Guitar Hero Live - New Guitar Hero Game

So It looks like the new Guitar Hero is called Guitar Hero Live, I guess I can't wait to see what it has.
http://www.gamesradar.com/guitar-hero-live/
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/guita ... erson.html
Info from Videogammer
Details on the next Guitar Hero game appear to have leaked ahead of its official reveal later today.

As reported by Lemonde.fr (and syndicated by Yahoo France), the new game is allegedly called Guitar Hero LIVE and is in development at DJ Hero studio FreeStyleGames. It will also feature a new first-person viewpoint, the report claims.

VideoGamer.com has contacted Activision for comment.

Comments

• "Officially announced Tuesday, April 14, Guitar Hero Live takes the main concept of the series, that of a simplified partition scrolling on the screen, and a guitar-shaped controller to lean in the right tempo. Main originality of this album: the action will be shown in first person, in the skin of a guitarist during a concert and traditional color notes give way to six black and white notes, divided into two rows. "We wanted to more feel to play the guitar with his hands, while remaining a game, " says the British Dan Green, studio FreeStyleGames (already responsible for DJ Hero )."

French article already taken down

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028815
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    The greatest thing about the original Le Monde article is that the article title in the URL is prefaced with "NDA 16h," which means it wasn't supposed to be released before 4pm and they knew it. Probably a bug in the code somewhere.
    The site is live.

Have to admit, I'm intrigued.
  • edited April 2015
    Embedded the launch trailer into the OP.

Very interesting so far.

Am I seeing only 3 lanes on the guitar track?

OK so there are 3 buttons, twice... interesting. Kiss any hopes of RB4/GHL guitar compatibility good-bye.

I expected them to go big with the traditional 5 button or go Rocksmith but they M-Knight Shamalamadingdongd me with this button setup.

In any case, the guesses that they would go back to a guitar only game seem to be spot on.
  • I guess I'll give this a try (probably on my WiiU) . GHTV seems interesting. But the full band experience Rock Band offers remains much more appealing to me. And no backwards compatibility seems to be a big minus.
  • KrystofKrystof Road Warrior
    Music choices so far seem a bit too modern/indie for me. Hopefully it'll be a lot more diverse than what we've seen.
    The idea of split frets is pretty intriguing to me simply because it allows for rudimentary chord shapes. It's not six strings, but it could make for a more authentic feel.

Not moving up and down the frets sounds wrong to me, but I get it from a gaming perspective. There's a reason HMX originally used three colors in beginner/four in medium.
  • I would imagine there is going to be a HUGE divide in the GH community as they argue who is more rad.

5 button fake guitar or 6 button?

I like the idea of chord shapes but admittedly am a crappy fake guitar player either way. :P

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

I guess I'll give this a try (probably on my WiiU) .

Why in the hell would you ever do that to yourself?
  • kriskokrisko Opening Act
    I think that all people wanted was a new Guitar Hero like the old ones, not a reinvented experience. At the same time, it does look pretty interesting.
  • MarlboroMarlboro Road Warrior
    I'll pass.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 2015
    I picked up DJ Hero + DJ Hero 2 + Tony Hawk: Shred for super-cheap months after they were released. They were not $60-$99 worth of fun, but they were all easily worth $20. I'm just fascinated by games with dedicated controllers. Dance Dance Revolution. The Wii Balance Board is great. EA Sports Active 2 with heart monitor and motion sensors, that actually had me back to working out regularly (until the only remaining trophies were going to take me weeks to earn).

I'm SURE I will buy this at some point, the only question remaining is, will I have the patience to wait for the first price cut? By that point it should be clear if it's going to be a massive failure and that I'll be able to wait for it to go on clearance. I'm not predicting that outcome, but it's certainly not an impossible one.

I see why a company would want to try something new, but I feel certain that having two games that you could play with the same instruments added to the health of both. With GH going with a totally new controller, that synergy is lost.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    that's pretty cool that they're differentiating strumming up & strumming down. that's a new twist, isn't it?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I'll probably catch a bit of flack for this, but this thing looks like hot garbage. Seriously, live-action cutscenes? Are they making Guitar Hero for the Phillip's CD-i? Not to mention most folks will most likely be too distracted by the barrage of notes to ever notice whatever continuity errors there would be.

There's also the fact that the guitar and controls look a bit... awkward. Forget not moving up or down the fret, what about using all of our fingers? I've grown too used to using my pinky to just never use it again. Maybe there'll be some chords to use, but it's still rather bothersome to see that they've only not kissed backwards compatibility with controllers good-bye, but would just love to alienate their audience who's been playing their games since the beginning by throwing in a new controller. Now I myself have never used the controller, obviously, but it looks like a bit more of a pain in the ass, and at least I myself probably wouldn't have as much fun with it, based off of seeing the thing and seeing gameplay.

And then there's the setlist. From what artists have been listed, and the short snippet of songs shown on the trailer, it's looking like there's a lot more emphasis on alternative/indie, with a little bit of other random things thrown in because "variety" (like Skrillex, because apparently THAT'S great on-disc content...). I know we have yet to learn all the songs in the setlist, but this is starting to look a bit more like GH5's setlist, and while I liked GH5's setlist, it definitely wasn't their best, and there were several songs I could have lived without.

And that's my analysis on Night Trap: The Musical, based off of the press release and trailer.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    No bass, no drums, no vocals, FMV, $100+

Ummm... how bout no, Scott.

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I'd actually like to see the game in action before I make a true assumption. Its neat they're trying new things and all and it might actually work out for them, but I typically find anything I don't understand stupid before I give it a try. Rock Band and original Guitar Heroes were like this to me at first as well.

Then again it could be a gimmick with no solid substance reminiscent of the last decade of Nintendo products.
    All I know is if there's one thing gamers have said over and over again for the last 20 years is they love to play the same FMV scenes over and over again.

I'm going to be different this time and fall into that crowd of haters right out of the gate. This looks like ****.
    calloy said:

that's pretty cool that they're differentiating strumming up & strumming down. that's a new twist, isn't it?

1. Rock Band also detects if you're strumming up or strumming down in game, thus allowing for the Authentic Strummer achievement/trophy.
    2. If you're referring to the fact that the picks on the board are pointing up and down, I believe it's just another visual indicator of whether or not the button you're looking for is white (the lower buttons for right-handed people, thus pointing down) or black (the upper buttons, pointing up).
  • I'm not that excited, not going to purchase it but kind of underwhelming honestly. I mean its cool they are going in a total opposite direction from Rock band to make it unique but idk it just doesnt seem very appealing i wouldn't want to do Rock band 1st person I like being able to see myself, it just seems kind of meh.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

calloy said:

1. Rock Band also detects if you're strumming up or strumming down in game, thus allowing for the Authentic Strummer achievement/trophy.
    2. If you're referring to the fact that the picks on the board are pointing up and down, I believe it's just another visual indicator of whether or not the button you're looking for is white (the lower buttons for right-handed people, thus pointing down) or black (the upper buttons, pointing up).
    i did not know that. either way counts as correct, though. i think you may have to strum the correct way in the new GH for it to count as correct. i could be incorrect.
    calloy said:

LoopyChew said:

calloy said:

i did not know that. either way counts as correct, though. i think you may have to strum the correct way in the new GH for it to count as correct. i could be incorrect.
    Lemme know if you ever see a black and a white note ever facing in the same direction on the same screen (because if they're doing lefty mode, I'll wager the white notes will point up and the black notes down).
    Due to the 90's FMV it's been confirmed your band will consist of Mark Hamill, Cory Feldman, and Jill, The Master of Unlocking.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    no, i think you're right on the picks
  • I know not to read a book by it's cover, but when the cover of the book looks like someone sneezed on it and then used it as toilet paper... well I don't feel very compelled to look further into it
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I might be interested in this game if someone sent me a free copy.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    i just feel sorry for all those kids who ask for RB for christmas & get stinky old GH because their parents didn't know the difference
  • calloy said:

i just feel sorry for all those kids who ask for RB for christmas & get stinky old GH because their parents didn't know the difference

At least only one has the word "Band" in it now.

Trying to explain how the new controller is interesting is like this to me.

But, Guitar Hero has 6 buttons.