Which artists in Rock Band have you seen in real life?

Comments

  • I wonder who's gonna sing for Suffocation on that festival ^
  • Wildcat15 said:

    I wonder who's gonna sing for Suffocation on that festival ^

    Whoever it is, hope they have supplemental oxygen handy.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 10
    coolkat said:

    Dang, there's some good stuff on that list! I'd definitely see a lot of the metal bands on there, and some of the smaller bands would be sweet to see live as well. I mean, Steel Panther and Cannibal Corpse at the same festival? If I had more money, I'd go up there and have a dang good time.

    @coolkat




    There's definitely some good stuff there, but I'd still say this is their weakest lineup since 2012 or 2013! Check the last few, there's some gold there for a fest that takes place in a town with a population of 900.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Saw Status Quo last week. They didn't play Pictures of Matchstick Men, but they DID play In the Army Now and Rockin' All Over the World.
  • Why are there no REALLY good music festivals for acts in the southeast? The Rockfest and that British one BaronRob listed have SPECTACULAR line-ups! If I were a good bit wealthier, I'd go whenever they come around in a heartbeat!

    Ah, well, I will see ABC, Kajagoogoo, Modern English, and some other new wave acts in the near future, so at least I have that. Plus, Def Leppard in July with Journey, I'll probably go to that, with emphasis on 'probably.'
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 19
    I'll update the list for the first half of 2018, and edit this one as the year progresses. A few more additions to add in July, looking forward to it!

    AFI
    Against Me!
    All Time Low
    Barenaked Ladies (x2)
    Blink-182
    The Black Keys
    Bring Me the Horizon
    The Bronx
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Chevelle
    Dave Matthews Band
    A Day to Remember
    Death From Above 1979
    The Decemberists
    Dierks Bentley
    Disturbed
    Dropkick Murphys (x2)
    Eric Church
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Florence + the Machine
    Foo Fighters
    Foster the People
    Godsmack
    Interpol
    Jane's Addiction
    Jason Aldean
    Jimmy Eat World
    Journey
    Kaleo
    KoRn
    Lady Antebellum
    Lady Gaga
    Lamb of God
    Limp Bizkit
    Lorde
    Lucius
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Milky Chance (x2)
    The New Pornographers (x2)
    Of Monsters and Men (x2)
    The Offspring (x2)
    One Direction
    Rancid
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Rise Against (x2)
    Seasick Steve
    St. Vincent
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Sublime with Rome
    Sum 41 (x3)
    Tegan and Sara
    Tenacious D
    Twisted Sister
    Underoath
    The Used
    Van Morrison
    Vance Joy
    Violent Femmes
    Weezer (x2)
    X Ambassadors
    Young the Giant

    RBN:
    Iron & Wine
    The Trews
  • Vexus said:

    [hecking huge list]

    I can add At the Drive-In to said list!
  • edited July 14
    I actually went to the show I teased at with ABC, Modern English, etc. It was pretty good, with each act getting four or more songs, give or take. Some of the more one-hit wonder musicians were especially intriguing to watch and listen to, but I don't want to delve into too much of a critical in-depth review any more than that at the moment. I'll just say I'm glad I went, and it was a hecking good time!

    For those curious, the full billing was:

    -ABC
    -Annabella of Bow Wow Wow
    -Belinda Carlisle
    -Limahl of Kajagoogoo
    -Modern English
    -Tony Lewis of The Outfield

    Of thouse, we have Belinda, Modern English, and The Outfield in Rock Band, so three out of six ain't bad.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Coming up this week:
    MGMT
    The Killers
    Gorillaz

    Kaleo is also performing at this festival, but I'm not going that day. Lenny Kravitz is also playing, but I've already seen him and I'm also not going THAT day.
  • I regret not being able to see Ozzy at the Fort Rock Festival this year; they moved it to the east coast, but I'm very happy to say I'll be seeing the Breaking Benjamin/5FDP tour when it reaches Tampa next month! It also includes a Rock Band-hopeful for me, Nothing More! ;) This is my 3rd time to see BB but the first time as the main act. I've lost count how many times 5FDP have appeared since Mayhem Fest 2008.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    So I didn't watch much MGMT--I forgot how un-Oracular Spectacularesque their second album was--but I caught parts of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, in addition to The Killers and Gorillaz. Some clips of the latter two are on my Insta if you're curious.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

    So I didn't watch much MGMT--I forgot how un-Oracular Spectacularesque their second album was--but I caught parts of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, in addition to The Killers and Gorillaz. Some clips of the latter two are on my Insta if you're curious.

    Very jealous! Seeing The Killers and Gorillaz at the same show is pretty damn awesome
  • ArmeniusLODArmeniusLOD Opening Act
    edited July 25
    • 3 Doors Down
    • Aerosmith
    • Airbourne
    • Alice in Chains
    • All That Remains
    • Anthrax
    • Asking Alexandria
    • The Black Crowes
    • Black Tide
    • Breaking Benjamin
    • Bring Me the Horizon
    • Bullet for My Valentine
    • Chevelle
    • A Day to Remember
    • Def Leppard
    • Deftones
    • The Dillinger Escape Plan (RBN)
    • Disturbed
    • DragonForce
    • Eagles of Death Metal
    • Five Finger Death Punch
    • Flyleaf
    • Ghost
    • Godsmack
    • Halestorm
    • In This Moment
    • Korn
    • Lacuna Coil
    • Lamb of God
    • Machine Head
    • Mastodon
    • Megadeth
    • Mudvayne
    • Nine Inch Nails
    • Nonpoint
    • Norma Jean (RBN)
    • The Offspring
    • Papa Roach
    • Periphery (RBN)
    • The Pretty Reckless
    • Rob Zombie
    • Seether
    • Shinedown
    • Sixx:A.M.
    • Skindred (RBN)
    • Slipknot
    • Soilwork (RBN)
    • Soundgarden
    • Staind
    • Stone Sour
    • Suicide Silence (RBN)
    • Three Days Grace
    • Trivium
    • Underoath
    • Wolfmother
    Might be forgetting some. Can't remember all those I've seen prior to 2000.

    Had tickets to see Linkin Park for the first time a couple weeks before Chester's suicide.

    Saw Soundgarden for the last time a week before Chris' suicide.

    Will be seeing 5FDP and Breaking Benjamin again next month.

    Of course, the bands I've seen the most are not in Rock Band and probably never will be (Tool & A Perfect Circle)...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    What is Tool’s story? I know they were featured in the GH series and any exclusivity there should have ended.
  • ArmeniusLODArmeniusLOD Opening Act
    djb5f1 said:

    What is Tool’s story? I know they were featured in the GH series and any exclusivity there should have ended.

    Tool's stipulation for licensing their music in Guitar Hero was that they had to be directly involved artistically. It's the reason why you can't play their songs in other venues but the ones featuring the artwork from Adam Jones.

    There was a rumor that it was because of MTV's involvement with Rock Band that they didn't license music for it, but I don't think Maynard or anyone else has personal issues working with MTV.

    Maybe Harmonix wasn't/isn't able to make the concessions that Tool want in exchange for getting the licensing.
  • They should let Tool make venues if that's what they want... we need more venues anyway. ;)
  • Just saw the Foo Fighters for the first time a few days ago. Was a ton of fun, 10/10 would Dave Grohl again.
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    Just saw the following all together in concert last night:

    Thompson Twin Tom Bailey (don't remember if they are in Rock Band yet or not)
    B52's
    Culture Club

    It was very good.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 29
    Saw Billy Talent (for the third time) and Death From Above last night. At least DFA has ONE song in RB, but mannnn we're severely lacking on the Billy T.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    TheStuddz said:

    Saw Billy Talent (for the third time) and Death From Above last night. At least DFA has ONE song in RB, but mannnn we're severely lacking on the Billy T.

    Well they said in an interview that they don't like games like rb so i wouldn't expect them to be in rb one day unfortunately for us, they have at least a potential 6-pack that would be fun IMO
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    patl175 said:

    TheStuddz said:

    Saw Billy Talent (for the third time) and Death From Above last night. At least DFA has ONE song in RB, but mannnn we're severely lacking on the Billy T.

    Well they said in an interview that they don't like games like rb so i wouldn't expect them to be in rb one day unfortunately for us, they have at least a potential 6-pack that would be fun IMO
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. That sucks. They're in Rocksmith, so I guess it's just the five-button games they don't approve of, not gaming in general.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    TheStuddz said:

    patl175 said:

    TheStuddz said:

    Saw Billy Talent (for the third time) and Death From Above last night. At least DFA has ONE song in RB, but mannnn we're severely lacking on the Billy T.

    Well they said in an interview that they don't like games like rb so i wouldn't expect them to be in rb one day unfortunately for us, they have at least a potential 6-pack that would be fun IMO
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. That sucks. They're in Rocksmith, so I guess it's just the five-button games they don't approve of, not gaming in general.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/rockerinfo.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/billy-talent’s-war-on-guitar-hero/amp/

    They don't actually say they are against it but they would prefer people taking a real guitar and learn their songs, i didn't remember perfectly what they said since it's an old interview from 9 years ago!

  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited July 30
    patl175 said:

    TheStuddz said:

    Saw Billy Talent (for the third time) and Death From Above last night. At least DFA has ONE song in RB, but mannnn we're severely lacking on the Billy T.

    Well they said in an interview that they don't like games like rb so i wouldn't expect them to be in rb one day unfortunately for us, they have at least a potential 6-pack that would be fun IMO
    That sucks. Almost like their performance here in Oz. The lead singer was sick, but they went on anyway, and he put in his best effort for a few of the songs, but then threw it to the crowd for them to sing some of the lines, then they cut the show short. Why they even bothered I don't know. I guess it was easier for them to promise to come back and give us a better show next time around than cancelling the show and giving us all a refund.

    Great band. Disappointing show. Would I see them again? Definitely. Would I love their music in Rock Band? Absolutely. There's so much punk rock missing from Rock Band... would love, love, love, some more Bad Religion, NOFX, Billy Talent and Pennywise (which I haven't seen in any music game).
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    I just got tickets for Hall & Oates and Train the weekend after next. I'll report back on how it was.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner

    Most of the bands I have seen are Metal but lets see what ones I remember being in Rock Band

    Lamb of God
    Children of Bodom
    God Forbid
    Behemoth
    Septic Flesh
    Dimmu Borgir
    Korn
    Disturbed
    All That Remains

    I think the only bands I have seen that are not in Rock Band are In Flames and Weird Al

    So I finally got back to seeing concerts again last month I saw Primus and Mastodon. And in October I will see System of a Down and At the Drive-In
  • I can now add Judas Priest to my list.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 19
    TheStuddz said:

    Foster the People
    Eric Church
    Dierks Bentley
    Tegan & Sara
    Lady Antebellum
    Lady Gaga
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Barenaked Ladies
    The Trews

    I plan on adding a bunch more this summer too: Lynyrd Skynyrd, Weezer, Deep Purple, Interpol, Keith Urban, Dropkick Murphys, Black Keys, Florence + the Machine, The Decemberists, Jason Aldean, Young the Giant, Iron + Wine and The Tragically Hip.

    TheStuddz said:

    I'll update the list for the first half of 2018, and edit this one as the year progresses. A few more additions to add in July, looking forward to it!

    AFI
    Against Me!
    All Time Low
    Barenaked Ladies (x2)
    Blink-182
    The Black Keys
    Bring Me the Horizon
    The Bronx
    Carly Rae Jepsen
    Chevelle
    Dave Matthews Band
    A Day to Remember
    Death From Above 1979
    The Decemberists
    Dierks Bentley
    Disturbed
    Dropkick Murphys (x2)
    Eric Church
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Florence + the Machine
    Foo Fighters
    Foster the People
    Godsmack
    Interpol
    Jane's Addiction
    Jason Aldean
    Jimmy Eat World
    Journey
    Kaleo
    KoRn
    Lady Antebellum
    Lady Gaga
    Lamb of God
    Limp Bizkit
    Lorde
    Lucius
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Milky Chance (x2)
    The New Pornographers (x2)
    Of Monsters and Men (x2)
    The Offspring (x2)
    One Direction
    Rancid
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Rise Against (x2)
    Seasick Steve
    St. Vincent
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Sublime with Rome
    Sum 41 (x3)
    Tegan and Sara
    Tenacious D
    Twisted Sister
    Underoath
    The Used
    Van Morrison
    Vance Joy
    Violent Femmes
    Weezer (x2)
    X Ambassadors
    Young the Giant

    It makes me so happy to see how much this list has grown. It's about 10x larger than it was 3.5 years ago, and a few tickets have been bought for Fleetwood Mac and Hozier in the coming months. Goes to show that as my love for concerts grows, so does the Rock Band library, and the list will only get longer as they both continue to flourish. My two absolute favourite ways to celebrate and enjoy one of my greatest passions.
  • My list now looks as follows, including RBN bands that haven't made the jump to RB4:

    The Agonist
    Arch Enemy x4
    Architects
    Airbourne
    Alestorm x5
    All Time Low
    Amon Amarth
    Anthrax x2
    Arctic Monkeys
    At the Drive-In
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Babymetal
    Bad Religion
    Band of Skulls x2
    Behemoth
    Black Sabbath
    Black Veil Brides
    blink-182 x2
    Blue Öyster Cult
    Bullet For My Valentine x2
    Busted
    Buzzcocks
    Cannibal Corpse x2
    Coheed and Cambria
    The Darkness
    Deep Purple
    Devin Townsend
    The Dillinger Escape Plan
    Disturbed
    DragonForce
    Duran Duran
    Evanescence
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Frank Turner x5
    Ghost
    Green Day x3
    Halcyon Way
    Iron Maiden x2
    Jimmy Eat World
    Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
    Judas Priest x2
    Kaiser Chiefs x2
    Korn
    Lacuna Coil x3
    Mastodon x4
    Megadeth x2
    Metallica x3
    Motörhead
    Mr. Big
    Muse x2
    Nightwish x3
    The Offspring
    Onslaught
    Opeth x2
    Paramore x2
    Primus
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Rammstein
    Rick Astley
    Rob Zombie x2
    Seasick Steve x2
    Simple Minds
    Skindred x5
    Slayer x2
    Slipknot
    Stone Sour
    Sum 41
    Sweet
    System of a Down
    Tenacious D
    Testament
    Trivium
    Twisted Sister x2
    The Vapours
    Volbeat
    Weezer
  • Seen:
    AFI x2
    Bad Religion
    Rancid
    Sublime (W Rome)
    Joan Jett
    311
    Yellowcard
    Fall Out Boy
    Blink 182
    Blondie
    Pierce The Veil
    Taking Back Sunday
    Panic At The Disco
    Weezer
    Twenty One Pilots (seeing again in October so it'll be x2)
    All Time Low
Sign In or Register to comment.