Rock Band 4 Export Guide - Unofficial

SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
edited June 27 in Rock Band
(IF YOU ARE AN XBOX PLAYER LOOKING TO DOWNLOAD CONTENT YOU ALREADY OWN, SKIP RIGHT TO THIS STEP)

Harmonix has said, "Players who’ve purchased or downloaded playable tracks on last-generation consoles will be able to download and play those tracks on their new platforms at no additional charge." MOST songs that you purchased on a last-gen console will give you the license on next-gen consoles. If you never exported a disc or large title, you don’t have the license for the applicable tracks.

So, what titles can you 'export' now?

Rock Band

– This export is no longer available for purchase. The 9 European-exclusive tracks will NOT entitle to RB4.

Instructions for export owners

Rock Band 2

– This export is no longer available for purchase.

Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks

– No longer available for purchase.

Download link for Playstation owners

LEGO: Rock Band

– This export is no longer available for purchase.

TRACK PACKS

– Track Packs include a download code. If you get a new copy with a valid code, you can use the code and get the tracks in RB1-RB4. If you already used the code, there is a record in your download history.

NOTE: Track Pack 1 was never exportable
NOTE: PS2 discs are not exportable

Go to "Redeem Code" on your console website and enter the code. You can also redeem the code on a last-gen console.

Instructions for Playstation Track Pack owners

Instructions for Xbox Track Pack owners

Rock Band: Blitz

– This export is available.

There is no export fee beyond the cost of the game. The soundtrack is downloaded separately from the game. Only SIEE users need to trigger that download to flag the songs for download in RB4.

Instructions for Blitz owners

Beatles: Rock Band

- Not available for export

Rock Band 3

- This game is no longer being produced, but there are some physical copies that can still be purchased.

You can only export Rock Band 3 through the in-game Music Store in Rock Band 4. You will not be able to export through the first-party store or online.

Instructions for purchase

If you are on PS4 and get stuck at Step 6, follow the steps here.

If the automatic check does not work for your profile, contact Rock Band Support.

Green Day: Rock Band

- This export is no longer available for purchase, but all songs are available as paid DLC.

DLC

PlayStation 4 Redownload Steps

Xbox One Redownload Steps

DLC that is no longer available for purchase: If you purchased a song that was later removed, most will be available for redownload in Rock Band 4 at a later date. None of the songs will be available for purchase after being removed.

DLC still available in store:
If you are an Xbox One player, purchasing the Rock Band 4 file will NOT give you the Xbox 360 version for any song. On PlayStation, songs available on PlayStation 3 are also CrossBuy, and any purchase will give both PS3 and PS4 permissions.

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2015

Track Packs aren't exports, they're just download codes. At least on the 360(pretty sure PS3 also can, late web store and all), you can enter codes on the site with zero need of a console.

OK. Fixed that part.

• GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2015
    Great guide for newer players and console switchers, can this be sticky'ed? Though you did leave out Rock Band: Green Day which is no longer exportable but all the tracks are available as DLC.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    Yeah, add in Green Day.

Also, I would suggest making a note that while no new codes are being produced for Green Day and Lego, it is possible the expired codes may still work, but they are unlikely and don't expect them to. I heard a report not a few days ago about someone using the GD Export.
  • Fane1024Fane1024 Opening Act
    edited July 2015
    Minor fix, if you care: first line says "PB4".

p.s. Thanks for all of these kinds of posts, Sayburr. You're a mensch.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    The RB1 song export license can be purchased directly from the PS Store as well.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/rock-band-song-export-key/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RB1EXPORTCCF0099 (US version; link might be different for other regions)

Great guide for newer players and console switchers, can this be sticky'ed? Though you did leave out Rock Band: Green Day which is no longer exportable but all the tracks are available as DLC.

Thanks, since I used that as a "track pack" and hardly played the actual game I kinda thought of it in that way. I have now added it to the list.

The RB1 song export license can be purchased directly from the PS Store as well.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/rock-band-song-export-key/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RB1EXPORTCCF0099 (US version; link might be different for other regions)

Thanks, added the link
    Fane1024 said:

Minor fix, if you care: first line says "PB4".

Fixed.
    Bront20 said:

Also, I would suggest making a note that while no new codes are being produced for Green Day and Lego, it is possible the expired codes may still work, but they are unlikely and don't expect them to. I heard a report not a few days ago about someone using the GD Export.

Noted.

So, now, how does the above post look?

Looks great.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    edited July 2015
    Dat quad post tho :p
  • Storm360Storm360 Unsigned
    I can verify Green Day RB still exports on EU PSN although the export must be done through the game itself, not RB3
  • Storm360 said:

I can verify Green Day RB still exports on EU PSN although the export must be done through the game itself, not RB3

Question (kinda newb here) ... how do you export through the GAME ITSELF but not RB3? I had this issue with a different export that didn't seem to work and wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
  • Storm360 said:

Question (kinda newb here) ... how do you export through the GAME ITSELF but not RB3? I had this issue with a different export that didn't seem to work and wonder if I'm doing something wrong.
    What game?

In Green Day and RB1, it should be under Extras I believe at the main menu (if not extras its in options for sure)

In LEGO Rock Band you need to go into the music store.

RB2 has to be done through RB3

The track packs you just enter the code from the back of the manual
  • edited August 2015
    Problem is with RB2 being done through RB3 ... no code seems to work and EA has given me like 5 codes and I finally gave up and started just buying the songs I wanted as downloads from the PSN store.

• I recently got Rock Band 1,2, and 3. I was wondering what is the best way to export them all?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 2015
    The link regarding RB2 export only seems to mention PS3, has anyone confirmed whether it's also the case for 360?
  • The link regarding RB2 export only seems to mention PS3, has anyone confirmed whether it's also the case for 360?

Yeah, Harmonix also have pages for the 360 and Wii versions.
  • Has anyone had any luck with Lego RB recently? I got RB2 to transfer about a week ago after a couple of days of trying, and RB1 had 0% issues, but LRB is being stubborn.
  • Domon7411 said:

Has anyone had any luck with Lego RB recently? I got RB2 to transfer about a week ago after a couple of days of trying, and RB1 had 0% issues, but LRB is being stubborn.

The LRB export expired. It's gone for good. RB2 expired too but the reason you got that to export is because EA is nice (sometimes). Warner Bros on the other hand, not so much.

• KRader627 said:

Domon7411 said:

Has anyone had any luck with Lego RB recently? I got RB2 to transfer about a week ago after a couple of days of trying, and RB1 had 0% issues, but LRB is being stubborn.

The LRB export expired. It's gone for good. RB2 expired too but the reason you got that to export is because EA is nice (sometimes). Warner Bros on the other hand, not so much.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA have in their mind that giving you the RB2 export will persuade you to get RB4 but also Star Wars Battlefront. I assume many music game fans have only decided to upgrade to current gen because RB4 exists and is not on last gen.
  • KRader627 said:

Well, That's depressing. Myself and every last one of my friends all had Rock Band on the Wii, so the whole "if you bought it, it can come with you to RB4" line is pretty meaningless to us. I've been trying to rebuild over on 360, but its proving both expensive and frustrating.
  • yeah yesterday on 360 i was able to get to the purchase screen with rb2. But i was going to a concert so I left it until today. long weekend in canada. now today i had to download the update and it took the export away in the game. wtf....so I could have still bought it yesterday?
    edited September 2015
    Domon7411 said:

Lego got depreciated, so all the codes were intentionally expired. Blame WB games.
  • Do you think it's worth buying the Rock Band 1 Export Key from the Playstation Store to see if it will work in RB4? I don't have the RB1 disc.
  • A bigger question is will PS3 still be the red headed stepchild? We switched from PS3 to Xbox for solely that reason with RB3. Is it worth getting a XBone just for $1k of DLC on the MS store, most of which we never played very often? Or if PS4 will be properly supported, it may be cheaper to use our existing PS4 and rebuy the DLC from Sony that we really want again.
  • A bigger question is will PS3 still be the red headed stepchild? We switched from PS3 to Xbox for solely that reason with RB3. Is it worth getting a XBone just for $1k of DLC on the MS store, most of which we never played very often? Or if PS4 will be properly supported, it may be cheaper to use our existing PS4 and rebuy the DLC from Sony that we really want again.

Well, everything we've heard so far suggests that PS4 users may actually have an advantage this time around, at least with instruments.
    LoopyChew said:

A bigger question is will PS3 still be the red headed stepchild? We switched from PS3 to Xbox for solely that reason with RB3. Is it worth getting a XBone just for $1k of DLC on the MS store, most of which we never played very often? Or if PS4 will be properly supported, it may be cheaper to use our existing PS4 and rebuy the DLC from Sony that we really want again.

Well, everything we've heard so far suggests that PS4 users may actually have an advantage this time around, at least with instruments.
    Yup, and beyond that, hardware wise they're identical, there's no RBN or frame to have RBN only on the XBone, and Sony's been working with HMX closely.

So, the question is, is the 1K of DLC (and possibly instruments you don't need to buy). From a cost perspective, probably, but if you don't play most of it, as you say, then you mostly need to make sure you won't miss what you'll never be able to recover (RB2, Lego, and pulled songs).
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    I hope they can work out some way for the disc tracks to become available to people who are new to RB or have switched console families.

For one, they form a large chunk of the number of songs in the Rock Band library they are so proud to promote. Besides that, there are songs like Everlong on the RB2 disc that complete "Full Album" DLC, and that's going to be tough to explain to people who are new to Rock Band. "Oh sorry, if you wanted the FULL album you needed to buy and export a game on a last gen system, a process that is no longer supported"

I can understand pulled songs never turning up again, but are they treating all the disc songs as pulled songs too?

Depends whether you live in North America or somewhere else. If the latter, don't bother with PS4 at all because SCEE will treat music game fans like complete trash again like with last gen (if you don't believe me, where's the PS4 digital preorder in Europe?). If North America, it depends on how much you've invested into the series on 360. Add up the number of DLC you have, multiply by 2 and if it's more expensive than the price of XB1 then get an XB1, if not it's more about personal preference.