Artists who have only ever appeared on disc (no DLC yet)

Comments

• I'd gladly take some more Stones, St. Vincent, Flaming Lips and Metric.

Wouldn't mind more Primus, Beck, Modest Mouse, Cure or Vampire Weekend either.

Any Vampire Weekend and I will lose it. I just can't get enough of those guys.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Wow, that Vampire Weekend track is one of the four songs out 1350+ that I 1-lightered.
  • This is the Vampire Weekend track I want most. Would be so awesome:

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Where It's At would have been the perfect RB3 track.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Yeah I would've loved to see a pack with "Loser" and "Where It's At" with maybe "Gamma Ray" as a third track to just to fill out more songs from GH that we never got.

I can't imagine at this point we'd get something other than "Loser" if Beck did end up on-disc for RB4 though. Here's hoping.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

Yeah I would've loved to see a pack with "Loser" and "Where It's At" with maybe "Gamma Ray" as a third track to just to fill out more songs from GH that we never got.

I can't imagine at this point we'd get something other than "Loser" if Beck did end up on-disc for RB4 though. Here's hoping.

Devil's Haircut would be cool to get too. I haven't listened to much of his stuff past the early 2000s

I'd gladly take some more Stones, St. Vincent, Flaming Lips and Metric.

Wouldn't mind more Primus, Beck, Modest Mouse, Cure or Vampire Weekend either.

Any Vampire Weekend and I will lose it. I just can't get enough of those guys.
    Guitar Hero 5 got a Vampire Weekend pack with Cousins, Holiday, and The Kids Don't Stand a Chance. A lot of their stuff would've worked way better in RB3 with keys :(
  • edited October 2015
    It'd be nice if we got 'Bad Karma' by Ida Maria. That's her best song. It was used as the end credits theme song for Scream 4, and some Shane Dawson horror parody video. It's also a way much better song than the song that Rock Band 3's setlist had by Ida Maria.

Edit: Another song that was also part of Scream 4's OST by a band that has only appeared on disc in Rock Band before, and that I think would be nice if we got is 'Something To Die For' by The Sounds. If that song ever makes it in to Rock Band 4, either as a on disc song or DLC, then they should use the album version, and not the single version because the album version has a cool, small 'build up' intro to It.

• edited August 2015
    Thumbs up for the Shane Dawson reference. Not based on his body of work, but because I watched The Chair not too long ago in which he was competing with a woman in rewriting and directing separate movies based on the same script. Those two movies were worlds apart. It was a fascinating TV show even though the competition aspect of it was a joke (The winner was based on votes online and he's a youtube star and she is a complete unknown. She got slaughtered in the voting.) and some of the people involved in the show were unscrupulous, including Zachary Quinto.
  • It'd be nice if we got 'Bad Karma' by Ida Maria. That's her best and most well known song. It was used as the end credits theme song for Scream 4, and some Shane Dawson horror parody video. It's also a way much better song than the song that Rock Band 3's setlist had by Ida Maria.

Edit: Another song that was also part of Scream 4's OST by a band that has only appeared on disc in Rock Band before, and that I think would be nice if we got is 'Something To Die For' by The Sounds. If that song ever makes it in to Rock Band 4, either as a on disc song or DLC, then they should use the album version, and not the single version because the album version has a cool, small 'build up' intro to It.

I suppose there's a semantic argument about the latter, since Song with a Mission was DLC, but it was a WaveGroup cover.
    Updated the list

Added the following artists making their debut in Rock Band 4:
    -4 Non Blondes
    -Duck & Cover
    -Eddie Japan
    -Halestorm
    -Heaven's Basement
    -Lightning Bolt
    -Rick Derringer
    -Scorpions
    -Slydigs
    -Soul Remnants
    -White Denim

As of now, they are all exclusive to the Rock Band 4 disc setlist. If any of these artists are given DLC then I will remove them from the OP.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    Is there a radically different compensation structure for DLC than on-disc?

If so, that might explain it. Maybe on-disc you get a certain payment of $X whereas DLC you don't get upfront money but get a % of all sales. I could see certain bands/labels wanting the lump sum up front only.

Updated the list to add
    The Both
    Cake
    Little Big Town
    Lucius
    and The Protomen
    who are all making their debut in Rock Band 4

Also changed The Mighty Mighty Bosstones to reflect that now they are in RB2 AND RB4, however since they still have no DLC they continue to be on the list, joining The Cure, The Muffs, The Spin Doctors and AC/DC as the only bands to appear on more than one disc without DLC.

Will update again whenever new songs are announced
  • Duck & Cover is one of the PS4 preorder bonuses, correct? If so, that is just DLC that the PS4 Plus people are getting free, not disc songs.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    Duck & Cover is a disc song.
  • Magnet said:

Duck & Cover is a disc song.

I think you're correct. Sorry, I was looking at the Spotify list and it's not on there, for some reason.

Disregard my previous comment, OP.
  • Yeah with a percent Hmx is better covered, but I imagine few artists go that route.
    Finally got around to updating this thread with the remaining new artists in Rock Band 4!

Also, Interpol has now graduated off the list with the release of "All The Rage Back Home" last week on launch day.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I think the OP having U2 but not Van Halen is inconsistent. Both are presently disc-only, both are confirmed to have DLC forthcoming.

I think the OP having U2 but not Van Halen is inconsistent. Both are presently disc-only, both are confirmed to have DLC forthcoming.

Woops, that was just a mistake on my part. Adding Van Halen now. I guess I saw Van Morrison already on the list and mistook it.
    Congratulations to INXS for graduating off of this list!
  • Praying for Beach Boys / Modest Mouse / Vampire Weekend / Cure / more Interpol in the future, any song by any of these artists would be a definite buy for me
  • miethamietha Opening Act
    Pretty sure (unless I'm forgetting an on-disc song somewhere) The Sounds only song is a cover.
  • mietha said:

Pretty sure (unless I'm forgetting an on-disc song somewhere) The Sounds only song is a cover.

There's a Sounds song that's a cover, Song With a Mission
  • Didn't see Collective Soul (Shine) from RB Blitz. I just don't get how a band with so many hits only has 1 song from their debut album. How about December, The World I Know, Gel, Better Now, Run, Where The River Flows, Heavy? I mean c'mon Hmx :(
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2015
    Geester79 said:

Didn't see Collective Soul (Shine) from RB Blitz.

Because it was DLC. It wasn't on a disc.
  • Geester79 said:

Didn't see Collective Soul (Shine) from RB Blitz.

Because it was DLC. It wasn't on a disc.
    I get that, and I understand that RB Blitz isn't included. I guess I look at an in game set list that was later released as singles is different than weekly dlc. Just my opinion....
  • xSpezialexSpeziale Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Anarchy Club has never had non-RBN DLC. I think they're the only one in that catagory.

EDIT: Just re-read and you mentioned Tijuana Sweetheart. Forgot about them.

All that aside. I always forget how many disc artists are DLC-less
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    I would just like to inform you that the 20-free from RB2 code is not in the marketplace
  • MinxoticMinxotic Opening Act
    I would love more Tegan and Sara. I'm a fan after hearing/playing The Con
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper

Geester79 said:

Didn't see Collective Soul (Shine) from RB Blitz. I just don't get how a band with so many hits only has 1 song from their debut album. How about December, The World I Know, Gel, Better Now, Run, Where The River Flows, Heavy? I mean c'mon Hmx :(

You'll also notice it's a rerecord. That should help.
    Always confuses me more when we have only a single rerecord from a band. I suppose it's always likely enough that they had done that rerecord for other reasons and thus had it lying around when HMX needed master tracks for one song, but the Bosstones rerecord in RB2 left me wondering (forever, it seems) whether or not they recorded other songs in that session and just never released them.