Which artists in Rock Band have you seen in real life?

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    The major local music festival has unveiled its music lineup for this year. RHCP, Pixies, Midnight Oil, and Macklemore are on the list (as are Justice and Jamiroquai, the former of which is on DC and the latter of which I wish were in RB). Manu Chao is on the list, but we only have the song named after him as opposed to the artist proper.

I'm aiming for Tuesday through Thursday once tickets go on sale.
  • BonFire5BonFire5 Opening Act
    Bryan Adams, Iron Maiden, and I'll be seeing U2 in May.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    On Saturday I'll be going to my yearly local music festival and get to cross off Blink-182, Toadies, Chevelle and 311 (and apparently Lit just got added to the line-up as well!)
    The other more-major, less-local music festival has unveiled its music lineup for this year. RB artists on the docket: Phoenix, MØ Kasabian, The Kills (of which the singer is part of The Dead Weather), and Royal Blood.

Other artists I'm interested in include: Herbie Hancock, Emeli Sandé Morcheeba, Lauryn Hill, Us "Happy Easter, Xbox!" her & The Roots, a Macy Gray/Tom Jones double-feature, Solange and Erykah Badu on the same ticket, and Alt-J.

As much as I'd love to see them all, the Swiss Franc and the US Dollar are more or less on parity, so imagine any prices you see on that list as dollar values and even with a better salary to account for quality of life that's a LOT of money.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    My buddies are coming down to the city for the weekend to see The Bronx. Not a huge fan, and have a lot of schoolwork to do this weekend, but I'll probably end up tagging along. Gotta keep adding to that list of RB artists seen in real life.
  • TheStuddz said:

My buddies are coming down to the city for the weekend to see The Bronx. Not a huge fan, and have a lot of schoolwork to do this weekend, but I'll probably end up tagging along. Gotta keep adding to that list of RB artists seen in real life.

Hold on, have you checked to see if it's The Bronx or Mariachi el Bronx?
    edited April 13
    HMXOwl said:

TheStuddz said:

I love Mariachi el Bronx, I'd know the difference! It's The Bronx, playing their non-mariachi output. Chances are excellent I'll hear RB3's "False Alarm" though!
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    Adding to my original list - I saw Brian Wilson on his Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary tour a couple of weekends ago. He was performing with fellow original Beach Boy Al Jardine and 70s member Blondie Chapin, so it was more Beach Boys than the current Mike Love version.
    The Bronx was awesome, and I'm not even a punk fan. I moshed all night long (out of character for me, but a blast), and the lead singer didn't leave the pit for the entire show. Moshed into him multiple times, actually (tried to avoid it, but). Made sure to pat him on the back during "False Alarm". If they come to your town, wrangle up some buddies and go get wild.
  • saosao Opening Act
    Only one I saw was Avenged Sevenfold, and that was when they were the opener for 18 Visions, Dillenger escape plan, and Poison the Well headlined.
  • Too many bands to list, so I'll take a different path here....

Sat next to David Lee Roth at The House of Lords hair salon in Toronto On.

Played some pre-show The Addams Family pinball machine with (then) bassist Glenn 'G5' of ANVIL at Chick n' Deli concert venue in Mississauga, On.

Played at a charity pinball event (to raise funds for education in rural Ecuador) with Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies.

Damn, I am one lucky sumbitch.

• calloycalloy Unsigned
    going to see Alice Cooper tonight, so welcome to his nightmare
  • Just got tickets for a Incubus and Jimmy Eat World Concert so I'll add that on to my list. Works with the 90s Nostalgia week for Rock Band. Also going to see the Moody Blues who sadly still aren't on Rock Band :(
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    I just went to a Jimmy Eat World concert last week. They were the headliners though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

I just went to a Jimmy Eat World concert last week. They were the headliners though.

How were they? They are coming about 10 minutes from me but I'm not a huge fan but I like them enough to maybe go see them.
  • I'm going to go see Paramore now, at the Fair in August so excited
  • 1993mic1993mic Opening Act
    edited May 8
    I guess I can add MGMT to my list, even if the show was horrible. They were opening for Weezer and they just didn't seem to care at all. It was still cool that Weezer played Kids with MGMT at the end of the show.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

TheStuddz said:

Can we pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease get some Mariachi El Bronx? :)
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner

How were they? They are coming about 10 minutes from me but I'm not a huge fan but I like them enough to maybe go see them.
    It was a good show. I absolutely loved it but I am a huge fan so your mileage may vary.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    edited May 9
    1993mic said:

I guess I can add MGMT to my list, even if the show was horrible. They were opening for Weezer and they just didn't seem to care at all. It was still cool that Weezer played Kids with MGMT at the end of the show.

I saw MGMT at a festival, and they were terrible then, too.

I could add a bunch to whatever my list was last I made one in this thread. I've since added or will be adding: Muse, X Ambassadors, Florence and the Machine, Silversun Pickups, Lucius, Elle King, Violent Femmes, and probably a few I'm forgetting. I'll also be adding Billy Joel, Bastille, Kings of Leon, Counting Crows, Matchbox Twenty, Green Day, and Jimmy Eat World before the end of the summer.

Edit: Spam block for editting my comment? Lame.
    I will be able to add Imagine Dragons and Grouplove to my list in October! :)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    1993mic said:

Oh man, have fun with that one! Grouplove is such a blast to see live. So much energy and joy, definitely top 3 as far as concerts I've seen.
    GLaDOS said:

1993mic said:

Oh man, have fun with that one! Grouplove is such a blast to see live. So much energy and joy, definitely top 3 as far as concerts I've seen.
    It should be a good one. They are opening for Imagine Dragons and I heard ID give a great show too.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited May 11
    One of the festivals in my city just unveiled their lineup (for November), and let's just say I'm f-ing excited.

If everything goes according to plan, I'd be adding Foo Fighters, Green Day, Grouplove and Phoenix to my list. (Plus Cage the Elephant, which definitely should be in Rock Band.)
    Oh man, that lineup is great!
    Forget Foo Fighters and Green Day, Maxïmo Park is the RB artist you should be jumping about!

(Not because they're better than Foo Fighters and Green Day, but that's a rare notch you can check on the list.)

Also, The Sounds would be fun too.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited May 11
    @MemoDLSG Judging from your list earlier in the thread, you'll be adding more than just those 4, here's the complete list:
    - Foo Fighters
    - Green Day
    - Grouplove
    - Phoenix
    - Maxïmo Park (Girls Who Play Guitars is DLC)
    - The Shins (New Slang is DLC and they also have 4 RBN songs)
    - Cold War Kids (First is DLC)
    - The Sounds (Living in America is on RB3 and a bad As Made Famous By cover of Song With a Mission is DLC)

@MemoDLSG Judging from your list earlier in the thread, you'll be adding more than just those 4, here's the complete list:
    - Foo Fighters
    - Green Day
    - Grouplove
    - Phoenix
    - The Sounds (Living in America is on RB3 and a bad As Made Famous By cover of Song With a Mission is DLC)

The only issue I have with the Song With a Mission cover is the phrase "you're feeling pretty," which unless that's what they use in the radio edit of the same song, doesn't really convey the same idea as the original word. (Then again, there aren't many other words that can be used to rhyme with "pity.")
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited May 11

- Foo Fighters
    - Green Day
    - Grouplove
    - Phoenix

I mean, technically, yes, but I don't know those extra bands (except Cold War Kids who I've heard a couple songs from, and they're cool), and TBH I don't want to hype myself up for any more bands until we get the schedule, otherwise I might get hyped for two bands playing at the same time and I'll be sad.
  • sarCCastr0sarCCastr0 Unsigned
    Beastie Boys
    The Decemberists
    Garbage
    Green Day
    Jimmy Eat World
    Metallica
    Nine Inch Nails
    No Doubt
    Phish
    Phoenix
    Pixies