Which artists in Rock Band have you seen in real life?

Comments

• EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    Adding to my list: I saw Hall & Oates and Train this past weekend. It was the last show of their tour and both bands were pretty happy about that. Daryl Hall still has some pretty good pipes for guy in his 70s!
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Saw (well, heard outside a fence because ridiculously limited ticket availability and not wanting to pay over 100$ for one band) A-ha tonight. They were... tired it sounded like. Everything went at a slower than the studio versions pace, Morten Harket had issues hitting the high notes (which for Take On Me you can imagine is an issue), and for some reason during Manhattan Skyline their guitarist did not play those awesome crunchy chords in the chorus so it just came off as a "minimalist dark soundtrack pop cover version" of itself.

Neat to have seen (well, heard) them live, but also glad I got to sit in a car for most of it.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    coolkat said:

Why are there no REALLY good music festivals for acts in the southeast? The Rockfest and that British one BaronRob listed have SPECTACULAR line-ups! If I were a good bit wealthier, I'd go whenever they come around in a heartbeat!

Ah, well, I will see ABC, Kajagoogoo, Modern English, and some other new wave acts in the near future, so at least I have that. Plus, Def Leppard in July with Journey, I'll probably go to that, with emphasis on 'probably.'

The one I posted earlier is in Sweden, as is the smaller one I am coming back from, which only had one band in RB (The Darkness). There should be a lot more, especially Sabaton and Heat. And Powerwolf and Orden Ogan and Battle Beast.

It is kind of funny because I came off three straight concerts back home of two bands in RB (Alice Cooper and Ace Frehley, Shinedown and Godsmack, Whitesnake and Foreigner). And I have Def Leppard and Journey, Scorpions and Queensryche, Judas Priest and Deep Purple upcoming.

The heavier festivals we get in the US are pretty much all identical, with a few good headliners, the same bro bands and growl vocal metal bands all the time, and two bands I want to see sprinkled in near the bottom of the bill.

I'll post my little list of bands I've seen sooner or later, maybe sooner since I am waiting for an aeroplane.
    Bands I have seen that are in Rock Band:

Nightwish (13)
    Iron Maiden (11)
    Queensryche (6, tix for 7)
    Dream Theater (5)
    Megadeth (5)
    Shinedown (5)
    Tom Keifer / Cinderella (5)
    Scorpions (4, tix for 5)
    Symphony X (4)
    Rush (4)
    Motley Crue (4)
    Great White (4)
    Ratt (4)
    Judas Priest (3, tix for 4)
    The Darkness (3)
    Ozzy Osbourne (3)
    Whitesnake (3)
    Def Leppard (3, tix for 4)
    Extreme (3)
    Sonata Arctica (RBN) (3)
    The Offspring (3)
    Dio (1) + Last In Line (2)
    Alice Cooper (2)
    Ace Frehley (2)
    Foreigner (2)
    Five Finger Death Punch (2)
    Cheap Trick (2)
    Myrath (RBN) (2)
    Thin Lizzy err Black Star Riders (2)
    Guns N Roses errr Slash with Myles Kennedy singing 6 GNR songs infinitely better than Axl can each time (2, tix for 3)
    Aerosmith (2)
    Lordi (2)
    Alestorm (RBN) (2)
    Opeth (2) (I think we have Opeth)
    Dragonforce (2)
    Joan Jett (2)
    Ramstein (2, but one was from behind 80k people)
    Deep Purple (2, tix for 3)
    Warrant (2)
    Halcyon Way (RBN) (2)
    Skid Row (2)
    Live
    Breaking Benjamin
    Godsmack
    Lacuna Coil
    Yes
    In This Moment
    Nazareth
    Killswitch Engage
    Poison
    Marilyn Manson
    Stone Sour
    Billy Idol
    Deftones
    Ghost
    Metallica
    Garbage
    Black Sabbath
    Disturbed
    REO Speedwagon
    Alice In Chains
    Devin Townsend (RBN)
    Bad Company
    Heart
    Flock Of Seagulls
    Modern English
    Boston
    Twisted Sister
    Queen
    Halestorm
    Sixx AM
    Slayer
    The Who
    Slydigs
    X
    Rob Zombie
    Amon Amarth
    Anthrax
    The Cult
    Firewind (RBN)
    Mindflow (RBN)
    Bon Jovi
    Van Halen
    Journey (0, tix for 1)

I may have seen some bands additional times, not everything is in the Setlist website I used, especially older stuff. Did bump up a few I knew were wrong.

Eight of my 11 most seem bands, including #1, are not in Rock Band. Tragic.
  • @BaronRob Yep, we have Opeth. Ghost of Perdition and Heir Apparent, specifically.

Last time I saw them was at Bloodstock in 2015. I won a raffle where the prize was to go backstage and meet Within Temptation, then watch some of their set from the side of the stage. One of WT spoke with Mikael Åkerfeldt and the organisers and managed to arrange it for me and my friend to watch some of Opeth too. I expected to be able to see a song or two before we were moved. We weren't moved.

#humblebrag
    @Vexus

You had me at Within Temptation (2). Definitely need some of that in the game. Ice Queen would be up there in the devil tier vocals.

Faster
    Dangerous
    Angels
  • Within Temptation would be a 3 for me
  • We need some WT. Not gonna hold my breath though.
  • We need more symphonic metal in general. It'll probably never happen though.
  • Just saw Mastodon and Nine Inch Nails live. Both were absolutely amazing, especially NIN. Was surprised to hear songs like Copy Of A and The Hand That Feeds get huge reactions. Wasn't the case 10 years ago. Well, i suppose Copy Of A didn't exist then.

Mastodon was great too though, Brann Dailor is something else on drums!

I guess I kind of saw was Bullet For My Valentine as well. The kids seemed to have fun running in circles.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I am going up to Massachusetts to see "Giraffes? Giraffes!" (RBN) play at a bar in Greenfield on Saturday night. Well, the trip is really just an excuse to visit my family again, but I am looking forward to the show as well. My parents keep suggesting that maybe they will join me at the show so I don't feel uncomfortable hanging out there on my own. Hah.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I'm going to add Rob Zombie and (hopefully) Marilyn Manson to my list tomorrow night.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited August 25
    I saw Lynyrd Skynyrds farewell tour earlier this summer in July with Foghat and .38 Special, so that’s three bands I’ve now seen live from Rock Band this year. Also going to see Jethro Tull in September and then Ozzy Osborne with Stone Sour, so 5 total bands all in Rock Band
  • I am going up to Massachusetts to see "Giraffes? Giraffes!" (RBN) play at a bar in Greenfield on Saturday night. Well, the trip is really just an excuse to visit my family again, but I am looking forward to the show as well. My parents keep suggesting that maybe they will join me at the show so I don't feel uncomfortable hanging out there on my own. Hah.

Your parents are in for a surprise... :D
  • Queen
    Styx
    Yes
    Boston
    Chicago
    Big Country
    Just saw ELO, oh wait, Jeff Lynne isn't in Rockband, WHY?!?
  • Just got home from working at Leeds Festival. Skindred now sits at x6 thanks to a very good lunch break. Kinda wanted to see Papa Roach after my shift but the weather was pretty bad and I was too tired to make the trip up to the stage. That said, Jacoby did make a guest appearance in Skindred's set. I also saw Mike Shinoda's set, and he did play a few Linkin Park songs including a very heartfelt solo rendition of In The End as a tribute to Chester.
  • Vexus said:

We need more symphonic metal in general. It'll probably never happen though.

WHY DO I SAY THESE THINGS?!

(Not that I'm complaining about getting a good song I missed the first time around)
  • Next time can you say we will never get more Ayreon? :p
    Please say we are never getting any more Blue Öyster Cult.
    Vexus said:

Vexus said:

We need more symphonic metal in general. It'll probably never happen though.

WHY DO I SAY THESE THINGS?!

(Not that I'm complaining about getting a good song I missed the first time around)
    Say more!
  • I’ll try to put the year the best I can remember.

Kiss 1988,1996,2000
    Green Day 1994,2005
    Pearl Jam. 1994
    Smashing Pumpkins 1994,2018
    Van Halen 1993,2015
    Against Me 2005
    Jimmy Eat World 2005
    Everclear 2018
    The Monkees 1995,1996,2011
    Metric 2018
    Pink 2009
    One Direction 2013 I took my daughter
    5 Seconds To Summer 2013 opened for 1D
    Guns N Roses 2016
    Lenny Kravitz 2016
    Ted Nugent 2000
    Eddie Money 1998
    Scott Weiland of STP 2015
  • NofxthepirateNofxthepirate Unsigned
    edited September 5
    Saw The Decemberists in 2004, Weird Al in 2010 i think, and I saw Iron Maiden in 2016 for the Book Of Souls tour, amazing show even at their age. I don't go see big bands very often, mostly just local stuff.
    I saw Evanescence last week and they sucked. Good thing we were there to see Lindsey Sterling!
  • I saw Evanescence last week and they sucked. Good thing we were there to see Lindsey Sterling!

What was wrong with them? I saw a live stream of a concert they did like a year or two ago or so, and they seemed to be a fantastic live band from that
  • I saw Evanescence last week and they sucked. Good thing we were there to see Lindsey Sterling!

What was wrong with them? I saw a live stream of a concert they did like a year or two ago or so, and they seemed to be a fantastic live band from that
    Was it their set at Graspop? Because I was at their set at Graspop and you're right, they were pretty fantastic.
  • Vexus said:

I saw Evanescence last week and they sucked. Good thing we were there to see Lindsey Sterling!

Was it their set at Graspop? Because I was at their set at Graspop and you're right, they were pretty fantastic.
    It was this one http://loudwire.com/evanescence-live-stream-final-2016-performance/

They ended with a pretty good cover of Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson of all things
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 6
    I looked up her old live videos and some videos she sounded pretty rough (this was around the time the Fallen CD had come out).
    However there was also some really good performances by them around the same time. I think it depends on the night LOL

Edit: Wow check this out. This is the original version of the song from 2000.

You can tell it's very rough. I think she sounds fantastic.

I saw them a week ago too and they were fine, especially since they dropped the dated and even-then stupid nu-metal male vocal part from Bring Me To Life. I prob would have liked to see a regular concert first, but the orchestra was great, although the thing was the Amy Lee show even more than I expected, with the band members basically just part of the orchestra.

It was pretty enjoyable, but it did still confirm to me that Evanescence is the beginner's version of Within Temptation.
    BaronRob said:

I saw them a week ago too and they were fine, especially since they dropped the dated and even-then stupid nu-metal male vocal part from Bring Me To Life. I prob would have liked to see a regular concert first, but the orchestra was great, although the thing was the Amy Lee show even more than I expected, with the band members basically just part of the orchestra.
    I was expecting to see a rock band perform. A kind of metal-ey rock band. What we got was a diva performing with an orchestra and not letting her rock band perform, just blend in with the orchestra. It was bizarre. The guitarists and bassist just kind of sat with the orchestra, sometimes playing along but mostly not, frequently leaving the stage for a few songs at a time. Then coming back without really being allowed to have any impact. Amy brought Lindsey out to fiddle a solo to one song, but she didn't ever let her guitarist take a solo.

I guess if you like and wanted to see a diva fronting an orchestra it was okay, but I wanted to see a rock band and thought it sucked. For the record, I would be fine with seeing a rock band backed by an orchestra, but that was not the case here.