for the first time in May. Very excited about that. I saw Save Ferris a month? ago. That was fun.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Xzalor said:

I'm gonna see Blink-182 for the first time in May. Very excited about that. I saw Save Ferris a month? ago. That was fun.

That's awesome! I'm about to see them for the first time on Saturday myself