Artists who have only ever appeared on disc (no DLC yet)

Comments

• Don't really see more of The Kooks in the cards, but I think given the recent trend of going back and grabbing popular songs they missed by bands in the game (though they aren't getting everything) I can see Diane Young making it eventually.
  • Don't really see more of The Kooks in the cards, but I think given the recent trend of going back and grabbing popular songs they missed by bands in the game (though they aren't getting everything) I can see Diane Young making it eventually.

'Cousins' by Vampire Weekend is a perfect fit for Rock Band. The guitar and drum parts would be fun as hell to play.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I predict the next few will be:

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
    Tegan and Sara - Closer
    Cake - The Distance
    The Cure - Lovesong
    Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait
    Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
    KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

Sadly, I'd have different picks for a few of them that probably just aren't in the cards due to relative popularity, like Close to Me or Dark Come Soon.
  • I really want Filter ft. the Crystal Method - Trip Like I Do. That was on my RB3 wishlist before Hey Man Nice Shot was announced, and on there afterward as a technical "well maybe they'll consider TCM a different artist!" note. Really, I just want TCM on there and figure that's my best shot at it. ("Name of the Game" would be pretty sweet as well.)
  • My predictions for the next few are:
    Cake - "The Distance"
    Filter - "Take a Picture"
    Halestorm - "Love Bites (So Do I)"
    Ratt - "Lay it Down"
    Scorpions - "Rock You Like a Hurricane"
    Tegan and Sara ft. The Lonely Island - "Everything is Awesome"
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Aw geez, you linked a video featuring a keytar...
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Don't really see more of The Kooks in the cards, but I think given the recent trend of going back and grabbing popular songs they missed by bands in the game (though they aren't getting everything) I can see Diane Young making it eventually.

'Cousins' by Vampire Weekend is a perfect fit for Rock Band. The guitar and drum parts would be fun as hell to play.
    It was DLC in Guitar Hero 5. One of the few Guitar Hero DLC songs I've been really jealous Rock Band doesn't have (yet).
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited August 2016

Don't really see more of The Kooks in the cards, but I think given the recent trend of going back and grabbing popular songs they missed by bands in the game (though they aren't getting everything) I can see Diane Young making it eventually.

I'd personally love White Sky too, that would be a blast on vocals. Though a lot of the keys would need to be charted to the guitar.

Also, it seems that a few 4-track masters from Bob Dylan have fairly recently been re-discovered. I know that the harmonica is with the vocals and the bass is with the drums (or on some tracks guitar) but, its better than eq-ing an entire track and not having any stems at all. The songs include: "Subterranean Homesick Blues", "One of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later)" and "Like A Rolling Stone". Not forgetting that GH also had the Dylan version of "All Along The Watchtower" too.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

It was DLC in Guitar Hero 5. One of the few Guitar Hero DLC songs I've been really jealous Rock Band doesn't have (yet).
    I was really jealous of that whole pack that GH5 got. I really want The Kids Don't Stand A Chance above all from that pack
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I could put a large pack together of Vampire Weekend songs I want, but this really ain't the place.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    we need a batch of Bryan Adams
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    I need more Grouplove and Ida Maria. Also more St. Vincent
  • These are the bands I really really want more of... especially Primus and Rammstein

Cake (RB4)
    Dire Straits (RB3)
    Golden Earring (RB3)
    Modest Mouse (RB2)
    Mumford & Sons (RB4)
    Primus (RB3)
    The Protomen (RB4)
    Rammstein (RB3)
    The Rolling Stones (RB1)
    Scorpions (RB4)
    Vampire Weekend (Lego)
  • Id love to get some more Rolling Stones, Molly Hatchet, Outlaws, Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Beach Boys, Golden Earring, Cake, Elvis, Van Morrison etc.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    The Cure can be taken off now, as they've been confirmed for this month.
  • I wouldn't count RBN tracks since those are apparently completely meaningless now.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    We can finally knock another name off our list with the addition of Cake's cover of "I Will Survive" making it onto the marketplace next month!

Still debating on how to handle Rock Band Rewind songs, since so far Ratt has been the first and only band to have their disc song featured as a Rewind without having any other DLC already on the marketplace. I think just an asterisk or some kind of annotation will be enough to maintain the primary of purpose of the thread, but if y'all think that Ratt deserves off the list due to the rerelease then let me know.
  • @GLaDOS Hmm, I rather wait until we get a new song from Ratt like Lay It Down (Another good song from that band that I would like to have from them someday).

But this is a good list, I hope we get some Elvis Presley and Beach Boys DLC someday, because I grew up listening to their type of music as a kid (And I still love their music, even though, I've been listening to modern stuff nowadays).
  • The Cure can be taken off now, as they've been confirmed for this month.

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

I think just an asterisk or some kind of annotation will be enough to maintain the primary of purpose of the thread, but if y'all think that Ratt deserves off the list due to the rerelease then let me know.

What is the 'purpose of the thread'? I was mostly under the impression that the purpose here was to identify the artists that might have hangups about making their tracks available for individual purchase. If that's the case, what makes Ratt relevantly different from, say, Great White or Quiet Riot? Their sole song was initially only available to people who bought an 'exportable' game and all the songs that came with it as one atomic bundle, but eventually became available for individual sale.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited February 2017
    Doesn't seem right to mark off Ratt as it's just the same song.

And Blitz (which isn't a disc) was made with the intention of reselling as individual pieces. The Ratt song had to actually be relicensed (almost a decade later at that).

I have no issue with the footnote about it being a rewind track also though. But it shouldn't be removed.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    It is a tough call. I see what ThatMarkGuy is saying, as these rewind releases prove an artist isn't opposed to having their songs available as DLC... and also that, without assumptions of artist intent, it's still notable that the song can be purchased without buying a disc, which is also a striking difference from disc-only tracks or artists. So I could definitely see the argument that these rewinds "count" as DLC in the most meaningful sense.

I do understand the other side, though. The band has had one disc song, and no additional DLC songs. So if that's what people are looking for it makes sense that this wouldn't count.

Long way of saying I agree with the parenthetical for now. Might make sense to give it its own section if it happens more than a couple times.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited March 2017
    As we're seeing another Mumford & Sons song come to VR, we could potentially be getting "I Will Wait" as DLC. Obviously it's not confirmed as DLC yet, but I thought that was relevant to this thread.
  • I'm surprised "Money for Nothing" hasn't appeared yet. But personally, I would really love some Scorpions dlc, a large pack like Def Leppard. Everybody knows "Rock You Like a Hurricane", then I would add "Winds of Change", "Hit Between the Eyes", "Big City Nights" and "Send Me An Angel". I really like the "Crazy World" album! I hope to get more Halestorm as well, I was surprised again that "Love Bites(So Do I)" hasn't come out for Valentine's Day yet. I also like "Freak Like Me", in addition to "I Miss the Misery", these are the songs that stood out when I saw them live in 2011; but I think that was before "Love Bites(So Do I)"!
    Yeah the fact that we only have 1 Dire Straits song and it's not one of the first two that most people think of (anecdotal, I know, but at least for me and everyone I know it'd be maybe the 3rd or 4th) is kinda crazy, though I suppose that has happened a couple of times in RB so far
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    It's cool that so far the set list has 5 songs so far from artists that only have appeared once in any form. And over 10 artists new to the game along with friends who were only ever in RBN.

Also does RBVR count as a standalone game like a main entry in Rock Band on this list?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

Yeah the fact that we only have 1 Dire Straits song and it's not one of the first two that most people think of (anecdotal, I know, but at least for me and everyone I know it'd be maybe the 3rd or 4th) is kinda crazy, though I suppose that has happened a couple of times in RB so far

Also stranger since we know Money For Nothing and Sultans of Swing are attainable (since they were in Guitar Hero).

I still can't believe we don't have more Modest Mouse either.
    Even though somewhere between some and all of the RBVR artists will come to RB4 as DLC eventually, I went ahead and added them to the list.

I'm sure it will make it even more confusing once they do come as DLC as far as how to annotate this list at that time, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it I 'spose.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    edited March 2017
    GLaDOS said:

Even though somewhere between some and all of the RBVR artists will come to RB4 as DLC eventually, I went ahead and added them to the list.

I'm sure it will make it even more confusing once they do come as DLC as far as how to annotate this list at that time, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it I 'spose.

If we're counting a spinoff as on-disc, and the rerelease of the on-disc song as not-enough-DLC to take them off this list, shouldn't we count artists like the Jackson 5? On-disc on Lego and Unplugged; the Unplugged song came later as DLC to the main platform but it's still only the two songs included in the games, right?

(The more you think about it, the more complicated this list becomes...)