The ArmyOfMe Rock Band 5 Setlist!!! +++ All New Rock Band All-Stars Setlist!!! +++

Comments

• army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited October 2017
    (... Continued from above)

2000's

AFI - Silver and Cold (Emo) H
    Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Rock) GH
    At The Drive-In - Arcarsenal (Alternative) H
    Avenged Sevenfold - Blinded In Chains (Metal) GH*
    The Black Keys - Next Girl (Rock) H
    Blink-182 - Man Overboard (Punk) H
    Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (Prog) GH
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists (Nu-Metal) G
    The Donnas - Take It Off (Rock) GH
    Dream Theater - As I Am (Prog) DGH*
    Fall Out Boy - Grand Theft Autumn (Emo) H
    Foo Fighters - Low (Alternative) H
    Garbage - Cherry Lips (Alternative) H
    Good Charlotte - Little Things (Punk) H
    Incubus - Anna Molly (Alternative) DGH
    Interpol - Say Hello to the Angels (Indie Rock) G
    Jimmy Eat World - Work (Pop-Rock) GH
    The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine (Alternative) DG
    Linkin Park - Papercut (Nu-Metal) H
    Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe (Pop-Rock) GH
    Metric - Monster Hospital (Indie Rock) GH
    My Chemical Romance - The Ghost Of You (Emo) GH
    Pretty Girls Make Graves - Speakers Push the Air (Indie Rock) H*
    Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Dead (Rock) DGH*
    Silversun Pickups - Substitution (Indie Rock) GH
    The Strokes - You Only Live Once (Rock) G
    System of a Down - Question! (Nu-Metal) GH*
    Tegan & Sara - Hell (Indie Rock) GH
    Tenacious D - Wonderboy (Rock) GH
    Vampire Weekend - Cousins (Rock)
    Weezer - Keep Fishin' (Alternative) GH
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Y Control (Indie Rock) GH
    The Zutons - Pressure Point (Pop-Rock) DGH

2010's

Foster the People - Coming of Age (Pop-Rock) GH
    Grouplove - Colours (Indie Rock) GH
    Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I) (Rock) GH
    Imagine Dragons - It's Time (Alternative) H
    Jack White - Sixteen Saltines (Rock) GH
    Mastodon - The Motherload (Metal) G*
    Paramore - Hard Times (Pop-Rock) GH
    Phoenix - Entertainment (Alternative) H
    The Protomen- The Hounds (Rock) GH
    St. Vincent - Surgeon (Indie Rock) BGH
    White Denim - Drug (Indie Rock) GH*
    1 track from RB5 and 2 from All-Stars released as DLC! Crossed off for now; may replace with new tracks down the road.
    edited November 2017
    Quick Updates -

Swaps Due to New DLC
    • Asia - "Heat of the Moment" -> Lita Ford - "Kiss Me Deadly" (RB5 setlist)
    • Blue Oyster Cult - "Burning For You" -> "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" (RB All-Stars setlist)
    • Alice In Chains - "Them Bones" -> "Got Me Wrong" (RB All-Stars setlist)
    Lita Ford was just kind of a choice that I feel dumb I didn't think of before. Asia making it into RB DLC (huzzah!) was a perfect opportunity to swap her in.

For Blue Oyster Cult, there are songs I enjoy a bit more but aren't quite the exact fit for RB that "Cities on Flame" is. I tried not copying GH setlists if I can help it, but this track is just too perfect.

Thinking of an Alice in Chains swap, this may not be the obvious choice... I'm guessing the consensus is "I Stay Away" probably? And I'd love to have that song too, but I equally love "Got Me Wrong" (it did get plenty of radio play at the time) and there's such interesting things going on with each instrument.

Setlist Adjustment Swaps
    • Sleigh Bells - "Infinity Guitars" -> M83 (feat. Mai Lan) - "Go!" (RB5 setlist)
    I was always a little iffy about the Sleigh Bells pick because - although I really like the band & the track - it had two issues: I knew it didn't have prominent bass throughout, and the guitar & bass didn't have much to do during the verse sections. Both could be solved with creative alt-charting maybe, but I've tried steering away from that with these setlists. Replaced with an obvious contender I can't believe I didn't think of before - I've been a fan of M83 for a while, plus it's got a similar electro-pop vibe. (& that Steve Vai guitar tho)
    edited January 31
    (David Bowie voice) Ch-ch-changes!

Swaps Due to New DLC
    • Billy Squier - "Lonely Is The Night" -> Triumph - "Fight The Good Fight" (RB5 setlist)
    Didn't even realize until recently "Lonely Is The Night" was also on the GH5 setlist. Ah well. Triumph: Good band. Canadian band. (not sure how big they were elsewhere.) Hints of prog, but Rock-solid.

Setlist Adjustment Swaps
    • Violent Femmes - "Kiss Off" -> They Might Be Giants - "Ana Ng" (RB5 setlist)
    • Skid Row - "Youth Gone Wild" -> L.A. Guns - "Electric Gypsy" (RB5 setlist)
    • Rocket From The Crypt - "On A Rope" -> Jawbox - "Breathe" (RB5 setlist)
    • Brand New - "Sic Transit Gloria ... Glory Fades" -> "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" (RB5 setlist)
    So when I originally put Violent Femmes on this list (back when it was a RB4 "wishlist") we did have a song of theirs - "American Music" - which, ok, is one of their best songs but it wasn't the iconic song (which is basically my rule of thumb for including bands that already have DLC). Since then we've gotten "Blister In The Sun", so it's time to make room for a new band (even though "Kiss Off" is probably my favorite song of theirs and I really hope we get it as DLC some day). Say hello to another indie group... They Might Be Giants! Not a difficult song, except maybe vocals, but fun in an off-kilter way and a total earworm.

On a similar principle, now that we've gotten some good Skid Row DLC (and I'm assuming "Youth Gone Wild" is on its way... please don't make me a sad boi, Harmonix), a new band is ushered in: L.A. Guns, who later put the "Guns" in Guns N' Roses!

Rocket From The Crypt I always knew was a somewhat obscure (but underrated) band, and even though "On A Rope" is one of my favorite songs from the 90's and another track I'd love for DLC someday, "Breathe" from Jawbox (another somewhat obscure but really, really good band) fits the game a bit better, especially on guitar. Plus, it sounds a bit like Rollins Band and Helmet mixed in one. Rollhelm Bandet, you could say. (It's late here, cut me some slack)

For Brand New, I realized "Sic Transit Gloria" was already GH DLC and while that doesn't break any of my guidelines per se, they have so many good songs I thought 'why not change it up?', and felt like keeping towards their earlier stuff (but how do you choose, really?)